+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Temperature Warning

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Anyone know a plist or something to disable this warning on the iPhone 4? My phone is always at a cool temperature when this pops up and it pops up
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone know a plist or something to disable this warning on the iPhone 4? My phone is always at a cool temperature when this pops up and it pops up about every 5 minutes even when I'm just listening to music and the screen is off. Phone is 2 months out of warranty so I can't take it to Apple. Thanks.

Alright so I find out where I'd be able to disable this, but I need the help of someone who's more experienced.

<key>THERMAL_ALERT_STRING</key>
    <string>iPhone needs to cool down
    before you can use it.</string>

private\var\preferences\SystemConfiguration\OSTher malStatus.plist

Would I just delete those lines of code to stop the warning from popping up? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by golfing7861; 05-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks

Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well it kind of is concerning if your phone is giving that warning when the temp isn't high. Could mean some sort of malfunction that could lead to worse things later. Maybe get Apple to look at it anyhow. Sometimes they're nice regardless of warranty expiration and might do something about it for you.

As for disabling the warning, I'm sorry I don't know much about that. Maybe someone else will know. But my personal suggestion is to at least try to get Apple to take a look at it. It wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't malfunctioning.

Just curious, have you tried a restore? Is your device jailbroken? Could it be some sort of Cydia tweak/app causing conflict with the normal function of the device? It could very well also be a software issue rather than hardware.

Thanks

I'm actually worried about it too. Would you recommend me to just walk into the Apple store and just ask someone about it/how much would just talking about the phone cost? I've restored it numerous times, I used to be jailbroken, but currently I'm not. I don't think it could be a software issue since I've done about 10 restores on the phone from a backup and setting it up as a new phone.

Thanks

Right, it seems like hardware issues if restoring won't fix it. Did you ever try setting the device up as new rather than restoring from a backup to see if the issue persists? Just throwing some suggestions out there to save you the trip. If it's still a problem after restoring and setting up as new, then yeah go to your Apple store and just ask them if they could take a look at your phone. Maybe even ask like you said how much it'd cost to fix if possible. Some reps are really nice though and will take a look for you. Some people even get replacements out of warranty bc it's a manufacturer defect (assuming you didn't drop it in water or abuse it...).

Edit: don't go in with high hopes though. It really depends on the reps.

Thanks

Yes I did try to set it up as a new phone as well, didn't really make a difference. I'm very busy with final exams for till the end of May so I'll try to go sometime towards the beginning on June. I wish there was some sort of method out there that could give me a temporary fix since at the state it's currently in, I can't even listen to more than a song or two without the warning screen popping up and closing the Music app.

Thanks

So I checked the water sensor from the headphone jack and it's white, which I believe means no water damage. Is this a known hardware issue?

EVO
    Thanks

restoring it will give you the clue to determine whether it is a software issue or hardware issue...

there is not really much you can do with a hardware issue like this, Apple products do tend to be defective, it is not bullet-proof

It can cost between $100-250

Thanks

Well restoring really didn't do much. Kinda sad that I just bought the phone and now I'm going to have to spend almost as much as I paid for it...fml

EVO
    Thanks

i apologize for that, you can try to sell it and get at least some money back

Thanks

Recently when the phone heats up, I just turn it off and turn it back on and the phone starts working again for a short period of time. Is this a safe thing to do or not?

Thanks

Well I don't think it's unsafe to reboot your phone. What's unsafe is that the problem doesn't go away. There is some sort of hardware issue that's causing it to do that. It's either try to get Apple to fix it, or sell it for parts or as is.

Thanks

I opened up the phone today and I saw that ONLY the 2 water sensors next to the logic board were pink, not any in the dock or the headphone jack. What does this mean/how can I fix it?

Thanks

Anyone?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Sounds like ya got some water damage in there if they pink.

Thanks

Is there anything that I can do so that I don't keep getting the temperature warning?

2k1
    Thanks

Have ya tried to leave it open over night and maybe let it dry out some more. May still be damp or something. You said you bought this from someone? Did you drop it in the water? Where are who did you git this from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Have ya tried to leave it open over night and maybe let it dry out some more. May still be damp or something. You said you bought this from someone? Did you drop it in the water? Where are who did you git this from?
    Well it's been like 2.5 months since I've had and who knows when the original owner dropped it, so could water still be in there? No I'm not the one who dropped it and I bought it off of Craigslist (unfortunately).

2k1
    Thanks

Ya can try what I said leave it open over night and see what happens seems like that water damage is messing with it

Thanks

So I should pretty much do this- iPhone 4 Teardown - iFixit and leave it to dry overnight and then reassemble?

LinkBacks (?)