+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Urgent HELP] Stuck in white screen + vertical colored lines

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi everyone, I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 (GSM) with firmware 5.0.1. I accidentally deleted all the files and sub folders in the directory (/usr/lib/) and the screen then freezes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy [Urgent HELP] Stuck in white screen + vertical colored lines
    Hi everyone,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 (GSM) with firmware 5.0.1. I accidentally deleted all the files and sub folders in the directory (/usr/lib/) and the screen then freezes (freezes in home screen). However, I can still connect it with computer that can properly detects the device, and so I try to recover the files by copying all the files which are from my friend's iPhone (same device, same firmware version, also jailbroken) to mine. Then, I hold the power and home buttons to force the iPhone to shutdown. Unfortunately, the iPhone goes into a state that there are just a white screen and some vertical colored lines (see attachment). Even I press whatever button (or both), connect with computer, hold the buttons for a very very long time, the device does not give any response...

I now have no idea to fix it, could you please teach me if you know how to solve this problem

Since my iPhone is jailbroken, I am afriad that Apple will not help me to fix it (the warranty has expired so I have to pay for it).

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Urgent HELP] Stuck in white screen + vertical colored lines-529851_282523465173949_100002488936929_610339_1506904865_n.jpg  
    Last edited by mouseyip; 05-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Thanks

i tried to search solutions on google, but no luck. i only found several people saying that's also their problem. i think most of them is because of LCD. also, apple will not accept jailbroken phones cause it's somehow illegal.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mouseyip View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 (GSM) with firmware 5.0.1. I accidentally deleted all the files and sub folders in the directory (/usr/lib/) and the screen then freezes (freezes in home screen). However, I can still connect it with computer that can properly detects the device, and so I try to recover the files by copying all the files which are from my friend's iPhone (same device, same firmware version, also jailbroken) to mine. Then, I hold the power and home buttons to force the iPhone to shutdown. Unfortunately, the iPhone goes into a state that there are just a white screen and some vertical colored lines (see attachment). Even I press whatever button (or both), connect with computer, hold the buttons for a very very long time, the device does not give any response...

I now have no idea to fix it, could you please teach me if you know how to solve this problem

Since my iPhone is jailbroken, I am afriad that Apple will not help me to fix it (the warranty has expired so I have to pay for it).

Thanks in advance!
    how can you "accidentally" the files?? You have to know what you are doing, what those files do, and the result of deleting those files, otherwise you end of with a phone like yours.

I apologize if I am being harsh, but there's a reason why Apple doesnt want their iphones being modified...

now back on topic, can it at least turn off when you press the power off??

try to use tinyumbrella and see if tinyumbrella detects the phone, if it does, use tinyumbrella to enter RECOVERY MODE, and restore to a stock firmware 5.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseyip View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
    Hi,

Were you able to find a solution? Even I have the same problem which started when I restarted the phone. I'm using Iphone 4 GSM, 5.0.1

thanks

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f1_manchester View Post
    Hi,

Were you able to find a solution? Even I have the same problem which started when I restarted the phone. I'm using Iphone 4 GSM, 5.0.1

thanks
    attempt to do what I suggested, connect your iphone to the pc and run tinyumbrella and see if the program detects your iphone under "Connected Devices" then enter recovery mode and restore to a 5.1.1 (that is if you dont have any important data that you cant backup already)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

f1_manchester (06-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    attempt to do what I suggested, connect your iphone to the pc and run tinyumbrella and see if the program detects your iphone under "Connected Devices" then enter recovery mode and restore to a 5.1.1 (that is if you dont have any important data that you cant backup already)
    thank you for your response. I did try to see if tinyumbrella detected my phone but it doesn't. I guess the only way would be to take it for repair now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    My ifile is crashing so im not sure if the trash folder is inside the folder you deleted, but if its not all the things you deleted might be in the trash folder...
    But im just wandering how you ACCIDENTLY deleted that
    If i helped you in any way and/or caused you to brick your phone, click the botton in my post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,
    Going back to the post by mouseyip, I've finally manged to get my phone working now. I used redsnow, custom IPSW 5.1.1, Pwned DFU , put the phone in DFU mode and Itunes detected it! Had been googling it for the last 4 days! Hopefully people with the vertical colored lines can do the same.