+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BB stuck at 4.11.08 after downgrading to 4.3.3 - iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi guys! I have an iPhone 4. I used to run iOS 5 on my iPhone, until a few months ago when I tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 using redsn0w
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation BB stuck at 4.11.08 after downgrading to 4.3.3 - iPhone 4
    Hi guys!

I have an iPhone 4. I used to run iOS 5 on my iPhone, until a few months ago when I tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 using redsn0w and TSS Server. Long story short, big mistake. I'm now STUCK on iOS 4.3.3 with the 4.11.08 BB. I tried to normally restore my phone using iTunes by pointing to the iOS5 firmware (iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw). I error out every single time. I even tried to let iTunes restore it automatically by downloading the latest firmware version, but it errors out every single time. I'm stuck, what can I do?

Can I cook a custom firmware with Pwnage Tool, preserve the 4.11.08 BB, and upgrade my firmware back to iOS5?

Please advise! This is seeming like a loss to me...

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you saved the hash and APTicket file for 5.0.1 (untethered jailbreak) then you can restore to 5.0.1. Why do you want to preserved the baseband? Since you baseband can not be unlock either which ultrasn0w or gevey so just do a clean restore to 5.1. Open TinyUmbrella go to advance and make sure uncheck set host to Cydia on exist, reboot and put your iPhone into pwned DFU using redsn0w and restore with iTunes. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

If you don't have 5.0 or 5.0.1 shsh ,then you can't have any of those restore for untethered jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have my 5.0 .shsh blob (in .plist format). So do I stitch my STOCK 5.0 IPSW to my SHSH blob, go into Pwned DFU mode, and then restore in iTunes? A partial blob shouldn't matter so long as I'm in Pwned DFU mode, right?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shecky2 View Post
    i have my 5.0 .shsh blob (in .plist format). So do i stitch my stock 5.0 ipsw to my shsh blob, go into pwned dfu mode, and then restore in itunes? A partial blob shouldn't matter so long as i'm in pwned dfu mode, right?
    edit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky2 View Post
    I have my 5.0 .shsh blob (in .plist format). So do I stitch my STOCK 5.0 IPSW to my SHSH blob, go into Pwned DFU mode, and then restore in iTunes? A partial blob shouldn't matter so long as I'm in Pwned DFU mode, right?
    So, would this method work to fix my issue? Thanks for helping to point me in the right direction!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone for clarification?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Why Partial blob ?????? If you have the blob, you should be able to restore to the firmware.

EVO
    Thanks

if you have partial blobs you must go via PWNED DFU mode before starting itunes. And you can stitch the blobs to any firmware, stock or custom.

Tell us what what methods you have tried and what itunes errors resulted from those methods.

But first try what i said if you havent already done so

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    if you have partial blobs you must go via PWNED DFU mode before starting itunes. And you can stitch the blobs to any firmware, stock or custom.

Tell us what what methods you have tried and what itunes errors resulted from those methods.

But first try what i said if you havent already done so
    Hi 6thDAY,

I finally got the chance to try this. I did exactly as you said and I got an Error 1600. It stops right there. Went into pwned dfu mode with redsn0w and tried restoring the stitched ipsw and it doesn't work. Also tried restoring with the stock 5.0 firmware and that doesn't work either (Error 3194)
    Last edited by Shecky2; 06-06-2012 at 12:06 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

wow I forgot exactly what it was that I assisted you with...

that error 3194 is although not specific, usually deals with the fact that you dont have the shsh blobs for..

but why restore to 5.0?

there is a released untethered jailbreak for 5.1.1, you can update to that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow I forgot exactly what it was that I assisted you with...

that error 3194 is although not specific, usually deals with the fact that you dont have the shsh blobs for..

but why restore to 5.0?

there is a released untethered jailbreak for 5.1.1, you can update to that
    So, should I download the latest 5.1.1 ipsw and restore to that? I don't need to do anything special? Pwned DFU mode? Just a basic restore? Do you think that will work considering I keep getting these restore errors? I'm thinking it's because I'm on a iOS 5 baseband but running 4.3 firmware... ughhhh, I'm never downgrading anything again... :/

EVO
    Thanks

So, should I download the latest 5.1.1 ipsw and restore to that? I don't need to do anything special? Pwned DFU mode? Just a basic restore? Do you think that will work considering I keep getting these restore errors? I'm thinking it's because I'm on a iOS 5 baseband but running 4.3 firmware... ughhhh, I'm never downgrading anything again... :/
    yup its easier restoring to an iOS Apple is still signing (current firmware) versus trying to restore to one that Apple isnt signing...

now do you care about the unlock or any future unlock?

Thanks

I'd personally recommend just a normal, basic restore to iOS 5.1.1, then running the Absinthe 2.0.4 tool to jailbreak your phone.

The 3194 error does in fact come from not having a valid set of SHSH blobs--which, with a stock restore to a straightforward iOS 5.0, is entirely expected behavior. The 1600 error probably comes from your "partial" SHSH blobs. I'm guessing you're missing a valid APTicket for that firmware, which as far as I am aware, there is no way to bypass, even with an otherwise valid set of SHSH blobs. If you want to verify your SHSH blobs, run redsn0w 0.9.12b1 and verify the blobs through redsn0w (Extras -> SHSH blobs -> Verify).

EDIT: If you need an unlock through a commercial add-on product, then do not do a stock firmware restore! Additional trickery will be needed to preserve that baseband and keep an unlock (though I don't know if there's a commercial add-on that works on the 04.11.08 baseband--so it may be moot).
    Last edited by Orby; 06-06-2012 at 12:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yup its easier restoring to an iOS Apple is still signing (current firmware) versus trying to restore to one that Apple isnt signing...

now do you care about the unlock or any future unlock?
    Not at all. I'm on AT&T and don't plan on unlocking anytime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I'd personally recommend just a normal, basic restore to iOS 5.1.1, then running the Absinthe 2.0.4 tool to jailbreak your phone.

The 3194 error does in fact come from not having a valid set of SHSH blobs--which, with a stock restore to a straightforward iOS 5.0, is entirely expected behavior. The 1600 error probably comes from your "partial" SHSH blobs. I'm guessing you're missing a valid APTicket for that firmware, which as far as I am aware, there is no way to bypass, even with an otherwise valid set of SHSH blobs. If you want to verify your SHSH blobs, run redsn0w 0.9.12b1 and verify the blobs through redsn0w (Extras -> SHSH blobs -> Verify).
    Hi Orby,

Thanks for chiming in! I actually did verify my shsh blob and it came out to partial, not full. This is why I think I'm having the problem trying to restore. No matter what I do, it just keeps throwing errors at me!

Geez. Please excuse my double post! I mean to edit my previous! :/
    Last edited by Shecky2; 06-06-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Thanks

Go for a stock restore to 5.1.1, then run Absinthe--you're all clear on that front. Good luck!

(PS: Double posting is never a problem--we'll merge it together for you! )

EVO
    Thanks

then its much easier for you!

first make sure to check yours HOSTS file

go to C drive -> System32 -> drivers -> etc -> hosts

open the hosts file with notepad and make sure there isnt a host entry with "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com"

if there is, delete that entry, then open itunes and click the Update button, it will first download that firmware and will restore your iphone, just make sure you are out of "recovery mode", in other words you're in normal mode

18. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Shecky2 (06-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Go for a stock restore to 5.1.1, then run Absinthe--you're all clear on that front. Good luck!

(PS: Double posting is never a problem--we'll merge it together for you! )
    I'll try this restore right now! Crossing my fingers and I'll report back with results. God I hope this works, lol.

then its much easier for you!

first make sure to check yours HOSTS file

go to C drive -> System32 -> drivers -> etc -> hosts

open the hosts file with notepad and make sure there isnt a host entry with "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com"

if there is, delete that entry, then open itunes and click the Update button, it will first download that firmware and will restore your iphone, just make sure you are out of "recovery mode", in other words you're in normal mode
    Thanks 6thDAY! Had these entries in my hosts file:

#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

Removing them now.. will report back with results!
    Last edited by Shecky2; 06-06-2012 at 01:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got a little too late for me to post last night, but here are the results:

IT WORKED! I was so relieved. I also did the 5.1.1 jailbreak with redsn0w. Worked flawlessly. Thanks so much guys! REALLY appreciate it!

But, just for kicks and giggles: Why didn't my stitched IPSW with the partial blobs work? I know apple stopped signing iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1, but isn't that why they made it possible for you to stitch a stock IPSW? Because even though apple stopped signing the firmware, it should work either way right?

EVO
    Thanks

Got a little too late for me to post last night, but here are the results:

IT WORKED! I was so relieved. I also did the 5.1.1 jailbreak with redsn0w. Worked flawlessly. Thanks so much guys! REALLY appreciate it!

But, just for kicks and giggles: Why didn't my stitched IPSW with the partial blobs work? I know apple stopped signing iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1, but isn't that why they made it possible for you to stitch a stock IPSW? Because even though apple stopped signing the firmware, it should work either way right?
    it should have worked as long as you put your iphone in PWNED dfu mode via redsn0w, but as mentioned by Orby, it may have to do with the fact that the aptickets for 5.0 is missing even though you have partial blobs

did you verify the blobs via redsn0w to see if APtickets were represent in the 5.0 partial blobs?