+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BB stuck at 4.11.08 after downgrading to 4.3.3 - iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by 6thDAY it should have worked as long as you put your iphone in PWNED dfu mode via redsn0w, but as mentioned by Orby, it may have to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    it should have worked as long as you put your iphone in PWNED dfu mode via redsn0w, but as mentioned by Orby, it may have to do with the fact that the aptickets for 5.0 is missing even though you have partial blobs

did you verify the blobs via redsn0w to see if APtickets were represent in the 5.0 partial blobs?
    I did put the phone into PWNED dfu mode with redsn0w. And to make sure it was in PWNED dfu mode, I used iREB to double check. I'm thinking it was the APtickets then. I did verify the .plist blobs via redsn0w and it shows that I have two full blobs (4.3.3 and 4.3.5) but only a partial blob for 5.0. Why wasn't the APticket included in the 5.0 blob? How the heck did I get a partial blob instead? Is the APticket really required for the partial blob? Lol.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky2 View Post
    I did put the phone into PWNED dfu mode with redsn0w. And to make sure it was in PWNED dfu mode, I used iREB to double check. I'm thinking it was the APtickets then. I did verify the .plist blobs via redsn0w and it shows that I have two full blobs (4.3.3 and 4.3.5) but only a partial blob for 5.0. Why wasn't the APticket included in the 5.0 blob? How the heck did I get a partial blob instead? Is the APticket really required for the partial blob? Lol.
    typically partial blobs do not contain the associated Apticket because they're not full blobs, honestly I dont even see the purpose behind partial blobs since iOS5+ requires APtickets during the restore authentication process

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

typically partial blobs do not contain the associated Apticket because they're not full blobs, honestly I dont even see the purpose behind partial blobs since iOS5+ requires APtickets during the restore authentication process
    Lol! Then why create partial blobs in the first place! Doesn't make any sense considering you would need APtickets during the restore authentication process. Does APtickets only apply to iOS 5.0? They're not required in 4.x firmware are they? Either it creates a full-blob backup or it doesn't. Simple as that. Haha.

EVO
    Thanks

Lol! Then why create partial blobs in the first place! Doesn't make any sense considering you would need APtickets during the restore authentication process. Does APtickets only apply to iOS 5.0? They're not required in 4.x firmware are they? Either it creates a full-blob backup or it doesn't. Simple as that. Haha.
    actually the partial blobs were meant for restoring to iOS below 5.0 before Aptickets were discovered to be a required authentication method during the restore process, but I do understand where you are coming from as some are confused by it..

that is why it is IMPERTATIVE that you run tinyumbrella to save your shsh, which saves full shsh blobs that includes aptickets, before Apple releases a new iOS and you may end up having to restore again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

actually the partial blobs were meant for restoring to iOS below 5.0 before Aptickets were discovered to be a required authentication method during the restore process, but I do understand where you are coming from as some are confused by it..

that is why it is IMPERTATIVE that you run tinyumbrella to save your shsh, which saves full shsh blobs that includes aptickets, before Apple releases a new iOS and you may end up having to restore again
    So, what your saying is that partial blobs can only be used for iOS 4.x. Since iOS 5.0 requires APticket authentication, full-blobs are required because they contain the required APticket validation? Since I only had partial blobs without the APticket, I would have no chance of restoring my stitched IPSW. I would need the full blob with the APticket, right?

Doesn't Cydia automatically save your .shsh during initial setup? Once that's done, can't you just use tinyumbrella to pull down your .shsh from Cydia's servers in case you need to downgrade/restore?

EVO
    Thanks

So, what your saying is that partial blobs can only be used for iOS 4.x. Since iOS 5.0 requires APticket authentication, full-blobs are required because they contain the required APticket validation? Since I only had partial blobs without the APticket, I would have no chance of restoring my stitched IPSW. I would need the full blob with the APticket, right?

Doesn't Cydia automatically save your .shsh during initial setup? Once that's done, can't you just use tinyumbrella to pull down your .shsh from Cydia's servers in case you need to downgrade/restore?
    tinyumbrella only saves the SHSH while Apple is still signing it...for example you cannot use tinyumbrella to save any SHSH except for 5.1.1 since Apple is still signing it

and yes what you said about the partial blobs is the understanding of it..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tinyumbrella only saves the SHSH while Apple is still signing it...for example you cannot use tinyumbrella to save any SHSH except for 5.1.1 since Apple is still signing it

and yes what you said about the partial blobs is the understanding of it..
    Haha great. I'm learning. Thanks bro!

BB stuck at 4.11.08 after downgrading to 4.3.3 - iPhone 4-5.1.1-shsh-blobs-cydia.jpg

On Cydia, this screen shows. Does this mean the .shsh files have been backed up by Cydia? Or is it absolutely imperative that I use tinyumbrella to save my .shsh files?

EVO
    Thanks

Haha great. I'm learning. Thanks bro!

Attachment 589459

On Cydia, this screen shows. Does this mean the .shsh files have been backed up by Cydia? Or is it absolutely imperative that I use tinyumbrella to save my .shsh files?
    you can use either cydia or tinyumbrella to save your SHSH blobs, so whatever SHSH shows in cydia are the "FULL" blobs that you have, which includes the Aptickets which allows you to restore or downgrade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can use either cydia or tinyumbrella to save your SHSH blobs, so whatever SHSH shows in cydia are the "FULL" blobs that you have, which includes the Aptickets which allows you to restore or downgrade
    Perfect. JUST perfect!

Thanks A TON for taking the time to explain all this to me bro. I honestly appreciate it. If ever I need help in the future, do you mind if I PM you?

EVO
    Thanks

Perfect. JUST perfect!

Thanks A TON for taking the time to explain all this to me bro. I honestly appreciate it. If ever I need help in the future, do you mind if I PM you?
    no problem, you can PM me anytime you like (cant guarantee I'll be on all the time though ) regarding questions about the jailbreak/restore/update process

however if you have issues that you have encountered, I would appreciate if you can post a question here because other people with related issues may benefit from it also and won't have to repost a question twice...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12