+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4S 5.0.1 STUCK on BOOT logo. HEELP

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Here is my problem: When I bought the phone it was jailbroken already but nowhere cydia to be found. So I did followings: 1. Tried to install cydia.deb files via
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4S 5.0.1 STUCK on BOOT logo. HEELP
    Here is my problem: When I bought the phone it was jailbroken already but nowhere cydia to be found. So I did followings:
    1. Tried to install cydia.deb files via ifunbox to root folder.
    2. In one of the threads it suggested that I create another folder on stash or smtn and again copy/paste the cydia.deb file.
    3. Reboot
    4. I cry= stuck on apple logo.

After searching through the net I can't really find the way how to delete bastard_cydia.deb files in DFU/Restore mode.

Previously I had a 3G phone. At that time the recovery/restore procedures were simple (shift +restore with ipsw). But with the new A5 device seems like there are no ways to restore it to even factory ipsw.

I wanna try Emergency SSH access using a pwn'd DFU mode RamDisk method but don't know how get .dmg and the keys. The walkthrough method is not for the noob like me.
    Can any1 help?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by togu View Post
    Here is my problem: When I bought the phone it was jailbroken already but nowhere cydia to be found. So I did followings:
    1. Tried to install cydia.deb files via ifunbox to root folder.
    2. In one of the threads it suggested that I create another folder on stash or smtn and again copy/paste the cydia.deb file.
    3. Reboot
    4. I cry= stuck on apple logo.

After searching through the net I can't really find the way how to delete bastard_cydia.deb files in DFU/Restore mode.

Previously I had a 3G phone. At that time the recovery/restore procedures were simple (shift +restore with ipsw). But with the new A5 device seems like there are no ways to restore it to even factory ipsw.

I wanna try Emergency SSH access using a pwn'd DFU mode RamDisk method but don't know how get .dmg and the keys. The walkthrough method is not for the noob like me.
    Can any1 help?
    something got corrupted during the installation of that deb file

kick it out of the infinite boot look by holding power + home button until phone shuts off, then turn it back on and see if it boots normally.

and what do u mean you cant delete the deb file? If the cydia.deb file installed, it will not be there anymore, otherwise it will be in the same place as were you put it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by togu View Post
    But with the new A5 device seems like there are no ways to restore it to even factory ipsw.
    Yes, you can restore to stock ipsw but it will be 5.1 fw. Just let apple verify your restore and you will have to wait for a new jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    something got corrupted during the installation of that deb file

kick it out of the infinite boot look by holding power + home button until phone shuts off, then turn it back on and see if it boots normally.

and what do u mean you cant delete the deb file? If the cydia.deb file installed, it will not be there anymore, otherwise it will be in the same place as were you put it
    Well I thought if I can get to root access I could delete it manually.
    I rely on r-2 sim for a unlock and with the restore 5.1 it will lock it and no jailbreak as well.
    I've tried going into DFU mode and kick it out, but no luck so far.
    Thanks for the responces. I hope someone knows how to emergency ssh method. I'm quiete lost