Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs greyed out WiFi and Bluetooth problem. Quick fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3gs greyed out WiFi and Bluetooth problem. Quick fix?
    Hi, I've been trying to get my old iPhone 3gs updated and working. After using sn0wbreeze and creating a custom ipsw (my first time doing that) it finally operates, but now my WiFi, and Bluetooth are dim and I cannot use them, along with the other symptoms of this problem. I've googled my *** off and can't find a solution. Any help, even just a point in the general direction would be gretly appreciated. I'm not sure what I did wrong and when I restore on iTunes, it ends with a, "There is a problem with your iPhone" message.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sounds like a jailbreak bug, it happens once in a while. I'm not surprised because you used Sn0wbreeze though...I've always had issues with that tool. But that's just me.

What you want to do is download a new stock firmware from a different source, then create a new custom firmware with Sn0wbreeze. Then do the entire process again. You likely didn't do anything wrong, it just happens sometimes with jailbreaking with any tool (some more likely than others...) so just try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Sounds like a jailbreak bug, it happens once in a while. I'm not surprised because you used Sn0wbreeze though...I've always had issues with that tool. But that's just me.

What you want to do is download a new stock firmware from a different source, then create a new custom firmware with Sn0wbreeze. Then do the entire process again. You likely didn't do anything wrong, it just happens sometimes with jailbreaking with any tool (some more likely than others...) so just try again.
    No luck. Same problem. I must be doing something wrong. I understand it's an issue with the baseband. Which I'm not entirely familiar with.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What's your baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    What's your baseband

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

If your current firmware is higher than 4.1, put iphone into dfu mode and restore to stock 4.1, kick out error 1015 , activate it and see if you are still getting wifi and Bluetooth greyed out.