Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Dual iTunes Accounts after Jailbreaking

  1. #1
    Default Dual iTunes Accounts after Jailbreaking
    Hi,

    I live in the UK, but maintain two iTunes accounts so I can access the stores in both the UK and US. Switching between the two stores has always just been a question of signing out and signing back in again with the second login, and everything just works.

    However... After jail breaking 5.01 untethered, I noticed that when I try and update (legit) UK apps, the store asks for my US password, and then fails either saying the App isn't available in the UK store, or that it cannot be downloaded at this time. I'm guessing these symptoms mean that whilst the App Store knows which of my Apps belong to which account (the correct Apps appear in the update lists), it gets confused at the point of requesting the update file and asks for the first account alphabetically (my US account is 'america@....')

    Anybody else seen this issue, and - more importantly - know of a fix other than removing the jailbreak?

    PeteUK

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUK View Post
    Hi,

    I live in the UK, but maintain two iTunes accounts so I can access the stores in both the UK and US. Switching between the two stores has always just been a question of signing out and signing back in again with the second login, and everything just works.

    However... After jail breaking 5.01 untethered, I noticed that when I try and update (legit) UK apps, the store asks for my US password, and then fails either saying the App isn't available in the UK store, or that it cannot be downloaded at this time. I'm guessing these symptoms mean that whilst the App Store knows which of my Apps belong to which account (the correct Apps appear in the update lists), it gets confused at the point of requesting the update file and asks for the first account alphabetically (my US account is 'america@....')

    Anybody else seen this issue, and - more importantly - know of a fix other than removing the jailbreak?

    PeteUK
    I do exactly the same thing, found the best thing to do is to install "AccountChanger" from cydia (this'll let you select which account to use) & also if you go into settings>General>Restrictions & turn this on...

    In the "allowed content" section change the "require password" to be "Immediately"...

    This'll mean each time you run updates or something, instead of iTunes holding onto the account info for 15mins, you can control which apps get updated by what account.

    Because that message you get is because the account hasn't timed out Strange but true

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Susty For This Useful Post:

    PeteUK (03-24-2012)

  4. #3
    Thanks for that reply, but unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem. All my UK App updates are asking for the US password (then failing), even though I'm logged into the UK store. Curiously it let me buy a UK app, so this problem seems to be limited to App updates.

  5. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    I've just tested it again... When you go into updates, you should have have accounts on the top left, it then let's you select the account.. Then it works (well, does on my iPod I've just tested against for mine)

  6. #5
    I get the accounts button (and it's a very useful utility), but it seems for some reason all the legit app updates in my UK account are asking for the US password. I've reset my iPhone. Not sure what to try next

  7. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUK View Post
    I get the accounts button (and it's a very useful utility), but it seems for some reason all the legit app updates in my UK account are asking for the US password. I've reset my iPhone. Not sure what to try next
    So when you look at apps for example, they're in as opposed to $ but it's still asking for your US account password?

  8. #7
    Yup. That's it. Definitely in the UK store and signed in as my UK account, and they are the UK apps that need updating (things like 4oD, BBC iPlayer, etc), but it asks for the US Password. When I enter the US password (since the only options are to enter or cancel), it then says the app is either not in the US store or no longer available. So it's screwed, somehow.

    If it's not a known bug, my only option would be to delete the apps and re-install. Luckily none are paid ones, but it will mean losing login settings for things like vouchercloud. Ah well... :-(

  9. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    One last thing to try... Go into settings, store & sign out from there & make sure the app store isn't running in the background & then try launching it again?

  10. #9
    No joy with that, I'm afraid. And a hard reset didn't fix it either, so I'm coming to the conclusion that my update files are somehow borked. Whether it's related to jailbreaking, who knows. I'm just hoping that it doesn't effect new updates for paid apps.

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUK View Post
    No joy with that, I'm afraid. And a hard reset didn't fix it either, so I'm coming to the conclusion that my update files are somehow borked. Whether it's related to jailbreaking, who knows. I'm just hoping that it doesn't effect new updates for paid apps.
    I'm inclined to agree with you on this Don't think it'd be the jailbreak... I've just tried on another device just to double check for ya & I used a different method to jailbreak that & that seems ok as well.. Sorry I can't help any further

    For what it's worth, you should find it won't affect updates for paid or free apps from the app store as they register against your account so if the worst comes to the worst, you could always hook it up to iTunes & manually update that way off the separate accounts... Not ideal I know

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •