+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To use an AT&T iPhone 4S, on T-Mobile instead?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Just a quickie (dumb) question from someone who has learned a little about 3GS's but remains ignorant on 4S's. If I have an iPhone 4S that runs on AT&T, can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default To use an AT&T iPhone 4S, on T-Mobile instead?
    Just a quickie (dumb) question from someone who has learned a little about 3GS's but remains ignorant on 4S's.

If I have an iPhone 4S that runs on AT&T, can I use it on T-Mobile instead, simply by putting in a GEVEY SIM chip? Or is more programming/jailbreaking needed first?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If the 4S meets the requirements listed for a Gevey Ultra S SIM. Here is what I see on the website:

Works on iOS 5.0, 5.0.1
    Works on Baseband 1.0.11, 1.013, 1.0.14

So if the 4S you are looking to use has the above, then yes you could purchase the Gevey Ultra S SIM to use with a T-Mobile micro SIM and be good to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you, Annie! Time for me to learn about iPhone 4S's too.

Actually I just had a look on eBay, and noticed a (possibly brand new?) GEVEY "Rebel" SIM card they say is for iOS 5.1 and baseband 2.0.10 on the iPhone 4S.

Ebay # 290687341279 Comes from China.

Anybody had any experience with this one?

Thanks

If it isn't on Gevey-3G.com then it is t a real Gevey so I would question its reliability. I don't know anything besides R-SIM and Gevey at the moment.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I would only stick with Sims approved by Gevey-3g.com. There are a lot of fake and impostor things coming out of China these days.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This may be what you are referring to but it is still too fairly new to determine if it is legit or not.

R-SIM III Unlock ATT iPhone 4S On IOS 5.1 [Video]

Thanks

Yeah the legitimacy of that one still has yet to be verified here on MMi for some reason. I always see people with Gevey which we know for sure works. But I have heard of that R-SIM, not quite sure.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yeah the legitimacy of that one still has yet to be verified here on MMi for some reason. I always see people with Gevey which we know for sure works. But I have heard of that R-SIM, not quite sure.
    Well supposedly the first generation R-Sim was way too complicated to use and so they had to revision it to a 2nd gen. which basically works just like any other turbo sim on 4S with 5.0-5.0.1.

Now that 5.1 is released it's kinda hard to believe that it has been unlocked so quickly. I spoke with a guy here in town who supposedly has a contract with R-Sim and he assures me that 5.1 can be unlocked but his shipment of sims won't be in until next week. So I told him if he can demonstrate for me that 5.1 can be unlocked then I will gladly pay him for it.

I'll keep y'all posted on the results

LinkBacks (?)