+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iOS 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 , Possible?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Using your 5.0.1 shsh blob, run ifaith and stitch it to stock 5.0.1 ipsw. Put iphone into pwned dfu mode . run iTunes and restore to ifaith stitched CFW of
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Using your 5.0.1 shsh blob, run ifaith and stitch it to stock 5.0.1 ipsw.
    Put iphone into pwned dfu mode .
    run iTunes and restore to ifaith stitched CFW of 5.0.1.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

bpdunsta (03-24-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, I finally wised up and read one of the replies from before I added to this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    It's important to note that you must create a NO_BB firmware to stitch to first. Per the Jailbreakqa...

Frequently Asked Questions - JailbreakQA
    After following those steps, I have successfully restored with 5.0.1!

Thanks

Glad you finnally got it working
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Glad you finnally got it working
    How do u stitch the new firmware?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brnskldy View Post
    How do u stitch the new firmware?
    You mean stich shsh blobs to a clean firmware?

You can do that with redsn0w. What are you trying to do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I'm screwed with my situation and will have to restore and lose my jailbreak on my 4S.

I installed TruPrint from Cydia which had a free trial. After the install I had to hit the Return to Cydia button and then got the spininng circle in the middle of the screen and then it froze.

Nothing showed on the screen except the frozen circle. iTunes still recognized the device so I decided to use iSpirit and deleted the TruPrint. I deleted it and my iPhone 4S (on 5.0.1). re-booted and was working again, or so I thought.

When opening the App Store app or any app that has to load or access the internet (twirling circle in the status bar), other than the stock apps (messages, phone work) only see the word "loading" or the spinning circle in the status bar. Nothing loads and this happens with both 3G and WiFi. I tried most of the apps like Weatherly, SplashID, MLB, Sportacular Pro, iCabMobile, and Cydia. The mail app loads and then freezes and will not update. None will load. I also have Music Controls Pro installed and when I access the music app it shows a pop-up box that MCP is checking for compatibility and a song plays but the app locks up. This happened on another app as well.

I have re-booted, shut down and even restored to several backups that were two months old. No change. Right now the status bar shows the spinning circle trying to load and like the friggin' Energizer Bunny...it just keeps going.

Any suggestions before I restore and wait for a 5.1 jailbreak? Right now the phone is basically just a phone with text messaging and a camera

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Can you get into safe mode? If so, try removing the cydia tweaka you think that are causing the problem.

Thanks

Can you get into safe mode? If so, try removing the cydia tweaka you think that are causing the problem.
    My phone has not gone into safe mode. After installing TruPrint, my screen went black with a frozen spinning circle. I ssh'd using iSpirit and deleted TruPrint. After re-boot my phone seemed to be back to normal with the big exception of no apps loading outside of some of the stock apps. iFile won't even run and using iSpirit I haven't been able to locate any leftover files of TruPrint which I know is/was the problem since that was the last app I installed when the problem started.

Thanks

The only option would be restore afaik.

Thanks

I waited for the untethered jailbreak on the 4S so I can wait again for the jailbreak for v5.1. Here goes...
    Last edited by mgmm1; 04-15-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks

Dont you mean 5.1? Btw, thats the spirir hehe

Thanks

Dont you mean 5.1? Btw, thats the spirir hehe
    Correct. That's how much I don't want to lose my jailbreak, I can't even type.

But, better a useful, non-jailbroken iPhone than a useless jailbroken one.

Thanks

Agree

Thanks

Restored and updated to 5.1 and already going through jailbreak withdrawals and having the Jailbreak Blues.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Sorry bud hopefully soon

Thanks

Question TRUPRINT messed up my iPhone's internet connection - HELP please
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I think I'm screwed with my situation and will have to restore and lose my jailbreak on my 4S.

I installed TruPrint from Cydia which had a free trial. After the install I had to hit the Return to Cydia button and then got the spininng circle in the middle of the screen and then it froze.

Nothing showed on the screen except the frozen circle. iTunes still recognized the device so I decided to use iSpirit and deleted the TruPrint. I deleted it and my iPhone 4S (on 5.0.1). re-booted and was working again, or so I thought.

When opening the App Store app or any app that has to load or access the internet (twirling circle in the status bar), other than the stock apps (messages, phone work) only see the word "loading" or the spinning circle in the status bar. Nothing loads and this happens with both 3G and WiFi. I tried most of the apps like Weatherly, SplashID, MLB, Sportacular Pro, iCabMobile, and Cydia. The mail app loads and then freezes and will not update. None will load. I also have Music Controls Pro installed and when I access the music app it shows a pop-up box that MCP is checking for compatibility and a song plays but the app locks up. This happened on another app as well.

I have re-booted, shut down and even restored to several backups that were two months old. No change. Right now the status bar shows the spinning circle trying to load and like the friggin' Energizer Bunny...it just keeps going.

Any suggestions before I restore and wait for a 5.1 jailbreak? Right now the phone is basically just a phone with text messaging and a camera

Thanks in advance.
    I just downloaded and paid $10 for Truprint today. I too also lost all internet access (2G/tmobile or Wifi). Knowing that this app was the problem, I tried uninstalling it via Cydia. Unfortunately internet still can't connect. There must be something in a config or a file that got updated when I installed this app that wasnt reverted during uninstall. I can still use the phone to call and text. The wifi bars still show, but like what I said internet is not working.
    I already contacted intelliborn support, but they said to reinstall the app. I cant reinstall the app now as I have no way to connect to the web.

Appreciate if someone can help me with this without restoring my phone. I spent whole day looking for answers and can't find one. I was in the verge of doing the restore, but I got a build error when I was cooking the ipsw with bb update. I guess 5.1 jb will update the bb and I dont want to lose my unlock.

I have ifunbox - I can probably clean-up the mess using this tool if somebody would be able to guide me to the directories and isolate the piece of code. THANKS!!!!

Thanks

I solved my problem. Since iTunes is not signing the 5.0.1 anymore, you can still restore using iFaith. Save your blobs using this, this preserves the baseband. Restore using iTunes and pickup the iFaith ipsw that you created. This will restore you iPhone in preJB image. Run the appropriate redsnow version to jb you phone.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12