Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5Jailbreak Help

Default iOS 5Jailbreak Help
    Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to jail breaking. I currently have an AT&T iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak. My first question is what is the most recent Untethered Jailbreak for the iPhone 4. Is ios 5 released yet? How do i go about upgrading my jailbreak and how do i do it to avoid losing all my Cydia sources and packages. Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You're going to lose your Cydia sources and packages whenever you restore or upgrade. You should back them up. I hear pkgbackup is a nice tool to use. I've never used it as I always like to reinstall everything manually. I like to start from a clean slate. But that's just me. Always write down your packages and sources though in case backup tools fail, which they do happen sometimes. Aptbackup is a free alternative of pkgbackup but it's not as reliable. It has worked for me before but I don't even know if it's iOS 5 compatible since it failed on me once before I never tried it again.

If you're on AT&T, all you do is hit upgrade in iTunes and jailbreak it with the latest version of redsn0w.

So what is the latest version? 5.0 or 5.0.1? Can you provide me with a link? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Download redsn0w:
    Dev-Team Blog - Untethered holidays

Tutorial:
    How to Get the iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Using RedSn0w

Edit: do not download redsn0w from the tutorial, it's an outdated version. Get it from the first link I gave you.