+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help iphone 3gs updated to 5.0.1 yellow screen

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi updated from 4.3.2 to 5.0.1 worked for about 2 hours and had to boot anytime to turn on then got the yellow screen and itune error 1600. i get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help iphone 3gs updated to 5.0.1 yellow screen
    hi
    updated from 4.3.2 to 5.0.1 worked for about 2 hours and had to boot anytime to turn on then got the yellow screen and itune error 1600. i get the yellow screen when i try and boot with redsn0w. i now cant even get it to the yellow screen now i try and boot and it says usb communication problem or unexpected error. i was using a ipad baseband and custom ipsw anyone help

cheers
    adam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

right i can get it to boot to the yellow screen witch then fades to yellow lines then to blue screen with 2 or 3 yellow lines in it then it will turn off after about 5 mins
    any help please doing my head in

Thanks
    Hi,

I looked over a few threads, and it seems that problem is because your battery is low/empty.

Your USB/power cable may be damaged (that's why you are getting the USB communication error), so you would need to buy a new cable and recharge your phone for at least 15-20 minutes. After that, try doing Power+Home to get it started.

Hope it works!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have charged it and changed the lead and still getting the yellow screen. ive tryed restoring it with the custom 5.0.1 with itunes and come up with error 1600 i would really like to downgrade back to 4.3.2 but itunes wont let me. o yer when my phone switches off after the yellow screen it thinks its in dfu mode

Thanks
    In order to fix iTunes error 1600 and be able to use the custom firmware, you'll need to put your iPhone into "pwned DFU mode".

If you are using Windows, download the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b4 version (from the official iphone dev team blog) and in the "extras" option you'll find the button to put your iPhone into this mode. After that, you can easily flash it again with your cfw.

On the other hand, if I remember correctly, Mac users can download PwnageTool in order to do the same thing, or perhaps there's a redsn0w for Macs... (never had OS X personally ).

P.S. I'm not sure, but you may try using TinyUmbrella or something similar to exit your iPhone from a recovery loop if it's stuck in it. Might help if you are having problems entering the pwned dfu mode.
    Last edited by SeW800; 01-26-2012 at 01:49 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats what ive been doing thats how i got it on there first. i have a mac and using redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b4. ive used tinyumrlla and fix recovery and get this then it dus not reboot

01/26/2012 19:57:39.832 Loaded History... 01/26/2012 19:57:52.052 Caching shsh files... 01/26/2012 19:57:52.056 Found [0] shsh files to cache... 01/26/2012 19:57:52.058 Cached [0] shsh files 01/26/2012 19:57:52.061 You are using the current version of TinyUmbrella. 01/26/2012 19:58:17.672 DFU Device connected 01/26/2012 19:58:25.612 Attempting to fix recovery... 01/26/2012 19:59:54.156 Starting fix recovery sequence... 01/26/2012 19:59:54.162 DFU Device disconnected 01/26/2012 19:59:54.167 DFU Device connected 01/26/2012 19:59:54.190 Fix Recovery has finished. Allow device to reboot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Having the exact same problem.

3GS, old baseband. Updated using custom fw with redsn0w to 5.0.1. The phone was running fine. Then all of a sudden it's got this odd looking yellow screen.

No matter what I do, it always comes back to this screen. So if use redsnow to jailbreak, it shows the yellow screen. I get errors through iTunes if i try to restore stock or custom firmwares. If I try to use "just boot" it goes through all the steps but the screen ends up with the yellow lines again.

Everyone seems to be talking about the yellow screen that happened with ios 4 but this is different as it's yellow lines and they don't go away with leaving it to charge.

Anyone have a solution for this? I've searched all over the web and there don't seem to be people who've dealt with this error aside from mrajc above.

Also attaching a picture of what it looks like in case anyone knows:

http://i.imgur.com/iXOxJ.jpg

The pattern of the lines changes sometimes as well. After about 5-10 minutes the screen just turns off and the phone sits in DFU mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manny2255 View Post
    Having the exact same problem.

3GS, old baseband. Updated using custom fw with redsn0w to 5.0.1. The phone was running fine. Then all of a sudden it's got this odd looking yellow screen.

No matter what I do, it always comes back to this screen. So if use redsnow to jailbreak, it shows the yellow screen. I get errors through iTunes if i try to restore stock or custom firmwares. If I try to use "just boot" it goes through all the steps but the screen ends up with the yellow lines again.

Everyone seems to be talking about the yellow screen that happened with ios 4 but this is different as it's yellow lines and they don't go away with leaving it to charge.

Anyone have a solution for this? I've searched all over the web and there don't seem to be people who've dealt with this error aside from mrajc above.

Also attaching a picture of what it looks like in case anyone knows:

http://i.imgur.com/iXOxJ.jpg

The pattern of the lines changes sometimes as well. After about 5-10 minutes the screen just turns off and the phone sits in DFU mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Hi I got it working but not right still keeps cutting out but no yellow screen. I left it for about 5 day maybe even 2 weeks. Then jailbreak it again and it worked I would try using the latest redsn0w with 5.0.1 unless you have updated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrajc View Post
    Hi I got it working but not right still keeps cutting out but no yellow screen. I left it for about 5 day maybe even 2 weeks. Then jailbreak it again and it worked I would try using the latest redsn0w with 5.0.1 unless you have updated.
    Thanks! I'll try it out and report back. Did you leave it on charge for all that time or wait for the battery to drain?