+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: DFU Mode No Buttons

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys I have an iphone 4, running 5.0.1.. The power button doesn't work, it won't push down, its just super stiff won't budge at all. I want to jailbreak
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default DFU Mode No Buttons
    Hey guys I have an iphone 4, running 5.0.1.. The power button doesn't work, it won't push down, its just super stiff won't budge at all. I want to jailbreak my iphone, but I need to get into DFU mode, how can I get into DFU mode via Windows or Mac, I know there use to be programs like Tiny Umbrella, which I tried on my Mac and it didn't enter it into DFU mode. I tried another program as well, which made my phone go into recovery mode with the itunes logo, but it wasn't enough to jailbreak.

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    1)Download any ipsw.
    2)Open the IPSW as a zip folder and browse to /firmware/all_Flash/all_flash.xxxxx.production/

    3)Delete LLB.*****.RELEASE.img3.
    4)Copy applelogo.********.img3 to temporary directory.
    5)Rename the copy of applelogo.********.img3 to LLB.*****.RELEASE.img3. (If you forget the name of the LLB file, you can find it again in the file named manifest.)
    Copy the renamed applelogo file back to the all_flash.xxxxx.production directory.

    6)Rename the zip.
    7)Restore the file using iTunes. (If every thing goes well, you should receive an error 31 from iTunes.)


    Use a custom firmware to restore.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

    Bean035 (06-18-2012)

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Okay so I can use 5.0.1 firmware to do this? Also is this going to put my phone into dfu mode? I need to go into dfu mode to jailbreak, so I do that method then use redsn0w? Thanks for the reply

  5. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    Any ipsw should work .
    Follow what I said to Put it in dfu.
    Use teh latest sn0wbreeze to mAke cfw.
    Put phone in pwned dfu.
    Restore using that cfw.

    Just follow this without thinking. Forget redsn0w.

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Any ipsw should work .
    Follow what I said to Put it in dfu.
    Use teh latest sn0wbreeze to mAke cfw.
    Put phone in pwned dfu.
    Restore using that cfw.

    Just follow this without thinking. Forget redsn0w.
    Okay hold on a sec tiger, so i use what you said to go into dfu.. How do I use sn0wbreeze to make cfw?
    then how do i put phone into pwned dfu? By restoring CFW, do you mean with itunes? Sorry this is a completely different process that I haven't done before.

  7. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    Uhhh.. Heard of YouTube?
    Sn0wbreeze is pretty self explanatory. There is not much to explain :-)
    Pwned dfu u can use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze . Follow on screen.

    By restoring cfw I mean custom firmware. Sn0wbreeze will give u another ipsw which is already jbed. Use it to restore from iTunes . Understood?!? :-)

  8. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blasteryui View Post
    Okay hold on a sec tiger, so i use what you said to go into dfu.. How do I use sn0wbreeze to make cfw?
    then how do i put phone into pwned dfu? By restoring CFW, do you mean with itunes? Sorry this is a completely different process that I haven't done before.

    Hi there. The process of making a custom ipsw is pretty easy.

    For instance you could also use Redsn0w (aside from Snowbreeze).

    For Redsn0w 0.9.10b4 you go to extras - create custom ipsw - select the 5.0.1 ipsw that you downloaded and the program will make it into a custom ipsw with the name of NO_BB5.0.1 etc etc.

    I do not use snowbreeze but it is a similarly easy process.

    And once you have the custom ipsw, you open itunes and hook up your phone to it, then you hold down the SHIFT button on your keyboard (for windows, or ALT button for MAC), and click on RESTORE button in itunes, and a window will open, and you select the NO_BB ipsw file that was created, and click OPEN.

    And the restore process with the custom ipsw will start.

  9. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    ^ needs pwned dfu.

  10. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    From Orlando to Piraeus, Greece
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Edit: yes and can also put it in pwned dfu from redsn0w-extras or from snowbreeze (whichever of the two you use).

  11. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    Edit: yes and can also put it in pwned dfu from redsn0w-extras or from snowbreeze (whichever of the two you use).
    Okay wait so do I do what xtacy said in the first post with all that deleting and remaing or do I just redsn0w create cfw, then use it to go into pwnded dfu? Then useee itunes to restore? Ugh great I knew it.. so I clicked pwned dfu.. and like I said in the first post and as the topic :P I don't have a "power" button... the whole point of this thread was to get into dfu mode so I can jailbreak it -.-.

    Thanks anyways guys.. anybody know how to do that though^
    Last edited by blasteryui; 01-25-2012 at 08:26 PM.

  12. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    Follow what I said. It will circumvent the need of power button .

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Follow what I said. It will circumvent the need of power button .
    I tried to figure it out but how do I open the file and get to where your saying I can't extract or open it. When I do all of that theres the one part you said I have to rename it, rename it to what? I thought itunes only recognized ispw's not .zips, do I rename the extension to .ispw you mean?

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    First rename it to zip
    Edit the files inside
    Rename it back to ipsw.

    First do this :
    Make a cfw using Latest sn0wbreeze.
    Keep that cfw away



    Now do what I said in previous posts to get to dfu.
    Then once u r in dfu use redsn0w to enter pwned dfu.
    Now open iTunes and shift restore using the cfw u made.

  15. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    First rename it to zip
    Edit the files inside
    Rename it back to ipsw.

    First do this :
    Make a cfw using Latest sn0wbreeze.
    Keep that cfw away



    Now do what I said in previous posts to get to dfu.
    Then once u r in dfu use redsn0w to enter pwned dfu.
    Now open iTunes and shift restore using the cfw u made.
    Ah this isn't as easy as I expected at all. Okay I renamed the file to a .zip. I couldn't just open it and look at the files, so I had to extract it into a folder, then I did all the editing like you said, I then made the folder back into a .zip and then changed the extension to a ipsw. But itunes is saying the file isn't compatible, it tries to extract and then it says that..
    Last edited by blasteryui; 01-26-2012 at 04:20 PM.

  16. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    What firmware file u using?
    And is it for ur phone?

  17. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    What firmware file u using?
    And is it for ur phone?
    I'm running 5.0.1 and using 5.0.1

  18. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    Is it for your phone ?!?
    It should be the firmware file for iphOne 4
    Last edited by xtacy; 01-26-2012 at 10:38 PM.

  19. #18
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts

    If you happy to hex edit (if you used to do this for games )

    Make a copy of a fresh IPSW file.

    Open the IPSW as a zip folder and browse to /firmware/all_Flash/all_flash.xxxxx.production/

    Extract LLB.*****.RELEASE.img3 and open it in a hex editor.

    Change some random bit or bits, it doesn't matter which or what you write.

    Add the edited file back to the zip, rename zip to ipsw and restore it to your device using iTunes.

    The restore will error out and your device will be in DFU Mode.

    Also, in case your NOT a windows user & so therefore cannot use sn0wbreeze, you can also use Pwnagetool on a mac as sn0wbreeze is just a ported version of that

    YouTube won't tell you all that though lol

    So really, what you should have is three ipsw's,
    1- Your "virgin" ipsw (downloaded & untouched)
    2- a copy of the virgin ipsw (modified so you can dfu without the use of a power button).



    3-

    Sorry lol, 3- your CFW (Custom FirmWare) that you'll have created using redsn0w/sn0wbreeze/Pwnagetool.

    You'll use number 1 to create numbers 2 & 3, number 2 JUST to make the phone enter DFU, & number 3 to jailbreak. If you do have issues, let me know & I'll look about number 2 for you.
    Last edited by Susty; 01-26-2012 at 10:55 PM.

  20. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    If you happy to hex edit (if you used to do this for games )

    Make a copy of a fresh IPSW file.

    Open the IPSW as a zip folder and browse to /firmware/all_Flash/all_flash.xxxxx.production/

    Extract LLB.*****.RELEASE.img3 and open it in a hex editor.

    Change some random bit or bits, it doesn't matter which or what you write.

    Add the edited file back to the zip, rename zip to ipsw and restore it to your device using iTunes.

    The restore will error out and your device will be in DFU Mode.

    Also, in case your NOT a windows user & so therefore cannot use sn0wbreeze, you can also use Pwnagetool on a mac as sn0wbreeze is just a ported version of that

    YouTube won't tell you all that though lol

    So really, what you should have is three ipsw's,
    1- Your "virgin" ipsw (downloaded & untouched)
    2- a copy of the virgin ipsw (modified so you can dfu without the use of a power button).



    3-

    Sorry lol, 3- your CFW (Custom FirmWare) that you'll have created using redsn0w/sn0wbreeze/Pwnagetool.

    You'll use number 1 to create numbers 2 & 3, number 2 JUST to make the phone enter DFU, & number 3 to jailbreak. If you do have issues, let me know & I'll look about number 2 for you.
    Hm is there not a uploaded modified ipsw for dfu without power button. Can I use firmware 5.0.1 because I do like imessage. And sorry I'm not familiar with hex editor.

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Is it for your phone ?!?
    It should be the firmware file for iphOne 4
    yes it's for my phone and it's 5.0.1, any chance you could send me an edited version.. it's so difficult to do on a mac -.-
    Last edited by blasteryui; 01-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.

  21. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    I would have sent it to u but I don't have a computer with me. I get to use one once every 15 days and I won't be home before 10th of next month. pm iYeow he will help u..

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 06-22-2014, 12:25 PM
  2. 06-09-2013, 10:49 AM
  3. 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts