+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Absynthe Iphone 4s jailbreak problems...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Okay... sooooooo I jailbroke the iphone 4s using the absynthe jailbreak. problem... All my information is gone and I was never asked to restore my phone from iclouds. I backed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Absynthe Iphone 4s jailbreak problems...
    Okay... sooooooo I jailbroke the iphone 4s using the absynthe jailbreak. problem... All my information is gone and I was never asked to restore my phone from iclouds. I backed it up RIGHT before the jailbreak so a current backup is available on icloud. problem is I cannot get back to the initial setup screen. I tried restoring the iphone, but i am guessing due to the jailbreak my phone cannot erase everything, and itunes says that there is an error if I try to reset it there..

Any help will be much appreciated~! Thank you!! I mean if there is a way to undo the jailbreak that would work too, so I can retry the jailbreak and see if I can find the option to restore from icloud. but right now it seems this jailbreak is so new there is only an install guide.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Put phone in dfu mode, restore to 5.01 in iTunes, jailbreak with absinthe, load backup

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    Put phone in dfu mode, restore to 5.01 in iTunes, jailbreak with absinthe, load back
    that doesnt work. itunes refuses to restore it.

Thanks

open up tiny umbrella and click exit out of recovery. then go to advance and make sure set host to cydia is not checked and close it out. Then see what you need to do..
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

are you just pressing 'restore' in itunes or are you directing it to a specific ipsw?

if you are pointing it to a ipsw you have downloaded, it is probably corrupt or something, just hit restore and let itunes do its thing

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post
    Okay... sooooooo I jailbroke the iphone 4s using the absynthe jailbreak. problem... All my information is gone and I was never asked to restore my phone from iclouds. I backed it up RIGHT before the jailbreak so a current backup is available on icloud. problem is I cannot get back to the initial setup screen. I tried restoring the iphone, but i am guessing due to the jailbreak my phone cannot erase everything, and itunes says that there is an error if I try to reset it there..

Any help will be much appreciated~! Thank you!! I mean if there is a way to undo the jailbreak that would work too, so I can retry the jailbreak and see if I can find the option to restore from icloud. but right now it seems this jailbreak is so new there is only an install guide.

Hi. What error number is your itunes giving you when trying to restore the phone? If it is error 3194 it is hosts file related, which means you would have to edit your hosts file to remove the gs.apple.com line from it.

If you are getting a 16xx number, that usually is USB port related.

Make sure you have the latest itunes version (10.5.3) , also reboot your machine, and try again.

Best thing (like the people here say) would be to download ios 5.0.1 ipsw and then put the phone in DFU mode and holding down shift button on your keyboard click on RESTORE in itunes, and then select the ipsw you downloaded and the restore should be ok.