+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music Broken on 4s After JailBreak

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by Syl66 This happened to me too but only to some songs not all, and I don't use iTunes match. I fixed it by clicking on my phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
    This happened to me too but only to some songs not all, and I don't use iTunes match. I fixed it by clicking on my phone in the left menu of iTunes then selecting the Music menu at the top and unselecting Sync Music. It then wiped all the music off my phone. Then I reselected Sync Music and Synced the phone and it loaded all my music back on and everything works again. Hopefully it stays this way.
    this worked perfectly! thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    YW, glad it helped someone else out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

spoke too soon. went back to happening tonight. i'm hoping i don't have to re-jailbreak, but we'll see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem with my 4S, the day after jailbreak I noticed certain songs would not play. It seemed to only affect purchased music from iTunes. I tried to sync with iTunes but that did not fix the issue, I did a full restore and re-synced everything back onto my phone and everything is fixed. I miss having the jailbreak on my phone but do not want to go through all this again. Hopefully there will be a more clear fix for this very common issue soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mi6the007 View Post
    Untethered FIX:
    ayeayre is right the this is a symptom of music not being found when the app tries to play it.
    If you have itunes match and some time you can fix this issue without having to restore or re-sync. Just turn on itunes match Settings>Music
    then set Show All Music to off. This will display only what has been downloaded to your phone. Then go into your Music app, sort by Artist and start swiping to delete. Repeat this for Albums/Songs if you have any that don't get out with the other deletions.
    Now, you should have 0 songs...
    go back into Settings>Music
    turn off iTunes Match, then turn it back on. Turn 'Show All Music' on
    go back into Music app; at this point it will start pulling your iTunes available songs. Download a song/album.

Enjoy!
    This worked for me. Thanks a lot. HUGE help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I did the same thing as Syl66 and got nothing. no music is showing up at all. I keep trying to sync but it seems to skip right over the tracks to add. Any other ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If anyone is still having trouble getting it to pull in your music from iTunes match, try turning on home sharing. For some reason, that seemed to trigger the sync. I don't know if it was just coincidence but it started syncing right after I turned it on.
    Last edited by mikemike017; 03-20-2012 at 02:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    Just wondering of anyone else has seen this? I haven't dove into fixing it just yet because I haven't had time but after I jailbroke my 4s my music library won't play. Just wondering if it effected anyone else like this ? Thanks
    yes i had the same problem easy fix delete all music from device and sync with itunes on computer fixed my issue should fix yours to

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sugabud View Post
    yes i had the same problem easy fix delete all music from device and sync with itunes on computer fixed my issue should fix yours to
    Did this work for 5.1.1? ALL my devices jailbroken with Absinthe are having this issue. My old 3GS is working fine though but I jailbroke that using sn0wbreeze.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12