Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternate DFU mode methods and jailbreaking with no lock button.

Post Alternate DFU mode methods and jailbreaking with no lock button.
    Here is my story. I restored to iOS 5.0.1 and therefore have stock firmeware. I wanted to get back to be jailbroken, but thing is that my lock/sleep button does not work, so I have searched, surfed and done everything in the internet to find a diffferent effective method to the normal one (10 seconds pressing....then..) so that I can finally jailbreak again my iDevice, but this time untethered using redsn0w 0.9.10b3.

After many hours searching, I came up with two main methods that appeared more or less frequently.
    The one that most appeared was the one that you had to create the directory C: \DFU and put inside three files, then go to start > run and type c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu and the iphone should go to dfu mode. Using this method, I have only achieved that after running that command, iTunes opens but nothing more happens if typed like this c:/dfu/iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu, or a cmd window saying s_Looking for iPhone USBMuxListenerCreate: no error. Has anybody got this method to work? In this page it is explained what I did: Enter DFU mode without using iPhone power or home buttons | Nabtron

The second method is to unzip an .ipsw get inside it reaching, using as an example iOS 5.0.1: iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw\Firmware\all_fl ash\all_flash.n88ap.production\ and here duplicate the file applelogo... delete the file LLB... but copying its name and renaming one of the copies of the applelogo withs the LLB name so that when you restore to this firmware, after restoring you enter in a dfu mode loop caused by this change. I effectively did this and when it was in the dfu mode loop I jailbroke my iPhone with redsn0w, but when finished went back to the dfu mode loop. So the question is, can I jailbreak it untethered although my lock button does not work? If i get method one to work then the answer is yes, but with this other method? I followed this tutorial to do it: How to Enter DFU Mode Without Home or Power Button [Tutorial] | iPhoneBlogr.com

If none of this works, I have also tried to restore from this dfu mode loop using sn0wbreeze with iOS 5.0.1 and I did it from this dfu mode in iTunes, not from a pwned dfu mode. I dont know if that is the reason, but after the snow and the loading bar screen finished, the apple with the loading bar appeared and the bar got nearly till the end but got stuck there until now. As I cannot use the lock button to reset the iPhone, and iTunes does not let me an option to restore it because it says that I have to activate its SIM card with the code, but cant do that due to the fact that the iPhone is stuck in the apple loading bar screen, what can I do to restore the iPhone or get it out of this last screen? Is it compulsory to put ir in pwned dfu mode to install the custom .ipsw? (I did it only normal dfu mode..)

In conclusion, I need help with:
    exiting the apple loading bar screen, and then try to jailbreak it untethered puting it somehow in dfu mode.

Thank you.

Come on, at least for the last problem someone must have a solution! Please, my iPhone has been now stuck for a day with the apple logo and the loading bar.

Also, for the people that say that in order to kick your device into DFU mode you can only do it by using lock and home buttons, I can assure that they are wrong, as the second method proposed works perfectly.

How did you get the second method to work? I am having the same problem, however, when I try to use the altered .ipsw it says the .ipsw is invalid. how did you do this part?

as for your problem, when you jailbroke your phone did you use the altered .ipsw or the original?

i tried the second method it just got stuck on the apple loading logo then i had to wait for my ipod touch 4g to die so i could restore it because the computer was not detecting it

I wrote the tutorial for the 2nd method. The problem is that you are attempting to jailbreak a corrupt firmware. The method is intended to force your device into DFU mode so that you can enter Pwned-DFU mode and restore a custom firmware.

I've edited it to make this more clear

Quote Originally Posted by Azenthrall View Post
    when I try to use the altered .ipsw it says the .ipsw is invalid. how did you do this part?
    This most likely means that when you rezipped the files, you used the wrong file structure. Make sure you are selecting all of the individual files/folders in the extracted folder when you zip them and not zip the entire folder.
    Last edited by Jmills87; 05-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Thumbs up iPhone 5 jailbreak
    yepeeee i Found that iphone 5 jailbreak is possible as a developer confirmed that he jailbroken his iphone 5 i found that on iphone-5jailbreak.org

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isacrack View Post
    Here is my story. I restored to iOS 5.0.1 and therefore have stock firmeware. I wanted to get back to be jailbroken, but thing is that my lock/sleep button does not work, so I have searched, surfed and done everything in the internet to find a diffferent effective method to the normal one (10 seconds pressing....then..) so that I can finally jailbreak again my iDevice, but this time untethered using redsn0w 0.9.10b3.

After many hours searching, I came up with two main methods that appeared more or less frequently.
    The one that most appeared was the one that you had to create the directory C: \DFU and put inside three files, then go to start > run and type c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu and the iphone should go to dfu mode. Using this method, I have only achieved that after running that command, iTunes opens but nothing more happens if typed like this c:/dfu/iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu, or a cmd window saying s_Looking for iPhone USBMuxListenerCreate: no error. Has anybody got this method to work? In this page it is explained what I did: Enter DFU mode without using iPhone power or home buttons | Nabtron

The second method is to unzip an .ipsw get inside it reaching, using as an example iOS 5.0.1: iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw\Firmware\all_fl ash\all_flash.n88ap.production\ and here duplicate the file applelogo... delete the file LLB... but copying its name and renaming one of the copies of the applelogo withs the LLB name so that when you restore to this firmware, after restoring you enter in a dfu mode loop caused by this change. I effectively did this and when it was in the dfu mode loop I jailbroke my iPhone with redsn0w, but when finished went back to the dfu mode loop. So the question is, can I jailbreak it untethered although my lock button does not work? If i get method one to work then the answer is yes, but with this other method? I followed this tutorial to do it: How to Enter DFU Mode Without Home or Power Button [Tutorial] | iPhoneBlogr.com

If none of this works, I have also tried to restore from this dfu mode loop using sn0wbreeze with iOS 5.0.1 and I did it from this dfu mode in iTunes, not from a pwned dfu mode. I dont know if that is the reason, but after the snow and the loading bar screen finished, the apple with the loading bar appeared and the bar got nearly till the end but got stuck there until now. As I cannot use the lock button to reset the iPhone, and iTunes does not let me an option to restore it because it says that I have to activate its SIM card with the code, but cant do that due to the fact that the iPhone is stuck in the apple loading bar screen, what can I do to restore the iPhone or get it out of this last screen? Is it compulsory to put ir in pwned dfu mode to install the custom .ipsw? (I did it only normal dfu mode..)

In conclusion, I need help with:
    exiting the apple loading bar screen, and then try to jailbreak it untethered puting it somehow in dfu mode.

Thank you.

Hey isacrack, did you manage to fix your problem? I am currently in the very same predicament and am just failing to believe that the only resort for me is to replace the home button. Any suggestions? Please, I would greatly appreciate the feedback.