Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 crashes repeatedly STUCK IN SAFE MODE

Default Iphone 4 crashes repeatedly STUCK IN SAFE MODE
    Hi all,

I recently updated my JB Iphone 4 from 4.2.3 to 5.0.1. I used aptbackup to backup my jailbbreak settings. I managed to jb ios5.0.1 successful on the latest untethered jailbreak. The problem started after I restored my original jb packages from aptbackup. While aptbackup managed to restore my previous packages, it caused my phone to be stuck in permanent safemode. The cydia guide recommended me to install crash reporter, which I did.
    This is what it says in crash reporter:

The file "/usr/lib/dyld" of the your product "dyld" has possibly caused a crash. Please find the relevant info in the following URLs : **

Could someone PLEASE provide me with a solution? Or do I have to do a restore and jailbreak my phone all over again??

Many thanks

Thanks

You need to remove the tweak thats causing the problem. Maybe its not compatible with iOS 5.

Not sure what crash reporter means by that.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Is it definitely a "tweak"? Or can it be any other package? If the problem's a tweak, I suppose I could try deleting them one by one..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

My guess is it has something to do with aptbackup or a tweak it's installing that isn't iOS5 compatible. I could be wrong, but it sounds like compatibility issues. I'd restore, re-jailbreak and download your Cydia apps and tweaks one by one only if they're iOS5 supported.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Never restore from aptbackup or similar programs when u change ur os. It's always recommended to restore as new and I would suggest you the same.