+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Don't know if this is the correct area for this but I need help. I have an Iphone 3gs which was jailbroke with 4.3.5 & 5.16.00 baseband. I upgraded to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help!!
    Don't know if this is the correct area for this but I need help. I have an Iphone 3gs which was jailbroke with 4.3.5 & 5.16.00 baseband. I upgraded to 5.0.1 in itunes so I think it backed up my phone. I have now jailbroken it again with Redsn0w and now I am at the point its asking set up as new, restore via icloud or restore via itunes. There are pics of my fam that I hoped were backed up when I upgraded. But now Im not sure which of these options to use. If I choose new set up will my data be in Itunes that I can just sync it back or do I restore via Itunes? My concern is restoring via itunes will reset the phone back to non jailbroken... What do I do?

Thnx

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Restoring via iTunes will make your jailbreak removed, but you can easily jailbreak it back again using Redsn0w.
    Make sure you make a backup before attempting to restore
    As for your data and documents, after restoring your iPhone 3GS, select the backup that you created earlier, before you restored. This will put all your data back into your iPhone 3GS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you're already on 5.0.1 and you believe iTunes creates a backup, simply use the restore from backup from iTunes option. Being that you were on 4.3.5, iCloud would not have created a backup for you (as far as I know...someone correct me if I'm wrong). Your backup is indefinitely (if created by iTunes before your upgrade) saved and can be loaded to the device with iTunes. In the future with iOS 5, you may backup your device wirelessly to iCloud and you can restore from iCloud backup. For now, use iTunes.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-02-2012, 06:36 PM