Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iOS 5 setupis a discussion within the
Generalforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
i have just updated my iphone 4 to iOS 5.0.1 and i can't get through the bloody stock setup. it's asking if i want to setup 'Find my iPhone', but...
12-31-2011, 10:57 AM #1iOS 5 setup
i have just updated my iphone 4 to iOS 5.0.1 and i can't get through the bloody stock setup. it's asking if i want to setup 'Find my iPhone', but no matter what option i select and choose Next it just sits there with the radar spinning on a map of the world..?
How do i get past this..? anybody else have an issue with this setup.?
also, if i enable iCloud backup will that in anyway conflict with the jailbreak..?
12-31-2011, 06:13 PM #2
Then say No to find my iphone. You may have a faulty gps chip. You can test it out when you are at Homescreen.
01-02-2012, 10:48 PM #3
1. Unplug it out of your computer, and hard reset it (Hold the Power and Home button until the screen goes blank).
2. Update your iTunes to the lastest version. If it is already, re-install iTunes.
3. Reboot (this should be automatic).
4. Open iTunes, and after everything is loaded, connect your iPhone 4 into a USB slot.
5. Wait for your iPhone 4 to display.
6. Click Restore when your iPhone shows up.
01-03-2012, 06:31 AM #4
cheers guys for the replies..
i manged to fix it by doing a hard reset and when the phone came back up again it was working fine.
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM #5