Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I preserve baseband without Jailbreaking? (Iphone4, 4.10.01, 4.3.5)

Default How do I preserve baseband without Jailbreaking? (Iphone4, 4.10.01, 4.3.5)
    I just unlocked my Iphone 4 with a Gevey. I want to sync with my Itunes but I'm afraid that this might update the baseband. Is there a simple program I can use that will preserve the baseband without making me jailbreak it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Syncing doesnot update baseband. Updating does.

And so does restoring through iTunes. Just incase you didn't know already.

Restoring does update baseband?

Just ignore the dialog boxes in itunes indicating that there is a newer version of iphone software (currently IOS 5.0.1). You can update itunes whenever, but dont update your iphone; then you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by cmack06 View Post
    Restoring does update baseband?
    Unfortunately yes, it will force the latest firmware to install to your device. There is a way to update to iOS 5.0.1 WITHOUT changing your baseband, use redsn0w (win & mac) and select custom firmware or pwnage tool for Mac ONLY. they will make a firmware that doesn't contain a baseband upgrade. Then restore to that firmware (press and hold SHIFT(win) or COMMAND(Mac) when clicking restore in iTunes and it will then prompt you to select the custom firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

^ u forgot pwned dfu..

Will this have to be a teathered jailbreak since I'm already on 4.3.5, or when I update to the ios 5.0.1 can it be unteathered?