Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IOS 5.01 Gevey Ultra Sim No Signal Fix BaseBand 4.10.01

Arrow IOS 5.01 Gevey Ultra Sim No Signal Fix BaseBand 4.10.01
    Hi All,

Does anyone have a fix for this yet, I have update to IOS 5.01 and used redsn0w to save BB 4.10.01 so i could use gevey ultra sim, it worked previously and ive had it so it gets a signal for about 2-3 seconds, then it drops out and says no sim card installed and i have to do the whole processes again, never got it to last any longer then that. ive hear gevey supreme works and the older versions of Gevey but dont wanna buy one unless people are sure. Technically my iphone is bricked at the min it was a UK version but I have moved to Australia so need the unlock, if it cant be fixed doesn anyone wanna make me an offer for it lol (pretty board f having to piss around with it all the time)

i saved my blogs from firmware4.3.3 but id already jailbroken it before i realised i have to do this. does this make a difference because im also having troubles restoring, getting 3914 error. my SHSH showing on tinyumberlla are
    5.1.b

should i be able to restore becuase I cant use my gevey utral sim even though ive baseband 4.10.01 on ios 5.01, what a pain!!!! any help would be great

im trying to restore to the 4.3.3 firmware, im confused as to why tiny unmberlla is showing as 4.3.5. as this have never been installed on the phone.(please clear this up anyone)
    Do you think if i restore 4.3.5 my gevey sim will work again?

thanks for any help im stumped

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

If it is a uk locked phone you can get it unlocked officially.. Afaik all uk phones can be unlocked :-)

even if they have insurance claim against them?

any idea on how i do it, and how much it costs?

Thanks

See this
    How to unlock your iPhone from O2, Orange, Three, T-Mobile or Vodafone | Ken's Tech Tips

There are imei unlock solutions I can't seem to find them.. But they exist.. :-)
    Last edited by xtacy; 12-29-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Do you have cellular data and data roaming ON? If they are off, some gevey (including applenberry ones) would frequently drop signals and going through the searching process.

Thanks

Oh I remember now I used cutyoursim to get a friends phone unlocked once. It was a pretty good experience just a little bit expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    Do you have cellular data and data roaming ON? If they are off, some gevey (including applenberry ones) would frequently drop signals and going through the searching process.
    yeah i had them turned on both times, im sure my card is the real deal but ive heard people having issues with the gevey ultra, Ive been told the supreme c=gevey works can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    See this
    How to unlock your iPhone from O2, Orange, Three, T-Mobile or Vodafone | Ken's Tech Tips

There are imei unlock solutions I can't seem to find them.. But they exist.. :-)
    OK ill check it out, would be great if i could just unlock it normally

One last thing, does anyone elses tinyumberlla show 4.3.5 on the saved shsh even though they had 4.3.3 installed? and wtf is 5.1b1, I have 5.01 installed so that shsh has come from no where

The blobs you saved via tinyumbrella likely came from Cydia (who saves available SHSHs on their servers). IF you have "request SHSH from cydia" checked under advanced, it will do this. this is not a bad thing, it's always good to have blobs available for future downgrades. BTW you cannot downgrade to 4.3.3 since it appears you don't have the SHSH blob for it.

Like others said, try to unlock it naturally, sounds best. If that doesn't work, be aware the Gevey Supreme is a fake. Applenberry.com gives good explanation of which are fakes and which are real. I have used a fake one and the real one now, and honestly I'm not sure which I like better. They both are glitchy at times although the real one is basically "untethered" as when i restart my phone it does the whole unlock process on its own (the ultra that is). That's nice although occasionally it doesnt work and i just have to reboot one (or 2) more times til it catches...

Thanks

Um.. I have iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4 with a base band of 4.10.01 and it works perfectly. It's also a Gevey Sim Ultra (Legit one from AppleNberry).

IMEI unlock didnt work for some reason so im stuck now, going to try and downgrade, does anyone know if 4.3.5 has an untetherd downgrade? I need to create a custom fw so I can downgrade and use my phone again :@

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottrotton View Post
    IMEI unlock didnt work for some reason so im stuck now, going to try and downgrade, does anyone know if 4.3.5 has an untetherd downgrade? I need to create a custom fw so I can downgrade and use my phone again :@
    No, 4.3.5 does not have an untethered jailbreak. The latest untethered jailbreak in iOS4 was 4.3.3

On iOS 5.x.x you need to keep cellular data and data roaming to ON at all times. If they are off, some geveys would frequently drop signals/calls and go through the whole searching process.

On some iPhones, data roaming at times would default to off, btw.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    On iOS 5.x.x you need to keep cellular data and data roaming to ON at all times. If they are off, some geveys would frequently drop signals/calls and go through the whole searching process.

On some iPhones, data roaming at times would default to off, btw.
    Those are probably fake Gevey Sims then, because my legitimate one (Gevey Sim Ultra) doesn't require to have any of those on. They're completely off and I do not lose signal at all. I mean seriously this legitimate only costs $20 now whereas fakes are what? $10 cheaper?

-photo.png
    Last edited by k3u; 12-30-2011 at 05:19 PM.

I think the fakes make a lot of their money from other countries where Applenberry doesn't ship to and where even if they did ship there it would cost a good chunk extra.

K3u -
    I have Iphone 4 bb 4.10.01 (like you) using Gevey Ultra (from Applenberry) at Ios 4.3.3. I like having the furiousmod automatic feature at 4.3.3 and not sure I want to give up. Do you think Ios5.0.1 is worth upgrading to and did you have any issues when you did the upgrade in getting your gevey to work?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmsmillertime View Post
    K3u -
    I have Iphone 4 bb 4.10.01 (like you) using Gevey Ultra (from Applenberry) at Ios 4.3.3. I like having the furiousmod automatic feature at 4.3.3 and not sure I want to give up. Do you think Ios5.0.1 is worth upgrading to and did you have any issues when you did the upgrade in getting your gevey to work?

Thanks
    Right off the bat, you won't get that untether feature with FuriousMod. It's going to be manual until they even care to update it. I was stuck on 4.3.5 so yes this upgrade is better for me. However, there are pros and cons to the upgrade. The upgrade still works with my Gevey Sim Ultra, still have to dial 112 manually every time you turn off your phone. The battery drains faster, even faster than before because Gevey Sim Ultra does consume a small amount of battery and combined with iOS5. However, the upside is that I don't get that annoying texts that interrupts my gaming session or watching videos. That's a plus for me. But in all actuality if you can live with being disturbed and stopped when people text you then stay at 4.3.3 because they have a support FuriousMod feature and it drains less battery.

Thanks K3u. Thats what I was I kinda thinking. I also have 2 3gs that I had signal dropping problems with when upgraded to 5.0 and 5.0.1 that I could only resolve by going back to 4.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmsmillertime View Post
    Thanks K3u. Thats what I was I kinda thinking. I also have 2 3gs that I had signal dropping problems with when upgraded to 5.0 and 5.0.1 that I could only resolve by going back to 4.1
    No problem.

I got mine from Account Login is that a fake website?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast