Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No restore from backup option after 4.3.4 to 5.0.1

Default No restore from backup option after 4.3.4 to 5.0.1
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum;

I have a huge problem, i had my iphone 4 on 4.3.3 software, however i had to restore, so my phone updated to ios5.0.1

After the restore, it connected to itunes and i was ask to set up my phone but there was NO RESTORE FROM BACKUP OPTION. It automatically detected it as a new iphone(which it is not, ive had it for like a year) and so now, i have a completely erased phone with no contacts, messages, notes or anything. When i go to Itunes-Preferences-Devices, i can see my previous backups. I can see them even on my mac, when i go to user/library/appsupport/mobilesync/backups. I just cant apply those backups through itunes to my phone. I dont even have this option when i right click my phone in itunes, and the little drop down panel appears. No option to restore to backup. PLEASE help what can i do how can i get everything back ..there HAS to be a way to do it, all my backups are on my mac, i can see them in itunes > preferences > backup but cannot restore them through itunes. Help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

You may have accidentally hit the setup as new on your iphone, do another restore to 5.0.1 and see if iTunes gives you this option.

@iYeow the strange thing is, Check for Update, and Restore button are disabled in itunes. I did put it back in DFU mode, restored again, and the only options it gives is Setup as new. On phone flow has 3 options, setup as new, restore from cloud backup, and restore from itunes. But the restore from itunes says connect your phone to itunes, when I do that, all I see on itunes is Setup as new screen.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

You are going from 4.xx to 5.xx, you should setup as new iphone anyway.

Default even am facing same problem
    some one mentioned about "iBackupBot" which solved problem how to use it

If you have multiple backups - restore from another of those backups.
    Connect the phone to your computer and launch iTunes. Right click on the iPhone name on the left under devices and select Restore From Backup. From the resulting pop up window, select the backup that you want to use to restore from.
    Last edited by mikeedward; 02-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.