+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about preserving baseband for iphone 4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I posted this in a different forum, then realized it may be more applicable here... so reposting. Sorry for the multi-forum spam Ok, so... I know there is no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about preserving baseband for iphone 4
    So I posted this in a different forum, then realized it may be more applicable here... so reposting. Sorry for the multi-forum spam

Ok, so... I know there is no unlock yet for iphones on the baseband 04.10.01, which is what mine is on.

My question is: if I do an apple upgrade to iOS 5, is that going to upgrade the baseband? Does it matter if it upgrades the baseband at this point? Should I wait until there is downloadable restore file (to my knowledge it's not ready yet for windows...)

I just learned about preserving the baseband recently... so I was just curious how it is working with iOS 5.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Stay at IOS 4 or if you want IOS 5 then restore to custom firmware of IOS 5 to preserve your IOS 4 baseband just to be on the safe side.
    It is possible with this 04.10.xx bb, it can still be unlock with Gevey Sim but i am not 100% sure.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

rendersix (10-17-2011)