+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PKGBackup dosent work

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi there, has anyone out there had any issues with scanning of packages. This is the error message I get when I open PKGBackup 'Warning'. Scanning of packages and of
    formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

Default PKGBackup dosent work
    Hi there, has anyone out there had any issues with scanning of packages. This is the error message I get when I open PKGBackup

'Warning'. Scanning of packages and of applications are disabled. Please go to settings to configure the application.

But...I am not able to set up or configure anything. I normally back up to DropBox but even Address book dosent work.
    Essentially every time I hit accept changes the error message appears again and again.

I have recently upgraded PKGBackup to 5.0 and I believe the problem has occurred since then.
    I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3

Ovbiously I would like to get this sorted before an unteathered jailbreak arrives on the scene. Has anyone else had this issue. I have even uninstalled and then reinstalled PKGBack up but still the issue exists.

Thanks,

Snige.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snige For This Useful Post:

romansharkdj (10-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snige View Post
    Hi there, has anyone out there had any issues with scanning of packages. This is the error message I get when I open PKGBackup

'Warning'. Scanning of packages and of applications are disabled. Please go to settings to configure the application.

But...I am not able to set up or configure anything. I normally back up to DropBox but even Address book dosent work.
    Essentially every time I hit accept changes the error message appears again and again.

I have recently upgraded PKGBackup to 5.0 and I believe the problem has occurred since then.
    I have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3

Ovbiously I would like to get this sorted before an unteathered jailbreak arrives on the scene. Has anyone else had this issue. I have even uninstalled and then reinstalled PKGBack up but still the issue exists.

Thanks,

Snige.
    Exactly the same here, iPhone 3GS with JB 4.3.3. I oficially purchased PKGBACKUP (paid for it) so I don't understand at all what is wrong with the software. Any help will be much appreciated here too Thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same issue here. Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.6. I'm definitely logged into Dropbox because it says "log out of drop box" instead of log in. I tried scheduling a backup etc but it doesn't work and there really isn't much else to change in the settings. I hate when companies give an error and tell you to do something without real instructions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi my friends! I just contacted the author and solved me the issue with these simple steps:

1. go back to Settings/Preferences (the main app, the one built-in into the phone) & find pkgbackup entry
    2. turn on the last option (restore defaults)
    3. launch the app then tap on OK. the app will restart. Exit the app.
    4. go back to settings & find pkgbackup entry
    5. turn on both auto scan (& everything else that u like)
    6. launch the app. Et voilą!

NOTE: It seems that from version 5.0, the PKGBackup settings to select which contents to be back'ed up are now in main SETTINGS icon from Springboard.
    Last edited by romansharkdj; 10-14-2011 at 07:50 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    These steps don't work exactly as given. The app does not restart in step 3. Each time step 2 is done, the reset step, it deletes all the config stuff as well as auto scan.

Skip steps 1-3 and start with step 4. Reenter dropbox account info if necessary.

Thanks

That worked, awesome.

Thanks

I can't find pkgbkup in the Settings app!! Any ideas?

This app really bugged me last time I upgraded. Totally lost all Cydia apps and had to reload from my memory which isn't so good.

formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

I love it when **** works. Thanks Dudes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dklein View Post
    I can't find pkgbkup in the Settings app!! Any ideas?

This app really bugged me last time I upgraded. Totally lost all Cydia apps and had to reload from my memory which isn't so good.
    I suggest app info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdivitt View Post
    These steps don't work exactly as given. The app does not restart in step 3. Each time step 2 is done, the reset step, it deletes all the config stuff as well as auto scan.

Skip steps 1-3 and start with step 4. Reenter dropbox account info if necessary.
    They worked for me As I had the settings inside PKGBackup all messed up, it helped me to restore defaults, even to load the Spanish language (because before doing so it was in English)...

LinkBacks (?)