Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs stuck on Connect to Itunes (have ran every program to fix with no luck)

Default Iphone 3gs stuck on Connect to Itunes (have ran every program to fix with no luck)
    CLiff Notes : Used every program i could download to Get rid of itunes screen, nothing works.
    Windows 7 with Iphone 3g or 3gs. i have no idea how to tell which. No idea what version of anything thats on this phone. I did not jailbreak it, got it that way.

I have an Iphone that i got from a trade.. Im not even 100% sure if its the 3g or the 3gs..

Anyway, here is the issue.. Load up, shows the Pineapple logo, cool, found out that pwnage/quickpwn.. So its jailbroken..

Dont really need it to be jailbroken but hey, awesome.

Here is the issue...I was getting error messages everytime i tried to connect my wireless receiver to it to play music over my truck radio... The error message was something about this device is not optimized for this iphone blah blah.. So i stopped using the wireless deal... Well recently the error message was showing up all the time, say every 15-30 minutes... and anytime i opened up the ipod app to play music, the error message would pop up, music would stop playing and most of my sound wouldnt work. No click when you locked/unlocked, no text message sound.. Ring tone would half work.. as in it would cut out..

Anyway, i tried to do a restore from itunes with the restore button. Didnt think anything of it. Read that even if its jailbroken there is no issues, it would just remove the jailbreak and be back to stock.. Well...Now i have a 1015 error.. and its stuck on the connect to itunes screen. It will not complete the restore.. I have tried hitting shift and restoring with files 4.2.1, 4.1 and several others and all i get is firmware is not compatible. I have tried other files that actually start to work but also give an error message and wont complete...

I have downloaded blackrain, recboot, ireb, snowbreeze, tinyumbrella, and quickpwn (which i dont think even works on windows 7).. None of these programs seem to fix my problem.. I am still stuck on the connect to itunes screen. Even after running blackrain, it says its been jailbroken, yet..still at the itunes screen..

Ive spent days, searching the net, searching forums... and i just cant figure it out.. I have to be missing something. I have no idea what firmware I should be running, i have no idea about anything on the phone as far as what version of anything....

Sorry for the long post....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Run latest tiny umbrella, make sure under adv tab : uncheck > set hosts file to cydia, close it.
    Now on the back of your iphone, if the logo is dull , then it is a 3g otherwise 3gs.
    Put your iphone into DFU mode > run itunes : shift + restore to stock 4.1 ipsw, if you downloaded a 3g and you have a 3gs , it will say incompatible. You can then switch to the other 4.1 ipsw to correct the error.
    Error 1015 will pop up.
    Now run Tiny Umbrella and use Exit recovery to kick out error 1015.
    You will be taken to emergency screen.
    If you have a 3gs, you can jailbreak with Limera1n.
    If you have a 3g, you can jailbreak it with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6

when i try to run 4.1 it says it cannot be restored because the firmware is in compatible

Thanks

Did you download 3g or 3gs firmware ?

link was for 3gs. And the apple logo is shiny on the back

Thanks

Go download the 3g 4.1 and try again.

Doing that now

i just got a different message that itunes will erase and verify with apple. So far so good.
    Last edited by kwassing; 10-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks

That is good, so your iphone is 3g not 3gs..

Here is Redsn0w 0.9.6b6
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-06-2011 at 11:28 PM.

wow. Now it says install sim card and has the unlock feature finally!

Thanks

So you are all set

Thanks

Just hit the thanks button at the far bottom left

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

kwassing (10-06-2011)

well. After i run TU and use it to exit recovery, i get the install sim card and unlock screen. Even with sim card installed i cant do anything but emergency call. After i run redsn0w, program finishes and says done, and now im right back to the plug into Itunes screen again where i was at the start..

nevermind i fixed it. And it works. Thanks for your help
    Last edited by kwassing; 10-07-2011 at 02:20 AM.