Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bought a used iPhone stuck in recovery.. Now this NO IMEI !!

I have been working on this iphone for days.

I started out not knowing if it was unlocked with the iPad baseband or anything.
    When I first got the iphone 3gs whenever i turned it on the apple logo would show up and the spinning circle would aswell. I tried updating the firmware officially to 4.3.5 and it would go farther with the progress bar than my other 3gs but i would still get the error 1013. So i would then jailbreak the phone and run iReb to get it out of recovery. I did thart and the iphone is stuck on the deactivate screen (emergency calls only)

I put my ATT sim card in it and it does not find any network. It show no IMEI or ICCID. I tried restoring back to 4.3.3 with tiny umbrella with my SHSH blobs or whatever they are called and JB it and used iReb. It will not work..

I was wondering if this is symptoms of a iPad modem firmware on official firmware? and do i need to restore back to 4.3.3 and try to get it to work from there, but like I said I havent had any real success when going to 4.3.3. I couldnt even get to the deactivate screen. Please help!

also the phone says "Restore needed, The iPhone cannot make or recieve calls. Restore from iTunes. www.apple.com/support"
    Last edited by nickk513; 08-24-2011 at 02:23 AM.

it should say your baseband version in settings..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Seen this before. In addition to no IMEI, likely no WiFi or BT Mac address either?
    This should never happen. No restore/update/bb anything fixes this. It's hardware..

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Seen this before. In addition to no IMEI, likely no WiFi or BT Mac address either?
    This should never happen. No restore/update/bb anything fixes this. It's hardware..
    Well dang, i got it for 25$ Luckily i didnt spend 100+!

Though, i was reading around and now i replaced the battery (since a post i read said it would work) and it partially did. the IMEI is now known but the iccid isnt along with no reading the sim card

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When the battery is replaced, the primary circuitry is reset because the power is completely removed.
    This has been recommended by some for various issues where nothing else worked. The success rate is unknown.
    Additionally, the procedure is too complex for most users.
    Last edited by Mes; 08-24-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

With so many things missing I'd agree with Mes' original statement that it seems to be a hardware failure. Could be wrong but it seems likely ...

yeah, it seems that way to me too. I will just use this iphone as parts.