+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS stuck in DFU, itunes stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" 1601 error.. pls help!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I wanna link back to this thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/744...e-restore.html Similar situation here. Whole story here..I don't know what I did but my iphone 3gs just displayed an apple logo. Then
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS stuck in DFU, itunes stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" 1601 error.. pls help!
    Hi,

I wanna link back to this thread: 3gs gets stuck on white screen after "preparing iphone for restore"

Similar situation here.

Whole story here..I don't know what I did but my iphone 3gs just displayed an apple logo. Then I tried to use redsnow, tinyumbrella and custom firmwares and somehow i got it back to the emergency call screen. I rebooted the phone and everything was lost again and when I restored from itunes, I got a white screen. Whenever I do anything in redsnow now, install cydia, or tethered boot, it says waiting to reboot and stops there and the white screen comes. Otherwise, its all a blank screen normally and I cant turn it on or off. DFU mode (i think).

Its baseband 06.15.00 and on 4.2.1 right now from what I last did stuff.

Tinyumbrella shows my SHSH saved as 4.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.5 but i did these SHSH saves like after my phone died but turned on.

Please let me know what steps I should take.. im stumped! Would appreciate it tremendously.

Also: When doing restore now from itunes on any firmware, i get 1601 error, when it says preparing iphone for restore...

Thanks

It isn't in Pwned DFU mode. Has to be in that mode for it to work other wise it will hang on that error.
    Download iReb and put it into Pwned DFU with it's instructions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D3xus View Post
    It isn't in Pwned DFU mode. Has to be in that mode for it to work other wise it will hang on that error.
    Download iReb and put it into Pwned DFU with it's instructions.
    I have that installed and have tried using that.. could it be any other error?
    I use redsnow to put it in pwned DFU.. (the last option in that list)

Also, could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong. In the SHSH in tiny umbrella, I do not see 4.2.1, but I was able to load this firmware on this but maybe I did it wrong.. I see 4.3.3. I dont know the correct steps to do this whole process.

Can someone write steps in a list from start to finish that I should follow? Would appreciate that a lot.I have tiny umbrella, iReb, redsnow, and 4.2.1 and 4.3.3. firmwares + their custom firmwares.
    Last edited by SameerAlam; 08-09-2011 at 06:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please, anyone? This is my last hope...

Green Apple
    Thanks

iH8sn0w.com

try ifaith 1.3... it can use the blobs saved using tiny umbrella... select the blob, make a signed ipsw... it'll put the phone in pwned dfu... then turn on itunes, shift + restore to that newly made signed ipsw... i got no errors/loops downgrading.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can u tell me the exact steps? i havent made an ipsw myself yet so not sure how to go on doing this whole process with ifaith
    thank u !

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SameerAlam View Post
    can u tell me the exact steps? i havent made an ipsw myself yet so not sure how to go on doing this whole process with ifaith
    thank u !
    i have exact same problem,any one has success on this? please share thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

You cannot use ifaith to dump as you are now stuck with white screen. You need to trigger into recovery mode (iTunes cable logo)
    Run latest tiny umbrella, adv tab : st hosts file to Cydia checked mark
    Highlight device on left pane , under general , must have 4.3.3 blob showing
    Start tss server, keep it running
    Put iPhone into owned dfu mode ( snow breeze , redsnow tools can help you to put into owned dfu mode )
    Run iTunes : shift + restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3