Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple continues to 'sign' 4.1 SHSH blobs

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It worked 2 hours ago. What was your iTunes message?
    Just checked, working
    Last edited by Mes; 09-01-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Could it be because the phone is not already jailbroken? Do I have to tether JB on 4.3.5 to get this to work?

It was error 3194 I think.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Prior jb doesn't matter. Btw: 4.1 3GS is working now.
    Maybe your hosts file contains gs.apple.com -- not good.
    Use Tiny Umbrella, uncheck 'set hosts to Cydia on exit', exit TU. Try again.
    All the info you need to restore in post #1 Tiny Umbrella link (in sig)
    Last edited by Mes; 09-01-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Strange that it doesn't work on this phone as I regularly jailbreak several different phones and I had a couple of 3GS recently that I had to drop down to 4.1

Haven't changed any settings since then afaik. Might just be iTunes having a little spaz. Thanks for the advice will update later

I CONFIRM this way of downgrading still works , i figured out you dont even need to use iREB for this method, you just plug in your iPhone click restore from 4.1ipsw, and it will start the process , if you have ipad baseband u will need to do a custom install though ! or u will need to use TU to kick it out of recovery , you are probably getting errors cos you have used tinyumberlla before and the servers are set to cydia instead of apple ! either way if u cant figure it out go back a few pages and read how other people did it ! but YES this is still working !

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    Strange that it doesn't work on this phone as I regularly jailbreak several different phones and I had a couple of 3GS recently that I had to drop down to 4.1

Haven't changed any settings since then afaik. Might just be iTunes having a little spaz. Thanks for the advice will update later

Ok, why apple not sign 4.2.1 instead 4.1 b/c 4.2.1 support 3g too?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123