Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
01-05-2012, 12:03 PM #21
[UPDATE: TinyUmbrella 5.10.05 just released that fixes this problem, so my solution below is no longer needed. Go here: The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella. Only use the information below if you need to use a prior version for whatever reason.]
- - -
I had a similar problem; tracked it down to sqlite3.dll being found in the %PATH% environment variable, and being of a different (or different enough) version. For me it was sqlite3.dll, but there are other DLLs in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" and "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support" that could potentially cause the same problem if they are loaded from unexpected locations.
I have sent a message to the author of TinyUmbrella, but meanwhile, here's a fix:
1) In the same directory where you have placed tinyumbrella-5.10.04.exe (or whatever version you're using), create a new file and name it tinyumbrella.bat, and open it in notepad.
2) Enter the following as it's contents:
set PATH=%CommonProgramFiles%\Apple\Apple Application Support;%CommonProgramFiles%\Apple\Mobile Device Support;%PATH%
start /B tinyumbrella-5.10.04.exe
2) Make sure the last line actually matches the file name of the tinyumbrella program.
3) (Optional) If you don't want to see the block cmd.exe box pop up every time you run it, right make a windows shortcut to the batch file you just created. After that, right clock it, go to Properties, and set the "Run" field in the "Shortcut" tab to "Minimized".
If you want, you can also set the shortcut icon by choosing "Change Icon" and browsing to the Tiny Umbrella program (e.g., tinyumbrella-5.10.04.exe.)
I hope this helps.
[Edit: I some how missed killer05115's reply on the first page, my apologizes. He was first and was right.]
Last edited by szr; 01-08-2012 at 10:40 PM.
01-06-2012, 04:49 PM #22
I ended up copying the sqlite3.dll file into the same directory as TU and it finally worked. The batch file method above didn't.
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM #23
rstick, yes you are right, that does work (since the current directory (that TU is run from) is search for first, even before the items in PATH.) You wont need to do that with version 5.10.05, though.
01-06-2012, 05:06 PM #24
01-06-2012, 05:13 PM #25
2) If you're copying it from somewhere else, do you see SQLite3.dll in "CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" (or "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support") ?
If it's there, then I can only guess you're on an older version of iTunes. I'd recommend completely uninstalling iTunes and installing 10.5.2. You should not need the batch file when using 5.10.05. If having sqlite3.dll in the same dir as TU works for you, great, but I'd still recommend a complete reinstall of iTunes, as it sounds like something isn't quite right.
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM #26
Thanks for the help though!
01-06-2012, 09:06 PM #27
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
im not sure... but i think itunes has a problem in the 64 bit versions of windows.... again not sure at all......
01-07-2012, 09:09 AM #28
It may also depend on if you're using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of iTunes. I haven't had a chance to test on 64-bit Windows, but I suspect there maybe be two sets of apple common files installed (32- and 64-bit) when installing the 64-bit version of iTunes (on a 64-bit version of Windows.) I will test in a VM later on to see if this is the case.
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM #29
So I'm left with asking, are you sure you're using TU version 5.10.05 ? Other than that, have you changed your iTunes paths? I've found that the "Apple Application Support" and "Mobile Device Support" install into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\", even when installed from the iTunes 64-bit installer.
Can you verify that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple" exists and that the directories "Apple Application Support" and "Mobile Device Support" are present, and that "Apple Application Support" does in fact contain a sqlite3.dll.
If that all checks out, it's possible something is amiss in your system registry, in which case I'd recommend a full reinstall of iTunes 64-bit (I tested with iTunes 10.5.2 64-bit.)
The Following User Says Thank You to szr For This Useful Post:
03-20-2012, 02:44 AM #30
03-26-2012, 06:53 PM #31
I had the same problem. iTunes would recognize my devices, but TU wouldn't. I'm running windows 7 64bit. I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it and Java. Java for both 32 & 64 bit. It was only after I put the sqlite3.dll into the TU folder that it started to recognize my iDevices. Thank you very much!! It's not been working for a couple of months.
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM #32
02-12-2013, 06:02 AM #33Fixed
@killer05115 You are life saver! None of the 10+ pages I visited worked in fixing this. I couldn't use TU for over a year and now I needed to do something for my old iPhone 3G and this worked perfectly.
Sorry to revive old thread but I just had to give credit where it is due. Thank you again!