+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella cannot detect iphone iphone 4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
[ UPDATE: TinyUmbrella 5.10.05 just released that fixes this problem, so my solution below is no longer needed. Go here : The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella . Only use the
    szr
    Thanks

[UPDATE: TinyUmbrella 5.10.05 just released that fixes this problem, so my solution below is no longer needed. Go here: The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella. Only use the information below if you need to use a prior version for whatever reason.]

- - -

I had a similar problem; tracked it down to sqlite3.dll being found in the %PATH% environment variable, and being of a different (or different enough) version. For me it was sqlite3.dll, but there are other DLLs in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" and "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support" that could potentially cause the same problem if they are loaded from unexpected locations.

I have sent a message to the author of TinyUmbrella, but meanwhile, here's a fix:

1) In the same directory where you have placed tinyumbrella-5.10.04.exe (or whatever version you're using), create a new file and name it tinyumbrella.bat, and open it in notepad.

2) Enter the following as it's contents:

@ECHO OFF
    set PATH=%CommonProgramFiles%\Apple\Apple Application Support;%CommonProgramFiles%\Apple\Mobile Device Support;%PATH%
    start /B tinyumbrella-5.10.04.exe

2) Make sure the last line actually matches the file name of the tinyumbrella program.

3) (Optional) If you don't want to see the block cmd.exe box pop up every time you run it, right make a windows shortcut to the batch file you just created. After that, right clock it, go to Properties, and set the "Run" field in the "Shortcut" tab to "Minimized".

If you want, you can also set the shortcut icon by choosing "Change Icon" and browsing to the Tiny Umbrella program (e.g., tinyumbrella-5.10.04.exe.)

I hope this helps.

[Edit: I some how missed killer05115's reply on the first page, my apologizes. He was first and was right.]
    Last edited by szr; 01-08-2012 at 10:40 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ended up copying the sqlite3.dll file into the same directory as TU and it finally worked. The batch file method above didn't.

szr
    Thanks

rstick, yes you are right, that does work (since the current directory (that TU is run from) is search for first, even before the items in PATH.) You wont need to do that with version 5.10.05, though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    rstick, yes you are right, that does work (since the current directory (that TU is run from) is search for first, even before the items in PATH.) You wont need to do that with version 5.10.05, though.
    I have 5.10.05, I created the batch file, I also ran it as administrator. It didn't work. I then copied the sqlite3.dll file into the same directory, then it worked.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rstick View Post
    I have 5.10.05, I created the batch file, I also ran it as administrator. It didn't work. I then copied the sqlite3.dll file into the same directory, then it worked.
    1) Where are you coming it from? "Apple Application Support" ?

2) If you're copying it from somewhere else, do you see SQLite3.dll in "CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" (or "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support") ?

If it's there, then I can only guess you're on an older version of iTunes. I'd recommend completely uninstalling iTunes and installing 10.5.2. You should not need the batch file when using 5.10.05. If having sqlite3.dll in the same dir as TU works for you, great, but I'd still recommend a complete reinstall of iTunes, as it sounds like something isn't quite right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    1) Where are you coming it from? "Apple Application Support" ?

2) If you're copying it from somewhere else, do you see SQLite3.dll in "CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" (or "CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support") ?

If it's there, then I can only guess you're on an older version of iTunes. I'd recommend completely uninstalling iTunes and installing 10.5.2. You should not need the batch file when using 5.10.05. If having sqlite3.dll in the same dir as TU works for you, great, but I'd still recommend a complete reinstall of iTunes, as it sounds like something isn't quite right.
    Yes it was copied from the location you mentioned above. Fully updated version if iTunes, actually tried installing again yesterday trying to figure this out. The only thing that the problem would be is Windows 7. It's been a while since I've reinstalled the OS, reinstallation of the OS will sometimes solve esoteric problems.

Thanks for the help though!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im not sure... but i think itunes has a problem in the 64 bit versions of windows.... again not sure at all......

szr
    Thanks

It may also depend on if you're using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of iTunes. I haven't had a chance to test on 64-bit Windows, but I suspect there maybe be two sets of apple common files installed (32- and 64-bit) when installing the 64-bit version of iTunes (on a 64-bit version of Windows.) I will test in a VM later on to see if this is the case.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rstick View Post
    Yes it was copied from the location you mentioned above. Fully updated version if iTunes, actually tried installing again yesterday trying to figure this out. The only thing that the problem would be is Windows 7. It's been a while since I've reinstalled the OS, reinstallation of the OS will sometimes solve esoteric problems.

Thanks for the help though!
    Quote Originally Posted by killer05115 View Post
    im not sure... but i think itunes has a problem in the 64 bit versions of windows.... again not sure at all......
    Ok I ran some tests using a 64-bit Windows 7 install in a virtual machine. What I found was that TU wont even run if your Java is 64-bit (it needs to be the 32-bit version.) I found that it was getting the correct location of the Apple-supplied dlls, like sqlite3.dll, just as it does on a 32-bit Windows, querying the system registry for those locations and adding them to the beginning of the PATH environment variable before the loading of dlls occurs, so even if you had other instances of sqlite3.dll, they shouldn't have been getting loaded.

So I'm left with asking, are you sure you're using TU version 5.10.05 ? Other than that, have you changed your iTunes paths? I've found that the "Apple Application Support" and "Mobile Device Support" install into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\", even when installed from the iTunes 64-bit installer.

Can you verify that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple" exists and that the directories "Apple Application Support" and "Mobile Device Support" are present, and that "Apple Application Support" does in fact contain a sqlite3.dll.

If that all checks out, it's possible something is amiss in your system registry, in which case I'd recommend a full reinstall of iTunes 64-bit (I tested with iTunes 10.5.2 64-bit.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to szr For This Useful Post:

troyy (03-26-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thankx a million this really solved my problem

Quote Originally Posted by killer05115 View Post
    ok heres wt u gotta do.... look for the file sqlite3.dll it should be in ur itunes folder( check both in 32 bit and 64 bit folders...) it'll be there.... copy and paste it where u downloaded TU..... should work just fine after that.... same fix can be applied to a number of other softwares like pdanet iexplorer etc.... oh and your welcome...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the same problem. iTunes would recognize my devices, but TU wouldn't. I'm running windows 7 64bit. I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it and Java. Java for both 32 & 64 bit. It was only after I put the sqlite3.dll into the TU folder that it started to recognize my iDevices. Thank you very much!! It's not been working for a couple of months.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter0205 View Post
    Killer05115 You are my new hero. I have been dealing with this issue for weeks with no fix.
    I found three SQLite.dll instances in my computer so I used the one in the CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple and copied it to the folder I have TinyUmbrella.exe in and it solved the issue 100% on all my iPhones.
    Thank you so much.
    I knew it HAD to be simpler than reinstalling iTunes or the operating system.
    Many, many thanks.
    Michael
    Dude i cant get my ip4 detected after doing all that u have done and suggested

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Fixed
    @killer05115 You are life saver! None of the 10+ pages I visited worked in fixing this. I couldn't use TU for over a year and now I needed to do something for my old iPhone 3G and this worked perfectly.

Sorry to revive old thread but I just had to give credit where it is due. Thank you again!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12