Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak failure after 2 or 3 mods

Default jailbreak failure after 2 or 3 mods
    wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have been playing around with new icons. After a few times running jailbreak it stops working, the only way to get it to work is to restore, reset settings, jailbreak again. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so how to get past it.

thx.

All works fine here, but one thing I never did was to sinchronize that services.xml file in the end like they all ay you should do ... My phone synchronizes fine with iTunes without changing it ...

so what is exactly the problem you cant restore? or after you restore you cant do jailbreak again?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeyBoy View Post
    so what is exactly the problem you cant restore? or after you restore you cant do jailbreak again?

I have a problem...

iTunes won't sync my iPhone and jailbreak won't open....

if ur using the first version of jailbreak you might need to replace the plist thingie if ur using the newer version and its happening then all i know to do is to go in iphoneinterface and enter recoverymode(which i just did and it sucks!). Then try and go in itunes and recover. if you need ill find the plist file for ya. Hope that helps
    Last edited by JakeyBoy; 07-17-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Yes, make sure every time you come out of iphoneinterface, you "rejail" your phone by putting that Services.plist back on. If not, you're gonna get some jacked up things happening.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yeah I make sure that I replace the services for syncing. Syncing isn't an issue, and restoring is fine too. 2 times now I have moded a few things, rebooted. used for awhile, syncs and all, but then I will go to jailbreak and it says it's a no go.

once restored it's fine. But I want to be able to play around a bit and not worry about fully restoring.

thx

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yes, make sure every time you come out of iphoneinterface, you "rejail" your phone by putting that Services.plist back on. If not, you're gonna get some jacked up things happening.
    Thats weird if you are using Windows you should have to run jailbreak again after the first time, not unless you do a full restore...so i thought

I think i have the same error.

when i do ./jailbreak it says the regular thanks to ziel and gehost #iphone etc

then says

Looking for iPhone...
    Sending Files...
    Problem Starting AFC: -402653150

Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
    Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris myabe you should give it a second chance.

I just tried re-installing jailbreak...still no luck
    Last edited by slezak12; 07-19-2007 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The same exact thing stated above happened to me So far i've changed the OPERATOR LOGO, BATTERY COLOR, SMS BUBBLE COLORS, ADDED RINGTONES, CHANGED SMS TONE, and CHANGED SBBADGEBD all successfully over the last week or so. Now, all of a sudden, I get the jailbreak error Has anyone found a way to get it back working without restoring it so I don't have to have all 8 gigs of my junk back onto the phone, because I wanna keep modding!!!!!

If your using the newest jailbreak version why are you jailbreaking more than once. As far as i know its a once and done thing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeyBoy For This Useful Post:

dncrgrl (07-19-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Right, if not, have installed the services.plist back up?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeyBoy View Post
    If your using the newest jailbreak version why are you jailbreaking more than once. As far as i know its a once and done thing.
    Haha, i'm a genius! Had no idea I only had to jailbreak once! LOL! All better now! Thanks!

if I didn't do jailbreak again, It would not see files, doing commands would not show files, it runs but doesn't see directories..

Im still confused.

So i have to "rejail" and put back on the services.plist

how is that done?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Once you are done modding, you always cd to System/Library/Lockdown, and putfile Services.plist back on. This allows you to still sync with iTunes, etc. If you're having issues, try redownloading a fresh version of jailbreak and trying again.

Default iphoneinterface crashing
    I am having a problem with iphoneinterface. It works fine on most of the things people are posting about in here except for the battery icons. I try to putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/BatteryBG_1.png it crashes iphone interface. I tried some other icons and it worked fine. So then I got hold of a zip file that supposedly contains all the .png files on the iphone. So looking around I found this file:
    "DeviceLockBottomBarBackground.png"
    So I tried to upload it to :
    putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/filename
    and it crashed iphoneinterface also...then I was able to do some other uploads. Let me know if anyone can get this to work. By the way that file is the transparent bg that comes up at top and bottom of phone when you come out of sleep mode. I had tinted it blue to match the rest of my theme, just could not get iphoneinterface to upload it without crashing.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Try cd'ing to that directory, then using putfile with just the filename, not the filepath.