Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Turns Off Randomly / Black Screen / Won't Reboot

Default iPhone 4 Turns Off Randomly / Black Screen / Won't Reboot
    I need help, guys. I am having so much trouble with my iPhone 4 and have already tried so much to get it back in working condition.

A few days ago (Friday) my iPhone 4 16gb 4.3.3 (used to be a broken black one but I fixed it up using an iFixit guide to a white front and back) was perfect. No problems. Then suddenly, out of the blue, it shut off. It had 50% battery left, and I could turn it back on immediately. It bothered me because it shut off when I was playing music at my friend's house.

Since then, it has been shutting off 5-20 times a day. The only time it would remain usable (and powered on) was when it was plugged into a computer, a wall, or any other sort of charging apparatus. Today, after I had it playing on an iPod Dock, it shut off for good. It had 98% battery and just shut down; however, after later experimenting with it, I found out that if I called it, it still rang and wasn't "off".

On a car ride later today, I plugged in into my friends 2011 Nissan Juke (amazing car btw) but it wouldn't turn on even though it was charging. I tried to put it into DFU mode just to see what would happen, and through a USB connection to the car's main LCD screen, it completely shut off the LCD screen. I tried it again just to make sure. Very odd. At this point I was immensely pissed.

I just got home a few hours ago and have been using TinyUmbrella to try to kick it out of recovery/DFU, but no use. I also tried Tetheredboot Utility and Fix Recovery (stand alone), but no dice.

Currently, my phone is sitting next to me with a blank, uninhabited screen. Just like it's locked and the brightness turned all the way down. No action brings anything up of the iPhone's screen. The only response i've had from it is that if I put it into DFU mode, iTunes will recognize it; however, it gives me error 1601 when trying to restore.

I am honestly at wit's end trying to figure this one out; the first REAL problem I've had that I couldn't fix on my own.

PLEASE HELP. PLEASE.

- backbeat.

Are you sure there isn't a problem with the LCD/Digitizer?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

back2thebeatof84 (06-09-2011)

Absolutely. During one of it's "episodes" a few hours earlier earlier, I was playing Tiny Wings for a good 20 minutes. It then shut off again.

It seems to me as if the assembly is defective. Did you check the connections at all?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    It seems to me as if the assembly is defective. Did you check the connections at all?
    On the inside of the phone? They have all been perfect for the past month. Tomorrow morning I plan on checking them out again.

Yup on the inside on the phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

Welp, the connectors seemed pretty sturdy, but I pried them off and firmed pushed them back on and it powered back right to my beautiful Typophone 4 lockscreen =) thanks a bunch Str4y, I'm coming to you next time hahaha.

Haha no problem.