Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get out of Recovery mode

Default Can't get out of Recovery mode
    I have a friend with an IP4 that has NEVER been jailbroken. Out of nowhere when he went to update his phone via itunes, it kicked into recovery mode (with the connect to itunes logo on the screen) and he can't get it out of it. He says Tiny Umbrella doesn't light up the box that reads "kick out of recovery" and itunes will NOT recognize his phone. WHat should he do? I have jailbroken my ip4 many times and have dealt with many issues including recovery modes, but i am stumped. please help me help my friend.
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by roscoboy272 View Post
    I have a friend with an IP4 that has NEVER been jailbroken. Out of nowhere when he went to update his phone via itunes, it kicked into recovery mode (with the connect to itunes logo on the screen) and he can't get it out of it. He says Tiny Umbrella doesn't light up the box that reads "kick out of recovery" and itunes will NOT recognize his phone. WHat should he do? I have jailbroken my ip4 many times and have dealt with many issues including recovery modes, but i am stumped. please help me help my friend.
    paul
    Try DFU mode so tinyumbrella recognizes it & then fix recovery! Plug it in, open TU, hold power/home button for 10 sec., when it turns off let go of power button but keep holding home 3 to 5 more seconds until it's recognized. DFU mode has black screen, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Or if u don't care about firmware or baseband #'s, open iTunes & DFU restore & then restore from backup I hope u have.

Lastly, if ur on or below iOS 4.2.1 stay with it! iOS 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 r all jailbreakable but Greenpois0n on iOS 4.2.1 works awesome & is very simple. The others r easy to but I've enjoyed GP iOS 4.2.1 jb the most.

i dont care about baseband #s, so how do you do that?

Go here, it has tutorials for everything!
    www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone

Or search this site, it's all there k. If u don't understand anything, ask here or start a new thread but u should research first k! Good luck, I'm sure after u visit iclarified tutorials u will have no problems.

Just plug it into iTunes, hold home & power button for 10 seconds. After screen goes black, release power button but keep holding home & iTunes will recognize it, that's DFU mode. DFU mode has black screen, then restore/update & set it up from a previous most recent backup, I hope u have! Good luck, k.

I have my iPhone 4 stuck in 'connect to iTunes and insert the original sim' screen .
    Please tell me what has to be done !?

Quote Originally Posted by aware1 View Post
    I have my iPhone 4 stuck in 'connect to iTunes and insert the original sim' screen .
    Please tell me what has to be done !?
    U need to put a sim card for wtvr carrier the iPhone is locked to & activate it in iTunes!