Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck in pwned dfu mode =[

Default stuck in pwned dfu mode =[
    helppp, im clueless about what to do now, my iphone 3gs 4.2.1 is stuck in that pwned dfu infinite loop.

i tried to jailbreak it today but i couldnt factory restore it cuz of the 3194 error, so i fixed it with tinyumbrella tss server, but then i had the 1600 error, so i used iReb to fix that error by putting my iphone into pwned dfu. after that i used greenpoison to jailbreak my phone and it succeeded, but now im stuck in pwned dfu mode.

i tried fixing it using tinyumbrellas "fix recovery" button, but a message saying "_futil45203.exe has stopped working" always pops up. it says tinyumbrella cant even detect my iphone tho. it might be because i didnt know i was suppose to save my shsh, so i didnt save it before the jailbreak, but i did after i jailbroke it. but idk?

itunes can detect my phone tho, but it jus says my phone is still in recovery mode. i cant restore my iphone using itunes cuz the 1600 error always pops up and i have to use iReb again jus to restore it, which doesnt help.

i held the home + lock screen many times but it jus loops back to pwned dfu mode...=[

i need help =[

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yajyang93 View Post
    helppp, im clueless about what to do now, my iphone 3gs 4.2.1 is stuck in that pwned dfu infinite loop.

i tried to jailbreak it today but i couldnt factory restore it cuz of the 3194 error, so i fixed it with tinyumbrella tss server, but then i had the 1600 error, so i used iReb to fix that error by putting my iphone into pwned dfu. after that i used greenpoison to jailbreak my phone and it succeeded, but now im stuck in pwned dfu mode.

i tried fixing it using tinyumbrellas "fix recovery" button, but a message saying "_futil45203.exe has stopped working" always pops up. it says tinyumbrella cant even detect my iphone tho. it might be because i didnt know i was suppose to save my shsh, so i didnt save it before the jailbreak, but i did after i jailbroke it. but idk?

itunes can detect my phone tho, but it jus says my phone is still in recovery mode. i cant restore my iphone using itunes cuz the 1600 error always pops up and i have to use iReb again jus to restore it, which doesnt help.

i held the home + lock screen many times but it jus loops back to pwned dfu mode...=[

i need help =[
    Did I try rerunning greenpois0n?

think i reran it like 3 times? after i rerun it, the apple skull thing appears and dissapears after a while, and im jus bak in the infinite pwned dfu mode. =/

Thanks

think i reran it like 3 times? after i rerun it, the apple skull thing appears and dissapears after a while, and im jus bak in the infinite pwned dfu mode. =/
    Wow!
    Okay, it sounds like you need to do a clean restore.

BTW, do u need an unlock or not?

-First, put ur phone in 'regular' DFU mode:
    (power for 5sec - power and home for 10sec - home for 10sec).

-Second, open TU and under Advanced, uncheck the Cydia/Hosts file box

-Third, Google: Edit Hosts File for (Windows or Mac)

-Fourth, remove Sauriks string (74.xxx.xxx gs.apple.xxx) from the Hosts file & SAVE the newly Edited Hosts file!!!!! (Win Vista & 7 require you to open the file as Administrator)

-Fifth, reboot the Computer

-Sixth, check the Hosts file again to make sure Sauriks string is gone.

-Seventh, restore from iTunes as normal

-Eighth, you might need TU or RecBoot to EXIT Recovery Mode if you get a 1015 or 1013 Error.

Let us know...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Yajyang93 (04-24-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Wow!
    Okay, it sounds like you need to do a clean restore.

BTW, do u need an unlock or not?

-First, put ur phone in 'regular' DFU mode:
    (power for 5sec - power and home for 10sec - home for 10sec).

-Second, open TU and under Advanced, uncheck the Cydia/Hosts file box

-Third, Google: Edit Hosts File for (Windows or Mac)

-Fourth, remove Sauriks string (74.xxx.xxx gs.apple.xxx) from the Hosts file & SAVE the newly Edited Hosts file!!!!! (Win Vista & 7 require you to open the file as Administrator)

-Fifth, reboot the Computer

-Sixth, check the Hosts file again to make sure Sauriks string is gone.

-Seventh, restore from iTunes as normal

-Eighth, you might need TU or RecBoot to EXIT Recovery Mode if you get a 1015 or 1013 Error.

Let us know...

no i dont need to unlock.

idk how to put my phone on regular DFU in this state. i cant even power it on to power it off so i can do the regular way. with regular DFU u shud be able to see the apple logo and then the screen goes black right?? my screen jus stays black the whole time.
    wen i try to go out of dfu mode while plugged into the computer by holding both the power+home button for awhile, it makes the "unplugged" noise, then instantly 5 seconds later it makes the "plugged in" noise. all of this happens while the screen is still pitch black.

sooo idk if its in regular dfu or not after i do this.

is it possible for me to do all the instructions u gave me without putting my phone in regular dfu??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yajyang93 For This Useful Post:

gngbngr (08-21-2011)

Thanks

no i dont need to unlock.

idk how to put my phone on regular DFU in this state. i cant even power it on to power it off so i can do the regular way. with regular DFU u shud be able to see the apple logo and then the screen goes black right?? my screen jus stays black the whole time.
    wen i try to go out of dfu mode while plugged into the computer by holding both the power+home button for awhile, it makes the "unplugged" noise, then instantly 5 seconds later it makes the "plugged in" noise. all of this happens while the screen is still pitch black.

sooo idk if its in regular dfu or not after i do this.

is it possible for me to do all the instructions u gave me without putting my phone in regular dfu??
    Give it a try!

Give it a try!
    omg....i love u. LOL. i finally fixed it following ur instructions xDD hahaha thanks so much. now time to attempt to jailbreak again :X lol O_o i hope i dont fail this time

Thanks

omg....i love u. LOL. i finally fixed it following ur instructions xDD hahaha thanks so much. now time to attempt to jailbreak again :X lol O_o i hope i dont fail this time
    LOL! Glad ur back to normal. The JB should be fairly simple. Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If your having ERROR 1600, use iReb R4 and it will properly DFU mode your phone so you can restore without getting the error on iTunes.

Give it a try!

I tried all ur steps, but I chose an Ipsw already downloaded (shift+restore). Do I have to click restore alone and restore normally ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kteercool View Post

I tried all ur steps, but I chose an Ipsw already downloaded (shift+restore). Do I have to click restore alone and restore normally ?
    I didnt use shift restore. I restored by jus clicking the restore button through itunes. So im on 4.3.2 now.

I tried the following steps but an error occured. its error 3149.
    Help please

Followed the following steps but error 3149 still pops up.

help please..

hELP PLEASE
    Last edited by clangclang; 04-29-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clangclang View Post
    I tried the following steps but an error occured. its error 3149.
    Help please

Followed the following steps but error 3149 still pops up.

help please..

hELP PLEASE
    So, for sure, you have removed Sauriks server from ur Hosts file???

So, for sure, you have removed Sauriks server from ur Hosts file???
    yes i removed Sauriks server. but nothing happens.
    my ipod is still in dfu mode (black screen). i dont know what to do. i'm so desperate. Help please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clangclang View Post
    yes i removed Sauriks server. but nothing happens.
    my ipod is still in dfu mode (black screen). i dont know what to do. i'm so desperate. Help please.
    Try this:

-open tinyumbrella and Start TSS Server

-restore from iTunes normally

Let us know...

Thanks

If nothing else, restore from a computer that has never jailbroken an iPhone

Try this:

Let us know...
    i opened tiny umbrella but my device doesnt show.

Try this:

Let us know...
    i opened tiny umbrella but i dont see my device there.
    Last edited by clangclang; 04-29-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default use custom
    Use custom firmware 4.3.3

use redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 to enter pwned DFU mode

next: open Tiny Umbrella
    press start tss server
    open up itunes
    use custom firmware 4.3.3
    after iphone is started, use redsn0w and use just boot tethered right now

1000000 % solution!

Searched every forum without succes, this trick will work
    But you have to boot in tethered mode every time you reboot

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Studie View Post
    If your having ERROR 1600, use iReb R4 and it will properly DFU mode your phone so you can restore without getting the error on iTunes.
    MAN, I ******* LOVE YOU! IT ******* WORKED! I was hopeless afterall. Some time before, I had run iREB to pwn my DFU mode, but I also run the DFU pwner in RedSn0w, and also, my home nutton was broken, so I couldn't do anything. I thought in openning my iPhone, removing the battery and putting it again... I was hopeless, but then you appeared to my heart. REALLY, I ******* LOVE YOU! My iPhone 4 is now fully working on 5.0.1 + Jailbreak + AssistiveTouch! Thank you all! I think a tutorial should be made to the people who is having problems with the home button + the DFU pwn stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XiiiX View Post
    MAN, I ******* LOVE YOU! IT ******* WORKED! I was hopeless afterall. Some time before, I had run iREB to pwn my DFU mode, but I also run the DFU pwner in RedSn0w, and also, my home nutton was broken, so I couldn't do anything. I thought in openning my iPhone, removing the battery and putting it again... I was hopeless, but then you appeared to my heart. REALLY, I ******* LOVE YOU! My iPhone 4 is now fully working on 5.0.1 + Jailbreak + AssistiveTouch! Thank you all! I think a tutorial should be made to the people who is having problems with the home button + the DFU pwn stuff.

Hahaha, no problem. I am glad I can help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast