Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck in pwned dfu mode =[

Im stuck in the same problem but i have to unlock my phone too it is gevey sim i wanted to restore my 5.0.1 i had all ssh blobs i did that using snow breeze an error 37 came my phone got stuck in dfu mode i made it in simple dfu mode but now im stuck how shud i restore my phone because now whenever i try there is some or the other error can anyone help me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ds4a View Post
    Im stuck in the same problem but i have to unlock my phone too it is gevey sim i wanted to restore my 5.0.1 i had all ssh blobs i did that using snow breeze an error 37 came my phone got stuck in dfu mode i made it in simple dfu mode but now im stuck how shud i restore my phone because now whenever i try there is some or the other error can anyone help me ?
    Do u have TinyUmbrella installed? If so, it's probably because your 'hosts' file has been modified so Apple won't be able to verify/complete the Restore...

I'm really starting to hate TinyUmbrella

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Wow!
    Okay, it sounds like you need to do a clean restore.

BTW, do u need an unlock or not?

-First, put ur phone in 'regular' DFU mode:
    (power for 5sec - power and home for 10sec - home for 10sec).

-Second, open TU and under Advanced, uncheck the Cydia/Hosts file box

-Third, Google: Edit Hosts File for (Windows or Mac)

-Fourth, remove Sauriks string (74.xxx.xxx gs.apple.xxx) from the Hosts file & SAVE the newly Edited Hosts file!!!!! (Win Vista & 7 require you to open the file as Administrator)

-Fifth, reboot the Computer

-Sixth, check the Hosts file again to make sure Sauriks string is gone.

-Seventh, restore from iTunes as normal

-Eighth, you might need TU or RecBoot to EXIT Recovery Mode if you get a 1015 or 1013 Error.

Let us know...

worked perfectly fine...thanks alot

Question Stuck in pwned dfu mode-help
    so i tried downgrading my iphone 4 using redsn0w and ireb, it all went great until suddenly the phone went black and i cant get it to turn on or charge, im assuming its still in pwned mode i tried using tinyumbrella restoring via i tunes and the following steps in this post and still nothhing, every time i restore i get error 9134 or 1600 but its still black,

anybody have any ideas what to do next, other than using it as a freaking paperweight>

-yes i have tried holding down power and home button, yet nothing it registers in itunes(i run 10.7 on computer and 11.0 on the other) still nothing

HEEEELLLLPPP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12