Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella TSS not working

Default TinyUmbrella TSS not working
    Hello.
    I don't know if I'm simply retarded, or if this is a legitimate issue, but I can't start TSS in TinyUmbrella. I'm running Windows XP Professional (5.1.2600 SP3) on a Compaq Presario R3055CA. My account has admin privileges.

According to the command "net localgroup administrators" I'm a member of the group, and according to the account information spat out by the command "net users adam", my account is attached to the Administrators and Users groups. I've read through the readme, and through the help page on this site, and it still wont work.
    Any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try temporarily disabling any internet security software running on your computer then open up TU again and see it it works. Fixed it for me when i discovered Kaspersky was blocking TU TSS from running. Turned it back on after I was done with TU.

Still not working. I tried disabling Avast! and it still gives me the "Could not start TSS server" error. Any other ideas?

i have this same issue also
    any one can help?

Thanks

Please contact the developer of the TinyUmbrella software.

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

A few words of warning, though:
    Read the FAQ on his site before e-mailing or "@"/mentioning him in a tweet.
    Read the FAQ again.
    E-mail or tweet him only if you're certain your question is not answered by or addressed in the FAQ.
    The developer maintains that since you didn't purchase this software, you are due the same amount of support. Normally he's nicer than that about it, but not always.
    The developer (Semaphore) /will/ ridicule you publicly (instead of helping you) if you don't follow these suggestions... be warned.

E-mail: xsemaphorex ¡AT! gmail ¡DOT! com.
    Twitter: twitter.com/notcom

Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Atirox (05-05-2011)