Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Emergency SSH access using a pwn'd DFU mode RamDisk

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Wrong keys will do it every time. I'm currently working on a 4.3.3 version of this monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ^Wrong keys will do it every time. I'm currently working on a 4.3.3 version of this monster
    I'm using Windows XP, but it's not working. It's still crashing.I left netbook with Win 7 at work so I can't try it until Tuesday when I go back to work. What's are the steps if I try using it on XP. I'm not the saavy on comp. Can you please show me the steps XP. How do I run admin priveleges. I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right. Thank you

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The steps are the same on XP. When you right-click on a program (like ramdiskbuilder) there's usually an option to 'run as administrator'. It is also an option in properties. If you're using the correct files and the correct keys it should work.

The steps are the same on XP. When you right-click on a program (like ramdiskbuilder) there's usually an option to 'run as administrator'. It is also an option in properties. If you're using the correct files and the correct keys it should work.
    I tried, I think something might be wrong with my ramdiskbuilder. I was able to use my wife's pc and she has Win 7. It still crashes, I'm able to put in keys, but as soon as I click on select ramdisk and select dmg. file it crashes.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Programs should not crash, so you're probably correct.
    Earlier today I downloaded it from the link and had no problems.

Programs should not crash, so you're probably correct.
    Earlier today I downloaded it from the link and had no problems.
    Hi Mes, had no luck, still ramdiskbuilder crashes. Is there any other way around creating ramdisk? I feel that I'm so close but yet so far away.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're trying to build a 4.1 ramdisk? I completed and tested my own 4.1 yesterday. I'll send a link if you need it.
    However, I am worried about your system. This may fix one problem, but more problems may occur later.

You're trying to build a 4.1 ramdisk? I completed and tested my own 4.1 yesterday. I'll send a link if you need it.
    However, I am worried about your system. This may fix one problem, but more problems may occur later.
    Yes please, however both Win 7 & XP don't work for me. It's driving me crazy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Uploading now. I'll edit this post with the temporary link in a few minutes.

This **link removed** will be available for 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Mes; 09-05-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Uploading now. I'll edit this post with the temporary link in a few minutes.

This link will be available for 30 minutes.
    Thank You so much Mes, hopefully I can continue the rest without any problems

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good luck

Good luck
    Thank you, you are not going to believe this....LOL. I've got to laugh but it's not funny. I was about to put 3GS into DFU mode, and realized power button missing. Do you have any idea how I can put 3GS into DFU mode w/o power button? Sorry to bother you with this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha. Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm laughing with you. I have done the same thing.

@krod13 ... there is no way to simulate DFU mode. Seriously! Don't even bother looking. That power button is necessary.

Haha. Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm laughing with you. I have done the same thing.

@krod13 ... there is no way to simulate DFU mode. Seriously! Don't even bother looking. That power button is necessary.
    No problem guess I'm going to have to buy a power button....LOL Oh well thank you anyway. I'll keep you posted....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Let me know. I'll be watching

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

krod13 (09-05-2011)

^Let me know. I'll be watching
    Hi Mes, still waiting on a new power button. But have another question I also have a 3G FW 3.1.2 jailbroken that also is stuck on apple loop. Can I use this method to retrieve my pics, etc... as well.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. It's 50% or so different for 3.x. I put a 3.x link in post #1. Not tested yet

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

krod13 (09-06-2011)

No. It's 50% or so different for 3.x. I put a 3.x link in post #1. Not tested yet
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll read post #!.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Mes,

I tried this on my iPhone 3G[S] iOS v3.1.2 but when executing the initial command I get this:
    CMD:>tetheredboot -i iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.n88 -r 038-0082-001.dmg.ssh
    Initializing libpois0n
    ERROR: The process "iTunes.exe" not found.
    ERROR: The process "iTunesHelper.exe" not found.
    Waiting for device to enter DFU mode
    Found device in DFU mode
    Checking if device is compatible with this jailbreak
    Checking the device type
    Identified device as iPhone2,1
    Preparing to upload limera1n exploit
    Resetting device counters
    Sending chunk headers
    Sending exploit payload
    Sending fake data
    Exploit sent
    Reconnecting to device
    Waiting 2 seconds for the device to pop up...
    Uploading iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu to device
    Unable to upload iBSS
    Unable to find device
    The iPhone has rebooted at this stage.

I then tried your two step process and got the following
    At which it uploaded the first part but then was able to proceed as the iPhone had restarted.

So am I stuffed at being able to access my files? T_T

Hi,

I experienced the boot logo loop on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.3.3) after a Cydia tweak update.
    I was looking for a way to access the system files of my device and found this topic. WinSCP or other ssh utility can't find my device when it's showing the Apple and the spinning wheel.
    I don't know if it is actually working with this firmware version but I managed to do up to point 8. But now I can't go further. I can't "Create/start an SSH session". Each time I try to start an SSH session the device reboots...
    I have a PC with Win 7 x86 and the RebuildRamdisk utility crashes when selecting my restore ramdisk file (038-1449-003.dmg) and without the IV & Key.
    I pwned the ipsw using SnowBreeze 2.7.3 and used the restore ramdisk file from the custom ipsw.
    According to VFDecrypt_Keys (wiki site) the restore ramdisk file is not crypted so I renamed it as 038-1449-003.dmg.ssh and started the firsts steps. Obviously it can't work this way since I need to put the content of the ssh.tar archive into the restore ramdisk file.

I saw on hackint0sh.org that someone managed to do it with the iOS 4.3.1 firmware but using Mac OSx. This firmware is also stated not to be crypted. So I think that it can also work on iOS 4.3.3 firmware. But what I need is the 038-1449-003.dmg.ssh (decrypted and rebuilt).

I would be very grateful to anyone who could help me.
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast