+ Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 272

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Emergency SSH access using a pwn'd DFU mode RamDisk

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
What commands are you using to mount? I think the commands are supposed to be "mount /dev/disk0s1s1 /mnt1" and "mount /dev/disk0s1s2 /mnt2". In iOS 5 or something they changed it
...
  1. #241
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,499
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked 507 Times in 403 Posts

    What commands are you using to mount? I think the commands are supposed to be "mount /dev/disk0s1s1 /mnt1" and "mount /dev/disk0s1s2 /mnt2". In iOS 5 or something they changed it from disk0s1 to disk0s1s1.

    I'm still not sure if you're using the tool I posted or not, but if you are you just enter "mount.sh" and it should mount the partitions onto the appropriate folders automatically.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 10-04-2013 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #242
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, if this mounting technique doesn't work out for you, you could try the "make no erase ipsw" method linked in post #233 above. If you jailbroke with Greenpois0n, then I'm guessing you were on iOS4.x. In which case download the iOS4.x ipsw file for your iPhone and follow the guide to make a non erase ipsw version with which you can then use to do an iTunes shift restore and hence keep your data.

  3. #243
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ===very sorry for the time lag; this site is so buggy for me for some reason - I kept losing my replies so I am copying them out to text file for saves ===

    Hi Zokunei and DC_Dave - DC - thanks for joining, I really appreciate it. I saw your post and had certainly put it next on the list to try. I am so far into this other attempt at the moment and so close that I don't want to abandon it yet.

    Zokunei - I am sorry that a previous reply did not get posted where I answered the all-important "what am I using" question. I am using the post from msftguy
    Mostly iPhone hacking: Automatic SSH ramdisk creation and loading and his YouTube on the same: Automatic SSH iPhone ramdisk - YouTube

    As far as I can tell it's the same as you are mentioning except it seems that you are saying that I don't have to enter any mount commands via SSH etc. I attached my run log.

    NEW INFO sort of - - my son, who previously managed my wife's phone says he *thinks* he upgraded it to OS6 but that it might still be on 5. Do any of the mount commands differ between 5 and 6? I'm guessing yes...

    I'm a COBOL programmer from waaaay back so I have looked at the /bin/mount.sh code and ripped out the 4 mount commands - 2 for OS5 and 2 for OS4 and ran them from terminal in WinSCP - I attached the error screen shot of each but here are the commands I used and the basic results - I am certain they mean something to you:
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s1 /mnt1 results in: failed with return code 1; Get Master Block: Error 2 opening /dev/disk0s1s1 /mnt1 then "mount_hfs: no such file or directory:

    It's the same error from each command :
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /mnt1
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s2 /mnt2
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2
    The following are the actual screen shots from the mount commands but really nothing I haven't said above.

    MOUNT1_OS5.jpg
    MOUNT1_NotOS5.jpg
    MOUNT2_OS5.jpg
    MOUNT2_OS4.jpg

    Thanks again - as you can see from my previous post, WinSCP has me viewing the phone and everything except mnt1 and 2....
    Also - what is protocol for this site - - is it considered overboard to give a THANKS with every reply?

  4. #244
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I am trying to reply but my replies from 10am this morning are still not up on the site. It is now 11pm...
    Here is the summary of what I have done so far...

    I have used this: Mostly iPhone hacking: Automatic SSH ramdisk creation and loading
    to create a ramdisk and WinSCP into my stalled-in-recover-mode iPhone4. I am all the way into the phone and can see all folders including mnt1 and 2. However the last step in the directions have me issuing a mount.sh command that results in the following error:
    Could not mount system volume; retry later or file a bug.
    Could not mount user data volume; retry later or file a bug.

    When I look into the code behind the mount.sh I see that it is attempting to figure out which OS I have like this:
    if [ -z $MNT1 ]
    then
    if [ -b /dev/disk0s1s1 ]
    then # iOS5
    echo "Mounting /dev/disk0s1s1 on /mnt1 .."
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s1 /mnt1
    else
    at the end, after trying 2 mount commands for MNT1 and 2 for MNT2 it fails and produces the message shown above.

    If I try to perform the mount commands myself I get the errors:
    /bin$ mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s1 /mnt1
    GetMasterBlock: Error 2 opening /dev/rdisk0s1s1
    GetMasterBlock: Error 2 opening /dev/rdisk0s1s1
    mount_hfs: No such file or directory

    It doesn't matter which of the four commands I enter I get the same result. I am pretty sure that
    there is something very basic that I am missing in order to get the mount to work.
    According to what I can understand from the mount.sh code it seems not to be programmed
    specifically for iOS6 - is the mount different for iOS6?

    Thanks for whatever you can provide. I feel that I am knock, knock, knocking on heavens door...

  5. #245
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Well I got all the way through to the mount command and it fails. I tried manually using all the mount commands from the mount.sh program in /bin but no go there either. I searched and searched and tried many different thing and then went back to zero and tried the instructions from DC_Dave above -- I really thought that was going to work but I got all the way to the end and redsn0w told me it could not use my version ipsw (iPhone3,3_6.1.3_10B329_Restore). Tried many things in redsn0w to no success. I am truly stumped. The phone now will not show any display but based on log in Tiny Umbrella it is connecting in DFU. I also got ireb to load it pwndDFU and such so I believe it is working in that way. I really believe all I need is the new mount commands for iOS6 and the original solution from msftguy will work but I can't find the command anywhere. If you can help I sure would appreciate it. I've been in front of the computer for 3 full weekends straight until 2am. Not kidding. Thanks.

    I really thought that was going to work but I got all the way to the end and redsn0w told me it could not use my version ipsw (iPhone3,3_6.1.3_10B329_Restore). Tried many things in redsn0w to no success. I am truly stumped. The phone now will not show any display but based on log in Tiny Umbrella it is connecting in DFU. I also got ireb to load it pwndDFU and such-- so I believe it is working in that way. I really believe all I need is the new mount commands for iOS6 and the original solution from msftguy will work but I can't find the command anywhere - or if I could get redsn0w to recognize my ipsw (doesn't make sense to me that it doesn't recoginize). If you can help I sure would appreciate it. I've been in front of the computer for 3 full weekends straight until 2am. Not kidding. Thanks.
    Last edited by iP4Nub; 10-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.

  6. #246
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, last time I restored iOS6 on my iphone 4 a few months ago, I couldn't get Redsnow to work. However iFaith worked and I didn't need to use TinyUmbrella as I used iFaith to stitch my SHSH blobs to the ipsw first. You might try this first and then make a no_erase_ipsw file from this stitched ipsw. Next shift restore from the no_erase_ipsw you just made. However, I have not tried this part on iOS6, but I do know it worked on iOS4. Hey, you could even try to see if the no_erase_ipsw_exe will work on an iOS7 ipsw.

  7. #247
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Dave-you have no idea how grateful I am to get a reply. I actually don't realky know what I'm doing but being an ex-mainframe programner I can follow directions and figure stuff out. What the heck us 'stiching'? And do you have any idea what the mount command is for ios6. I still think the msftguy routine would work.. I was all the way into the phone. Update: phone is almost a brick. If it wasn't for tiny umbrella log telling me my connection type I'd be lost. Nothing but black screen - ever. Also somewhere in the million downloads I did over the last 3 weeks I picked up a virus and cannot connect to any Internet site except google and yahoo. Running a scan now. Ugh.

  8. #248
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,499
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked 507 Times in 403 Posts

    Sorry I stopped replying, but I was somewhere with no connection over the weekend. To clarify, the method I posted is supposed to give you access if you follow these steps:
    Connect your phone in DFU mode.
    Run the program and wait until it's done
    SSH with the provided info
    Enter "mount.sh" into the prompt (this instruction should show up when you start the prompt).

    Also, do you have an idea of what's keeping your phone from booting in the first place?

    I actually ran into the iOS 6 mount commands before. I'll see if I can find them again.

    Ok, the commands for iOS 5 and iOS 6 should be the same, and they work on my device running 6.1.3. They are "mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s1" and "mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s2", but I believe you already tried these.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 10-06-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  9. #249
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, to restore to an earlier iOS, you need the SHSH blobs for that version. TinyUmbrella would use these during the restore. However a method of building a custom ipsw was developed and this inserted or stitched your blobs into the ipsw so that you no longer needed to run TinyUmbrella.
    Here is a guide for downgrading iOS7 to 6.1.3, but is the same for 6.1.3 to 6.1.3
    Downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 using iFaith
    Note... Make sure you have the correct iTunes installed, not the latest one!
    When you have created the signed custom ipsw, you would normally shift restore to install iOS6.1.3. BUT this would wipe your data! Instead you now need to run the make_noerase_ipsw_r1.exe to get the non erase version. (Again I have only tried this on iOS4) you may even need to re-stitch your SHSH blobs to your generated non_erase _ipsw.

  10. #250
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Sorry I stopped replying, but I was somewhere with no connection over the weekend. To clarify, the method I posted is supposed to give you access if you follow these steps:
    • Connect your phone in DFU mode.
    • Run the program and wait until it's done
    • SSH with the provided info
    • Enter "mount.sh" into the prompt (this instruction should show up when you start the prompt).

    Also, do you have an idea of what's keeping your phone from booting in the first place?

    I actually ran into the iOS 6 mount commands before. I'll see if I can find them again.

    Ok, the commands for iOS 5 and iOS 6 should be the same, and they work on my device running 6.1.3. They are "mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s1" and "mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1s2", but I believe you already tried these.
    Thanks so much for the reply. I can't belive you weren't sitting by the computer waiting for me to need help... sheesh. lol.
    Right - I tried those mounts - actually the mount.sh program tries them first - that is where the error comes from originally.
    I don't know why the phone won't boot. It stopped when my son shut it off during iOS7 upgrade - - the beginning of my problems. The phone now won't even show me anything. Occasionally I get the right sequence of events (tiny umb-->fix recovery) that causes a white screen and then the greenpoisi0n header followed by an attempt to reboot - -- that used to end with the connect to iTunes, it now ends up at a black screen. As I noted earlier, the only way I know what's going on is via tiny umb's log that tells me when I am in DFU and when not. redsn0w also confirms pwndDFU (or is it iREB?). I'm really stuck. Dead end. I hate dead ends. I will work at something until my fingers fall off if I have things to try. I just wish I knew why the mount command won't work - - that would solve everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, to restore to an earlier iOS, you need the SHSH blobs for that version. TinyUmbrella would use these during the restore. However a method of building a custom ipsw was developed and this inserted or stitched your blobs into the ipsw so that you no longer needed to run TinyUmbrella.
    Here is a guide for downgrading iOS7 to 6.1.3, but is the same for 6.1.3 to 6.1.3
    Downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 using iFaith

    Note... Make sure you have the correct iTunes installed, not the latest one!
    When you have created the signed custom ipsw, you would normally shift restore to install iOS6.1.3. BUT this would wipe your data! Instead you now need to run the make_noerase_ipsw_r1.exe to get the non erase version. (Again I have only tried this on iOS4) you may even need to re-stitch your SHSH blobs to your generated non_erase _ipsw.
    Hi DC - I will definitely try your suggestion tonight. Sneaking in a peek here today from work over lunch but won't be able to do anything substantial until around 7 tonight. If you guys could find the time to ck back later tonight that would be great. Do you have any idea if I take my semi-bricked phone to Apple Store in Manhattan, and tell them it bricked during iOS7 upgrade - and that I don't want it restored.... will they do anything? I gotta believe they have a way... no? thanks again guy - - can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by iP4Nub View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply. I can't belive you weren't sitting by the computer waiting for me to need help... sheesh. lol.
    Right - I tried those mounts - actually the mount.sh program tries them first - that is where the error comes from originally.
    I don't know why the phone won't boot. It stopped when my son shut it off during iOS7 upgrade - - the beginning of my problems. The phone now won't even show me anything. Occasionally I get the right sequence of events (tiny umb-->fix recovery) that causes a white screen and then the greenpoisi0n header followed by an attempt to reboot - -- that used to end with the connect to iTunes, it now ends up at a black screen. As I noted earlier, the only way I know what's going on is via tiny umb's log that tells me when I am in DFU and when not. redsn0w also confirms pwndDFU (or is it iREB?). I'm really stuck. Dead end. I hate dead ends. I will work at something until my fingers fall off if I have things to try. I just wish I knew why the mount command won't work - - that would solve everything.



    Hi DC - I will definitely try your suggestion tonight. Sneaking in a peek here today from work over lunch but won't be able to do anything substantial until around 7 tonight. If you guys could find the time to ck back later tonight that would be great. Do you have any idea if I take my semi-bricked phone to Apple Store in Manhattan, and tell them it bricked during iOS7 upgrade - and that I don't want it restored.... will they do anything? I gotta believe they have a way... no? thanks again guy - - can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
    sorry for the huge quote inclusion...

    One more question -- is there a way to know (maybe from the last iCloud backup?) what version iOS is running? Any of the tools tell me that?
    Last edited by iP4Nub; 10-07-2013 at 10:30 AM.

  11. #251
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, I was going through the user posts from the "SSH RAM disk creation" link and noticed this one about mounting problems

    Turns out I wasn't able to mount disk0s2s1 because it was corrupted.
    Repaired it with
    fsck_hfs -q /dev/disk0s2s1
    fsck_hfs -r /dev/disk0s2s1
    mount.sh

  12. #252
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ok - just read all the instr's for the downgrade using iFaith. Simple enough. But I have a couple of questions if you could be so kind.
    1. I of course don't have the info I need off of my Wife's phone backed up or I would just restore. Actually i have everything except pictures because the iCloud filled up and she didn't realize it. The downgrade won't erase anything on the phone - right?
    2. the original issue was phone turned off during iOS7 install - - before it was completed. I am unsure of the version she was running prior to that. So - I also don't have any saved SHSH of any kind. Can I download one or is it phone specific? I've learned quite a bit over the last several days but I don't quite get the SHSH deal. I am hoping I can download one and use it....

    Thanks as always.

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, I was going through the user posts from the "SSH RAM disk creation" link and noticed this one about mounting problems

    Turns out I wasn't able to mount disk0s2s1 because it was corrupted.
    Repaired it with
    fsck_hfs -q /dev/disk0s2s1
    fsck_hfs -r /dev/disk0s2s1
    mount.sh
    DC - - yeah I saw that too - - I tried the FSCK_HFS - - last Friday - - I don't honestly remember the result but it was something like it couldn't find the drive. I will try again and see because I don't remember doing the -q option
    Last edited by iP4Nub; 10-07-2013 at 11:05 AM.

  13. #253
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iP4Nub View Post
    ok - just read all the instr's for the downgrade using iFaith. Simple enough. But I have a couple of questions if you could be so kind.
    1. I of course don't have the info I need off of my Wife's phone backed up or I would just restore. Actually i have everything except pictures because the iCloud filled up and she didn't realize it. The downgrade won't erase anything on the phone - right?
    2. the original issue was phone turned off during iOS7 install - - before it was completed. I am unsure of the version she was running prior to that. So - I also don't have any saved SHSH of any kind. Can I download one or is it phone specific? I've learned quite a bit over the last several days but I don't quite get the SHSH deal. I am hoping I can download one and use it....
    Hi,
    1) if you downgrade or restore with the stock ipsw, you will always erase your data. But if you shift restore with a the non_erase_ispw, your data should remain intact.
    2) If you haven't got any SHSH blobs, then you can't downgrade. You would have to try making a non_erase_ipsw for iOS7, but I have no idea if that would work??!
    You can use iFaith to check the Cydia servers for any SHSH blobs it may have. Also iFaith can normally pull off a working iPhone 4 it's current SHSh blobs, so that would be worth trying and yes they are specific to each iDevice

  14. #254
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, I am posting a link on how to dump an image of disk0 to a mac. The main problem is on iOS6 it's encrypted. I have done this on a working iPad2 on iOS6.1. I don't know how you would decrypt it though, but at least you would have an image dump should you deside to restore your iPhone to stock at some point. Back on iOS3, when it wasn't encrypted so you could use Photorec to pull photos off the image.

    Guide: Recover Lost or Deleted Photos/Files on iPhone 3G/S (Jailbroken) on a Mac

  15. #255
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, I am posting a link on how to dump an image of disk0 to a mac. The main problem is on iOS6 it's encrypted. I have done this on a working iPad2 on iOS6.1. I don't know how you would decrypt it though, but at least you would have an image dump should you deside to restore your iPhone to stock at some point. Back on iOS3, when it wasn't encrypted so you could use Photorec to pull photos off the image.

    Guide: Recover Lost or Deleted Photos/Files on iPhone 3G/S (Jailbroken) on a Mac
    Looks like I'll be back at it this weekend. I'm so busy at work I can't see straight -- 7am to 11pm... Thanks very much for the info. Really appreciate it. I tried 4 different Apple stores this week and got the same answer at all 4 - - Restore.

    Whoops - - "This method requires a functioning Jailbroken iPhone" - unfortunately my phone is stuck in DFU. Any idea of I pull the battery if maybe the iOS7 upgrade would get 'lost' and the phone would return to normal?
    Last edited by iP4Nub; 10-10-2013 at 04:40 PM.

  16. #256
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,499
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked 507 Times in 403 Posts

    I've heard of a "semi-restore." It's supposed to be like a normal restore but it only restores the system files and doesn't erase your data. Have you tried that?

  17. #257
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iP4Nub View Post
    Whoops - - "This method requires a functioning Jailbroken iPhone" - unfortunately my phone is stuck in DFU. Any idea of I pull the battery if maybe the iOS7 upgrade would get 'lost' and the phone would return to normal?
    Hi, not sure, but if you got the "automatic SSH ram disk creation" to work except the mounting part, then so long as you can SSH into your iPhone, the image dump to a mac using the dd command way work. Although its encrypted, it may be something you want to save before you restore your phone to stock.

    The battery disconnect would be worth trying as a last resort, I have read of people doing it when they can't connect to iTunes.

    Did iFaith pull any SHSH blobs off for you? If not, I will try a make_no_erase_ipsw.exe on an iPhone iOS7 ipsw to see if it makes a non erase version to restore to.

  18. #258
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I've heard of a "semi-restore." It's supposed to be like a normal restore but it only restores the system files and doesn't erase your data. Have you tried that?
    You guys are really great. I sure wish there is something I can do for you some day. I have not heard of this but will start the search for it. Thanks Zokunei.

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, not sure, but if you got the "automatic SSH ram disk creation" to work except the mounting part, then so long as you can SSH into your iPhone, the image dump to a mac using the dd command way work. Although its encrypted, it may be something you want to save before you restore your phone to stock.

    The battery disconnect would be worth trying as a last resort, I have read of people doing it when they can't connect to iTunes.

    Did iFaith pull any SHSH blobs off for you? If not, I will try a make_no_erase_ipsw.exe on an iPhone iOS7 ipsw to see if it makes a non erase version to restore to.
    I did get most of the way through the iFaith method and 'something happened' - I will have to dig out notes and give that another shot because I can't remember. I am trying the dd command today and also the make_no_erase_ipsw for iOS7 if I can figure that out. I think I just need to find an iOS7 IPSW - hopefully on that IPSW site I got the original iOS6 one.

    Thanks again men. I will report back later today.
    Last edited by iP4Nub; 10-11-2013 at 04:55 AM.

  19. #259
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Just out of curiosity, is this the method that Gecko iPhone toolkit is more or less based on?

    Currently I'm trying to recover data from my iPod Touch 4G.

    Gecko iPhone Toolkit loads up it's Ramdisk and my iPod displays
    Code:
    listening port 1999 and running /sbin/sshd
    I try connecting with PuTTY to localhost:2222, doesn't work. I get "Network error: Connection refused".

    EDIT:
    Apperently, GIT doesn't usbmux to forward the ports until you run their bruteforce script (which I don't want to do because I'm not trying to crack my passcode, I'm just recovering data).

    So I used itunnelmux.exe --lport 22

    Code:
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\itunnel_mux_rev71>itunnel_mux.exe --lport 22
    [ERROR] locate_AMRecoveryModeDeviceSendFileToDevice: Could not locate function p
    rolog!
    [INFO] Waiting for new TCP connection on port 22
    [INFO] Waiting for device...
    [INFO] Device connected: ramdisk tool Dec  1 2011 14:40:41
    At this point I run PuTTY, pointing it to localhost and port 22, this time it doesn't refuse the conection, but the itunnelmux windows says this:

    Code:
    [INFO] Info: New connection...
    [ERROR] AMDeviceConnect = -402653083
    [ERROR] Error: Device Connect
    And of course PuTTY just hangs
    Last edited by iPhooey; 10-17-2013 at 03:07 PM.

  20. #260
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,499
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked 507 Times in 403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhooey View Post
    Currently I'm trying to recover data from my iPod Touch 4G.
    Hi, the method I posted a while back should work on any iPod touch 4G unless it's too corrupted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I found this tool that does pretty much everything automatically for 2010 (A4) and earlier devices, and tested it with iOS 6.1. Mostly iPhone hacking: Automatic SSH ramdisk creation and loading
    It even mounts the partitions on /mnt1 and /mnt2 (for example, /var/mobile is /mnt2/mobile). All I had to do in OS X was run it and connect with the ssh and scp commands. It's built with Java, so it runs on any operating system.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 09-09-2014, 12:21 PM
  2. 07-26-2014, 10:06 PM
  3. 07-14-2014, 12:44 AM
  4. 06-24-2014, 12:13 AM
  5. 06-15-2014, 08:32 PM
  6. 06-04-2014, 11:14 AM
  7. 05-30-2014, 05:52 AM
  8. 05-27-2014, 05:18 AM
  9. 05-25-2014, 09:05 AM
  10. 05-03-2014, 04:47 AM
  11. 05-03-2014, 03:02 AM
  12. 04-23-2014, 11:42 AM
  13. 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM
  14. 03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
  15. 02-14-2014, 09:36 AM
  16. 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM
  17. 12-14-2013, 02:52 PM
  18. 12-06-2013, 10:41 PM
  19. 11-14-2013, 07:01 AM
  20. 10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
  21. 08-15-2013, 07:08 PM
  22. 07-18-2013, 01:28 PM
  23. 07-16-2013, 07:37 PM
  24. 07-14-2013, 08:08 AM
  25. 06-23-2013, 12:04 AM
  26. 05-21-2013, 04:10 AM
  27. 05-11-2013, 03:14 AM
  28. 05-05-2013, 07:07 AM
  29. 05-02-2013, 06:42 AM
  30. 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM
  31. 02-19-2013, 06:37 AM
  32. 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
  33. 02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
  34. 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM
  35. 01-27-2013, 07:16 AM
  36. 01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
  37. 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM
  38. 12-28-2012, 08:42 AM
  39. 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
  40. 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
  41. 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM
  42. 11-20-2012, 08:00 AM
  43. 11-20-2012, 02:51 AM
  44. 10-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  45. 10-19-2012, 09:15 AM
  46. 09-27-2012, 08:26 PM
  47. 09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
  48. 09-19-2012, 05:19 AM
  49. 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM
  50. 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts