Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Emergency SSH access using a pwn'd DFU mode RamDisk

I found another way, I don't know who makes a software for to bypass, but it's awsome,
    you need to only download the software and this software makes everything, it has itunnelmux, and don't matter if you dont have the ramsdiks or VDF, its easy.

You make only the lasts steps the commands when you will mount the apple's drive; through ssh software like WinSCP

Quote Originally Posted by dLincourt View Post
    I found another way, I don't know who makes a software for to bypass, but it's awsome,
    you need to only download the software and this software makes everything, it has itunnelmux, and don't matter if you dont have the ramsdiks or VDF, its easy.

You make only the lasts steps the commands when you will mount the apple's drive; through ssh software like WinSCP
    What is it called?

I forgot to put the name,

This is:
    "Gecko iPhone Toolkit.exe"
    on this web you can find all the steps:

"http://absinthejailbreak.com/fix-iphone-disabled-passcode-stuck-on-apple-logo/"

I never readed, hahaaha, it works on iPhone 4 5.1.1 without jailbreak, I made by my own risk, because, i hadn't another choice, the iPhone was stuck on "Emergency logo".

but you can try with Gecko Toolkit.

you Never tried with the steps for to go on emergency ssh access the iDevice will stuck on apple's logo, only making run redsn0w after did this the iDevice will work again. (I did that and I almost brick the phone).

and another suggestion, download the "iPhone*,*_5.0.1_*****_Restore.ipsw" (5.0.1 iDevice firmware) because the software will not work on 5.1.1 but it will make the magic.

well... sorry I speak spanish, my language is not english

I hope to helpful

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dLincourt For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (10-24-2012)

Lightbulb plzzz help
    m stuck at step 9...
    using putty
    its sayin unknown option "-p"
    (dun hv much knowlege abt
    deze clients...putty, cygwin etc)

Quote Originally Posted by hardikarora26 View Post
    m stuck at step 9...
    using putty
    its sayin unknown option "-p"
    (dun hv much knowlege abt
    deze clients...putty, cygwin etc)
    what are you trying to do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

I seem to have forgotten my SSH password...I don't know that I actually "need" it, I was just playing around and can't login via WinSCP with root/alpine or any of my other common passwords. Is there a file I can delete or alter via iFile and reset my login info to the defaults in case I DO need that type of access in the future?

iphone 4s running 6.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    I seem to have forgotten my SSH password...I don't know that I actually "need" it, I was just playing around and can't login via WinSCP with root/alpine or any of my other common passwords. Is there a file I can delete or alter via iFile and reset my login info to the defaults in case I DO need that type of access in the future?

iphone 4s running 6.1
    Hi, came across this post last week, it might help

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu - forgot my SSH password!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

BrainSmashR (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, came across this post last week, it might help

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu - forgot my SSH password!
    Awesome

That worked, use the second code and the user name is root, not SU

Hi, my iPad 1, is in a boot loop, but no Apple Logo does appear. It tries to boot for 2-3 seconds, than it just reboots.
    I have tried everything, the problem with jailbreaking and exploiting is that after injection the device automatically reboots, and than it can't be found anymore. Neither by iTunes or any Jailbreaking Software.

tetheredboot.exe -i iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.k48 -r 038-3715-001.dmg.ssh

Initializing libpois0n
    FEHLER: Der Prozess "iTunes.exe" wurde nicht gefunden.
    FEHLER: Der Prozess "iTunesHelper.exe" wurde nicht gefunden.
    Waiting for device to enter DFU mode
    Found device in DFU mode
    Checking if device is compatible with this jailbreak
    Checking the device type
    Identified device as iPad1,1
    Preparing to upload limera1n exploit
    Resetting device counters
    Sending chunk headers
    Sending exploit payload
    Sending fake data
    Exploit sent
    Reconnecting to device
    Waiting 2 seconds for the device to pop up...
    Uploading iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu to device

Here it reboots, and after that any connection is lost, and we are in a boot loop again
    Unable to upload iBSS
    Unable to find device

Can anybody help?

Default zlib1.dll
    I was about to initiate step 6 then i had a problem. The tetheredboot utility wont run because cmd prompt says there is no zlib1.dll file. What do i do?

Hi guys,
    first of all many thanks for this guide. since it is now ios 6.1.3 up to date i tryed to modify all in the way it is mentioned above. I created a custom ispw, so far so good.
    My problem starts at running ramdiskbuilder which gets me an error like:

Decrypt OK (does not prove the key is correct)
    Hfs.hfslib_open() failed; recheck the iv/key!
    Exception: External component has thrown an exception.; at RamdiskBuilder.Hfs.hfslib_open(String path)
    at RamdiskBuilder.MainWindow.ProcessFile(String droppedFile)
    SHA1 Hash: 5097A7C32E92292B472ACE2F12D44FACDB7E7206
    KBAG: 010000000001000097DDBCA2DBED4435F0CE22FDAEAA898688 2B538EF7BFB0374C5F57A5DD63CCE84F3A1EE06579F135EDA5 9125AD4C9BD9
    Decrypt OK (does not prove the key is correct)
    HFS opened OK (key is good)
    Volume size: 13099008, tar size: 2928640
    HFS Extend OK, extended 3075072 bytes
    Untar failed!
    Exception: Untar failed!; at RamdiskBuilder.MainWindow.ProcessFile(String droppedFile)

It seems to me that rdb is not able to extract the ssh.tar file

I have no idea anymore what to do

I can extract the ssh.tar file with winrar thats what i know....

Please help me i am lost

has anybody succesful used this approach for ios 6.1.3?????

BTW: My english sucks, hope you can understand

Many thanks for all

@clackin
    in case you still need help with zlib1.dll:
    try to find this file on your pc (use search) and copy it to the folder you are starting tetheredboot.exe
    Cheers
    Last edited by bickachu; 08-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Hi Guys,
    so I solved the probs with the ssh.tar file. I extracted it and then I zipped it again (same name, original file deleted before).
    This means I am able to build the ram disk. But I encountered e new problem by uploading the --007.dmg.ssh file.
    error message: unable to upload (btw uploading the iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu file worked nicely).

My next try was to upload the 2 remaining files via itunnel mux, using the command given above.

But it stucks while waiting for a device in recovery mode......

When I now trying to bring the device in recovery mode it starts to upload but with no end (mean the prompt in the commander for new commands does not appear)
    I don't know what is the state of the phone in this moment.
    Afterwards I tried to forward ssh connection to usb using: itunnel_mux --lport 22
    no success

I am hopeless in this moment, if somebody have solved these problems I would really appreciate any help.....

BTW I have an Iphone 4 with 6.1.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, on a slightly different note, there is a windows utility called make_noerase_ipsw_r1.exe which gets your ipsw and modifies its ramdisk so that a shift restore does not wipe your data. I have used it on my iPhone 4 in the past, but not tried it on iOS6 (yet). However I have tried it on an iOS6 ipsw and it did create a non erase version.

Read post #18 at
    iphone 4 - stuck in infinite boot loop - Page 2
    After the restore, I didn't do the jailbreak steps as indicated in the post as my main task was to update my iTunes backup. Once I had a good backup backed up, I did a restore from the unmodified ipsw, then jailbroke.
    It would be nice to know if it works on iOS6 if anyone fancies a go.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-17-2013 at 05:33 AM.

I found this tool that does pretty much everything automatically for 2010 (A4) and earlier devices, and tested it with iOS 6.1. Mostly iPhone hacking: Automatic SSH ramdisk creation and loading
    It even mounts the partitions on /mnt1 and /mnt2 (for example, /var/mobile is /mnt2/mobile). All I had to do in OS X was run it and connect with the ssh and scp commands. It's built with Java, so it runs on any operating system.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 09-16-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Default Newbie so pls forgive
    I have iP4 that was turned off during iOS7 upgrade. The phone was previously jb with greenp0ison. Now stuck in the reboot/recovery loop. Tried everything I can find - tinyumbrella, Wondershare, recBoot, many others. Some recognize the phone is there some don't.

It sounds like I am at the point of needing a deep-dive like described here but I don;t have the mad skills to do it. I don't know if this is allow'd but can I offer to pay for someone to do it for me?

Is it ok to post communication info here?

theNub

Quote Originally Posted by iP4Nub View Post
    I have iP4 that was turned off during iOS7 upgrade. The phone was previously jb with greenp0ison. Now stuck in the reboot/recovery loop. Tried everything I can find - tinyumbrella, Wondershare, recBoot, many others. Some recognize the phone is there some don't.

It sounds like I am at the point of needing a deep-dive like described here but I don;t have the mad skills to do it. I don't know if this is allow'd but can I offer to pay for someone to do it for me?

Is it ok to post communication info here?

theNub
    Did you try the solution I posted just before your post? I'm not sure if it works for iOS 7, but you should be able to do it as long as you can enter DFU mode. If you need help with that you can ask me.

Man o Man if you could help ... I am sooo close. I just cannot mount the drives. I am in WinScp and can see the phone root etc.... but in Putty the mount.sh command returns the dreaded
    Could not mount system volume; retry later or file a bug.
    Could not mount user data volume; retry later or file a bug.
    I have tried everything I can find but cannot get by that. Since I am so new on this I am not sure if I can start all over or what. My phone is sitting with the spinning wheel for 2 hours now.
    I feel I am so close but do not know what to try and am afraid of not being able to get back to this point again.
    Thanks Zokunei!

I also tried firing up WonderShare's Dr. Fone and where it previously could not get into the phone, it appeared that it alllmost got it. It wanted me to restart though and I was unwilling to do that.
    Last edited by iP4Nub; 10-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iP4Nub View Post
    Man o Man if you could help ... I am sooo close. I just cannot mount the drives. I am in WinScp and can see the phone root etc.... but in Putty the mount.sh command returns the dreaded
    Could not mount system volume; retry later or file a bug.
    Could not mount user data volume; retry later or file a bug.
    I have tried everything I can find but cannot get by that. Since I am so new on this I am not sure if I can start all over or what. My phone is sitting with the spinning wheel for 2 hours now.
    I feel I am so close but do not know what to try and am afraid of not being able to get back to this point again.
    Thanks Zokunei!

I also tried firing up WonderShare's Dr. Fone and where it previously could not get into the phone, it appeared that it alllmost got it. It wanted me to restart though and I was unwilling to do that.
    Restarting your phone won't do any harm. The last time I did emergency access I rebooted probably a dozen times because I kept thinking of different files I had to recover. What method are you using that gets you to where you need to mount the partitions? The method I posted a couple weeks ago contains a simple command you run once that mounts them until you reboot.

Ok - that helps to know that. I will have to search back to find your post from a couple of weeks ago but I thought it was the same program that I am using that I got off of a msftguy post: Automatic SSH iPhone ramdisk - YouTube
    but his version requires a mount.sh command to be executed in terminal from WinSCP or Putty at the point that it gains access to the phone. If the drives could mount automatically that would be great but I wonder why they would mount then and not for me. Wouldn't the command be the same?
    Thanks so much for the assist. My issue was: wife phone, no backup, 1,000 of photos she treasures, I bought iCloud space and started the backup and told her not to leave the WiFi.... she left in the car with daughter who started iOS7 update, wife freeked and came running into the house, freeked out my son who grabbed the phone and shut it off. OMG. What a saga. At certain points when I get the phone to partially try to restart via TinyUmbrella it shows that greenp0ison is installed - - no idea how that happened. Phone tries to boot and goes to recovery mode loop. That's where I am. Been working days and days on this. Thanks again.

Default WinScp Screen shot
    If this helps... then I need to hit the hay... thanks again. Man I am so close.

Untitled.jpg

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast