+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 stuck on the connect to iTunes screen

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I am trying to get my iPhone restored and have a major problem. I have an iphone 4 that was jailbroken with "Jailbreakme.com" on a Mac and it was on
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 stuck on the connect to iTunes screen
    I am trying to get my iPhone restored and have a major problem. I have an iphone 4 that was jailbroken with "Jailbreakme.com" on a Mac and it was on 4.0.1 with TMobile. I have tried to restore it and have had nothing but problems. Please help me get my phone back in shape..Wayne

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waynegfx View Post
    I am trying to get my iPhone restored and have a major problem. I have an iphone 4 that was jailbroken with "Jailbreakme.com" on a Mac and it was on 4.0.1 with TMobile. I have tried to restore it and have had nothing but problems. Please help me get my phone back in shape..Wayne
    Enter DFU and restore

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have tried to restore but my iphone is jailbroken and there is no unlock for the new IPSW so everytime I try to do a custom PWNAGE IPSW it won't restore. HELP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you have SHSH blobs saved via Cydia or other source I would use Tiny Umbrella to DFU restore your phone using a stock 4.2.1 firmware. Tiny Umbrella should preserve your current Baseband. After that run GreenPois0n rc5 to jailbreak and the install your unlock via Cydia.

Tiny Umbrella and GreenPois0n rc5 are both available for Windows and Mac so they should work for you I hope.

Here's a link to Tiny Umbrella's Guide on their site The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella: Prevent iPhone4 Baseband Update

Remember: You must have SHSH blobs for Tiny Umbrella to work and absolutely make sure the TSS Server is Running. If you don't have the TSS Server running when you restore your phone it will not preserve your baseband.
    Last edited by Quildar; 03-28-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Additional info

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Quildar For This Useful Post:

waynegfx (03-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If (Hopefully) this works, will I still be able to unlock it? I am with TMobile. Thank You so much

Sorry,,,,just re read your post,,,I'm just so frazzled trying to fix this d**ned Phone....Wayne

These are the SHSH Blobs I have on Tiny Umbrella....
    4.0.1 (8A306)
    iPhone4 4.0.2 (8A400)
    iPhone4 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone4 4.2.1 (8C148)
    iPhone4 4.2b3 (8C5115c)
    iPhone4 4.3.1 (8G4)

THe problem I have is to get the phone into DFU mode, I can't get it to turn off being stuck in "Connect to iTunes"

How do I use Tiny Umbrella to DFU restore? I don't understand that at all, I have looked all over for it and can't find out what that means.
    Last edited by waynegfx; 03-28-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 775 Posts

If (Hopefully) this works, will I still be able to unlock it? I am with TMobile. Thank You so much

Sorry,,,,just re read your post,,,I'm just so frazzled trying to fix this d**ned Phone....Wayne

These are the SHSH Blobs I have on Tiny Umbrella....
    4.0.1 (8A306)
    • iPhone4 4.0.2 (8A400)
    • iPhone4 4.1 (8B117)
    • iPhone4 4.2.1 (8C148)
    • iPhone4 4.2b3 (8C5115c)
    • iPhone4 4.3.1 (8G4)

THe problem I have is to get the phone into DFU mode, I can't get it to turn off being stuck in "Connect to iTunes"

How do I use Tiny Umbrella to DFU restore? I don't understand that at all, I have looked all over for it and can't find out what that means.
    First, relax Wayne!

Your good to restore your phone w/ those blobs.

In TinyUmbrella, there is a button that can put your phone into DFU mode. Click that and ur on your way!

Thanks

If u want to manually put ur phone in DFU mode:
    -Plug in your phone to the computer
    -Hold down Power button for five seconds
    -Continue holding the Power button and, now, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds
    -Continue holding down the Home button and release the Power Button. Do this for 7-10 seconds.
    -Your computer will detect when your phone is in DFU mode

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Toxis (04-03-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem. I upgraded to Cydia v1.1 and phone remained in boot mode.
    I've done the following:
    1. Enter DFU mode.
    2. Started Tiny Umbrella. Started TSS server. Under recovery devices, shows me ECID (DEC) 457522620 & ECID (HEX) 1B453DBC. Nothing listed under Saved SHSHs for 457522620. Device model - INVALID.
    3. Started iTunes.
    4. Attempted regular restore to existing v4.0.1, soft restoring to v4.0.1 & v4.1.
    5. All attempts yield, "The iPhone could not be restored. An uknown error has ocurred (3002)."
    6. iPhone reamins at iTunes logo with cord connect screen, DFU mode.
    7. Eventually I was able to get restore to work. However, the progress bar moves ~3/4 way across, using both v4.0.1 or v.4.1, then errors. Now, instead of being stuck on boot screen , I'm now stuck at restore screen with iTunes and cord icons.
    8. I have iPhone 4, v 4.0.1, with SHSH's saved on Cydia. However, I dont see any of them when using Tiny Umbrella.
    9. Please help!!
    Last edited by Qletis; 03-28-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qletis View Post
    I am having the same problem. I upgraded to Cydia v1.1 and phone remained in boot mode.
    I've done the following:
    1. Enter DFU mode.
    2. Started Tiny Umbrella. Started TSS server. Under recovery devices, shows me ECID (DEC) 457522620 & ECID (HEX) 1B453DBC. Nothing listed under Saved SHSHs for 457522620. Device model - INVALID.
    3. Started iTunes.
    4. Attempted regular restore to existing v4.0.1, soft restoring to v4.0.1 & v4.1.
    5. All attempts yield, "The iPhone could not be restored. An uknown error has ocurred (3002)."
    6. iPhone reamins at iTunes logo with cord connect screen, DFU mode.
    7. Eventually I was able to get restore to work. However, the progress bar moves ~3/4 way across, using both v4.0.1 or v.4.1, then errors. Now, instead of being stuck on boot screen , I'm now stuck at restore screen with iTunes and cord icons.
    8. I have iPhone 4, v 4.0.1, with SHSH's saved on Cydia. However, I dont see any of them when using Tiny Umbrella.
    9. Please help!!
    Two things u need to check for the Restore to work.

If you've EVER had WiFiSync installed on your computer then you need to uninstall it!!!

Try to Restore after uninstalling it

If that still doesn't work, then:

If your Hosts files have been changed, you need to delete the one that points to Cydia

Try to Restore after deleting that Host file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    WiFiSync was never installed. Deleted the host file. Restore still fails.

I unplugged iPhone and plugged back in. It booted into v4.1!! Wow! Close call..Should I update to v4.2.1?
    Last edited by Qletis; 03-28-2011 at 09:35 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Qletis For This Useful Post:

waynegfx (03-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qletis View Post
    WiFiSync was never installed. Deleted the host file. Restore still fails.

I unplugged iPhone and plugged back in. It booted into v4.1!! Wow! Close call..Should I update to v4.2.1?
    U can't UPDATE to 4.2.1 but you can Restore to 4.2.1 if you'd like. Apple will 'update' to 4.3.1 automatically.

I actually downgraded my wifes 3GS to 4.1 the other day cuz her battery life decreased on 4.2.1.

It's up to u if you really want the Airprinting!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't see anything on Tiny Umbrella for DFU I am on version 4.30 After I do that do I use Pwnage to do a custom IPSW of 4.1 or which one of my blobs? Thanks Wayne

Thanks

I don't see anything on Tiny Umbrella for DFU I am on version 4.30 After I do that do I use Pwnage to do a custom IPSW of 4.1 or which one of my blobs? Thanks Wayne
    Since u have PwnageTool, just create a Custom 4.1 or 4.2.1 IPSW from there and then follow my iTunes Restore instructions above. The Custom IPSW will preserve your baseband and Hacktivate your phone so u can unlock it for TMo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

waynegfx (03-29-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I followed your instructions and got this error in iTunes....(The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.) What now?

Thanks

I followed your instructions and got this error in iTunes....(The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.) What now?
    Where did u get your IPSWs?
    Are u sure it's the right IPSW for your phone model?
    I'd try getting a different IPSW cuz the one ure using might have an error in it or be for the wrong device.

Go to this site to get an IPSW:
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    Lemme know

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Does it matter which pwnage I use....I am so new to all of this and that I'm sure that is important....Thanks again, Wayne

Thanks

Does it matter which pwnage I use....I am so new to all of this and that I'm sure that is important....Thanks again, Wayne
    Just get the newest and you'll be fine

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Do you think Pwnage 4.2.1 will work? Wayne

When I put the IPSW to make custom it says iPhone1, 2_4.2.1_8C148 (iPhone 3G) is that the right one for iphone 4 thats what the file said it was for. I am so confused....Wayne

i did all that and it says firmware is not compatible. I have a new paperweight
    Last edited by waynegfx; 03-29-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Do you think Pwnage 4.2.1 will work? Wayne

When I put the IPSW to make custom it says iPhone1, 2_4.2.1_8C148 (iPhone 3G) is that the right one for iphone 4 thats what the file said it was for. I am so confused....Wayne

i did all that and it says firmware is not compatible. I have a new paperweight
    iPhone 4 is iphone3,1 NOT iphone1,2. Iphone1,2 is for the iPhone 3G. That's why it's not working!

Thanks

And yes, Pwnage 4.2 will work for u

25. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

waynegfx (03-29-2011)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast