Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: connect to itunes to use push notifications OUT OF THE BLUE

Default connect to itunes to use push notifications OUT OF THE BLUE
    I just had a problem and i would like to post it here for people that might run into a similar problem. it took me a day of googling to find this article and it literally saved my day.

My friend is holding a Starhub 4.0.1 3GS JB with JBM.com.

Earlier her son was fooling with her iPhone and got her iPhone locked and she forgot the passcode.

So trying to reset the passcode, I asked her to delete the com.apple.springboard.plist and keychains-2.db.

Although doing so, her iPhone was still disabled.

- Cut story short -

She finally remembered her passcode (she was trying ddmm when her passcode was ddyy... -.-" ).

So now, all her Push Notifications are not working and when she opens apps with Push, they will display a balloon that says "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notification".

I did some googling and found that the keychains-2.db likely contained a unique PushID generated that allows the application to push notifications to it.

So question is now, how can I get her push notifications working again? Apart from restoring the phone of course.

my problem was i got locked out of my phone (because i forgot my password) but didn;t want to do a restore with all my jailbreaks and tweaks, and one person suggested that i delete
    com.apple.springboard.plist and keychains-2.db.
    i did, but i've had my fair share of problems so LUCKILY i always backup the original file on my comp just in case.

nevertheless deleting those files didn't put me pass the lockscreen. i was still locked out. i guessed my password later on, but with an entirely new plist file, my icons were all over the place among other things.
    but worst yet, I was getting the message connect to itunes to use push notifications for all apps that had push notifications turned on. pondering upon whether to try pushfix from cydia to restoring and rejailbreaking my phone, i was to the point of putting my phone in DFU mode to see my bootrom to see if the current jailbreak would give me an untethered jailbreak.

but god save me, i found the solution (at least for me since i had the original keychains-2.db.)

so for any of you that forget their passwords and get locked out, do not delete the keychains-2.db., it'll mess up your push notifications!! And always ALWAYS! keep the original file on your comp when editing or deleting system files on your iphone

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Techy Rock
    iPhone 3GS 4.1(SHSH 4.1,4.2.1)
    Bootloader 6.04
    New bootrom

Default Well what was the fix?
    You said all this stuff but then never say what your fix was!! Please let me know because this started happening to me too OUT OF THE BLUE today and have no idea how to fix it; I literally did nothing aside from turn off my alarm like I do every morning and within an hour I started seeing that error message anytime I opened an app with push notifications (i.e. Facebook, etc.)! I've never had to use "push doctor" or anything like that on my jailbroken iPhone 4 (4.3.3) and would prefer to not to have to resort to that - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    B

hey mate, i'm sorry you're running into that problem. i have no idea why you're getting that message though, if all you did was turn off the alarm.

i couldn't actually find a fix. i just always backup any of the files i'm going to edit inside my iphone, so i was able to isolate the problem and replace the file i deleted.

maybe it's a different sort of problem for you running on 4.3.3.
    i deleted the file
    com.apple.springboard.plist and keychains-2.db.
    and had the push notification screwed up and i was and still on 4.2.1 (3GS).
    Last edited by josephlee1987; 09-30-2011 at 11:03 PM.

I am currently having the same problem on OS 6.1 jailbroken with evasi0n. I also had to delete teh keychain-2.db file to fix another problem -- inability to backup in iTunes. So deleting that solved that problem but created this one. What is the solution, josephlee1987?