Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Updating A Jailbroken Firmwareis a discussion within the
Generalforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
Hi jailbreakers , Recently there has been a lot of speculation about an untethered iOS 4.2.1/4.3 jailbreak so I think that we should get a procedure of safely updating your...
01-27-2011, 07:26 AM #1
Updating A Jailbroken Firmware
Hi jailbreakers ,
Recently there has been a lot of speculation about an untethered iOS 4.2.1/4.3 jailbreak so I think that we should get a procedure of safely updating your Cydia apps, Winterboard themes and other apps. I'm sure that a lot of you guys are still on iOS 4.1 and are wondering what to do because its really sad once you have to start from scratch. So, I made a procedure that probably works, so I'll share it here. If something is wrong, please reply so we can all improve upon this procedure and make it flawless
WARNING: I have NOT tested this, please don't blame me if anything goes wrong.
Jailbreak Tool (Whatever is available at time)
iFunBox (available from i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB)
1. Make a list of your Cydia apps*
2. Back up iDevice with iTunes
3. Update iDevice to latest firmware
4. Once updating has finished, select "Restore From Backup" and choose the one you previously backed up
5. Jailbreak as you would normally
6. Once Cydia is running on you iDevice, add "OpenSSH", "afc2add" and "Winterboard"
8. Go to iTunes and right click on the device icon and select "Restore From Backup" again
9.iTunes will copy other apps
10. Go to Cydia and download the list of apps you previously made
11. Open iFunBox and SSH into var/stash/Themes/* and copy Winterboard themes across to iDevice
12. You will now have an updated iOS in a the state it was in the previous firmware!
*Don't include Winterboard themes and driver files such as "IntelliShared" and "AppList" that are automatically installed with other Cydia packages as this could result in a massive download size
I hope this helped!
Last edited by 240v; 01-27-2011 at 07:32 AM.~ 240VOLTS ~
The Following User Says Thank You to 240v For This Useful Post:
01-27-2011, 07:32 AM #2
Posting of another post will not help, i know you steal apps and i will still give you infraction.
01-27-2011, 07:41 AM #3
iYeow i removed ALL traces of piracy in this post. I got a message from x98car as well and did as told~ 240VOLTS ~
01-27-2011, 07:50 AM #4
Alright , you can continue to post now. Stick by the rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:
01-27-2011, 06:30 PM #5
Alright viewers, there was a bit of confusion between me and piracy issues, so I removed all traces of it, so we can start posting from here!~ 240VOLTS ~