Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iphone 4 error 3914

  1. #1
    Default iphone 4 error 3914
    first off, i know there is a lot of posts about this error, and i know about the hosts file fix, but no one seems to have a permanant fix..

    I have a Iphone 4 with 4.2.1. I am trying to restore to 4.2.1, nothing trick, right? WRONG!! everytime i try, I get error 3914. through reading and testing, i found the method that works for me is to delete the apple stuff in the hosts file, then ipconfig/flushdns.

    THIS IS ONLY TEMPERARY THOUGH!!!
    i read somewhere the root cause of this is tiny umbrella. ive deleted the tinyumbrella hosts file, and havnt run tiny umbrella since. is it possible that tiny umbrella made a entry in the hosts file that doesnt have apple in it?

    does anyone have an answer or solution that will fix this for good? please and thank you

  2. #2
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,717
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 591 Times in 535 Posts

    That error number (3194) means SHSH blobs were not delivered to your device, and therefore the device halted the restore.

    For iOS 4.2.1, SHSH blobs should still be served for your device, unless your device was reported stolen and Apple disallowed SHSH signing for your device.

    I just tested two random ECID strings for SHSH signing (0x71E307DF293 for the 3GS, and 0x2A37D9B05C9 for the i4), and they are returning valid blobs from both gs.apple.com and cydia.saurik.com for 4.2.1. It's either on your end or you're not telling us something.

    If you'd like me to check blob availability on a known working system, please PM or post your ECID.
    Last edited by Orby; 01-20-2011 at 12:50 AM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

    spudman01 (01-27-2011)

  4. #3
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Hm yes if the iphone 4 were to get any erors when restoring to 4.2.1, it wouldn't be 3194, it would be 1013 or 1015. I've yet to see anybody on 4.2.1 get 3194 really unless the host file was edited before. Then changing it back to normal should fix the issue, but even though it shouldn't get in the way of restoring to a fw that Apple is still signing.

  5. #4
    i have messed with the hosts file, but idk what normal is!! lol im on windows 7 can someone copy and paste what it should be please? and haha no i didnt steal the phone, it is a new replacement..

    heres the story:
    my original "had a bad battery" so i got it warrentied, they sent me another one that was a lemon: it would turn off and go into recovery mode if i didnt touch it about every hour. that is when i installed tiny umbrella to try to resore, because i didnt have internet at home besides mywi on my 3g, plus it had 4.1 and i wanted to keep it that way. come to find out it had blobs for 4.2.1 but 4.1 loaded onto it.. weird i know. but anyways i unjailbroke it and sent it back to apple, where yesterday my new iphone arived, and im still having this damn error code.

    and it is the 3194 error code, trying to restore a 4.2.1 phone to 4.2.1. no shift+click, just hitting restore in itunes. it will only work after i delete apple stuff in hosts, flush dns, open itunes, and plug in the iphone once its in dfu mode.

    also, does it do me any harm to post my ECID on here? what can people to with it?
    Last edited by spudman01; 01-20-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: just realized ive been putting 3914 lol my bad

  6. #5
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,717
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 591 Times in 535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spudman01 View Post
    i have messed with the hosts file, but idk what normal is!! lol im on windows 7 can someone copy and paste what it should be please? and haha no i didnt steal the phone, it is a new replacement..

    heres the story:
    my original "had a bad battery" so i got it warrentied, they sent me another one that was a lemon: it would turn off and go into recovery mode if i didnt touch it about every hour. that is when i installed tiny umbrella to try to resore, because i didnt have internet at home besides mywi on my 3g, plus it had 4.1 and i wanted to keep it that way. come to find out it had blobs for 4.2.1 but 4.1 loaded onto it.. weird i know. but anyways i unjailbroke it and sent it back to apple, where yesterday my new iphone arived, and im still having this damn error code.

    and it is the 3194 error code, trying to restore a 4.2.1 phone to 4.2.1. no shift+click, just hitting restore in itunes. it will only work after i delete apple stuff in hosts, flush dns, open itunes, and plug in the iphone once its in dfu mode.

    also, does it do me any harm to post my ECID on here? what can people to with it?
    It's purely a number used for signing restores to make them unique to a particular phone. If you're more comfortable sending it privately to me, feel free to do so.

    PS: Hit (windows key + r), then type in 'cmd' without the single quotes, then type "ping gs.apple.com" (again no quotes) and tell us what the IP address is when the ping responds.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

    spudman01 (01-27-2011)

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    It's purely a number used for signing restores to make them unique to a particular phone. If you're more comfortable sending it privately to me, feel free to do so.

    PS: Hit (windows key + r), then type in 'cmd' without the single quotes, then type "ping gs.apple.com" (again no quotes) and tell us what the IP address is when the ping responds.
    "Reply from 17.151.36.30: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=243"

    ECID DEC> 3881946504654
    ECID HEX> 387D60ADDCE

  9. #7
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,942
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

    I think your problem is with the computer not your iphone.

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I think your problem is with the computer not your iphone.
    thats what im thinking too, but i cant figure out how to fix it.
    Last edited by spudman01; 01-25-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: was drunk when i replied, came off as an *****.. here is my nicer version haha

  11. #9
    -untitled.png

    Plz suggest wat to do

  12. #10
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,717
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 591 Times in 535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mish10 View Post
    -untitled.png

    Plz suggest wat to do
    Comment out any entries for "gs.apple.com" by putting a pound sign (#) in front of that particular line in your "hosts" file (located at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on most Windows systems) and try your restore again.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •