Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 won't restore in iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 won't restore in iTunes
    Hi all, tried to update to iOS 4.3 from 4.2.1 using the new info about not having to be a dev, but it didn't work.

I'm glad I saved the 4.2.1 SHSH in advance with Tiny Umbrella, because it updated my baseband to 3.10.01-ICE_2_8. Now however, iTunes won't restore the phone no matter what I do.

I have a copy of the original 4.2.1 IPSW available, and TU shows that I have my SHSH for 4.2.1 saved as well.

I saw the TU guide on here, and went through the steps - turned on the TSS Server, opened iTunes, Option-clicked Restore, found the 4.2.1 firmware to restore, but it ends up the same way each time - "iTunes can't restore the firmware on this device because of an unknown error (1013)"

I tried kicking it out of recovery mode, but it boots right back in.

I think this has to do with my baseband being different, but I thought TU was able to restore the original baseband on the iPhone 4.

How do I restore my iPhone?? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

You need to restore without using tiny umbrella. Before you do open tiny umbrella, click advanced. Deselect the box that says set hosts to cydia on exit. Then close tiny umbrella and try restoring to 4.2.1 again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

BuayaGuy (01-19-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You need to restore without using tiny umbrella. Before you do open tiny umbrella, click advanced. Deselect the box that says set hosts to cydia on exit. Then close tiny umbrella and try restoring to 4.2.1 again.
    *Thank you*

I've jailbroken before, but I've never been so far down that I couldn't restore somehow...that did it though

Thanks again!