Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data...

Default Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data...
    I have an iPhone 3GS that has been working under 3.1.2 for a while. It was jailbreak and everything was working fine (except when trying to upgrade Cydia's essentials, that would freeze).

On december 12th something happened, I still dont understand what exactly, but I lost access to all my services! I could not access the internet nor my phone network. In other words, I could not make or receive any phone calls, and even the wifi seemed to be broken ( I had to manually find my router!). I called my phone company and they asked me to make sure my phone was up to date.

Of course, having a jailbreak phone made that task a little more complicated, but since my iPhone was so messed up I decided to do it. I made a backup of EVERYTHING I had, restored it to factory settings and upgraded the firmware to 4.1. So now it's like brand new! Except that version 4.2 is more up to date (but since there's no jailbreak for that version, I prefer to stay with 4.1)

Now 2 out of 3 things are working normally (the phone company's network and the wifi detection). But still cant have the 3G!

When I'm outside trying to go on Safari or GoogleMap, I always get a message saying "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service".

Since I just restored and upgraded my iPhone I dont see why it should still be messed up! I didn't even jailbreak it yet!

Any idea what else I could do??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimouette View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS that has been working under 3.1.2 for a while. It was jailbreak and everything was working fine (except when trying to upgrade Cydia's essentials, that would freeze).

On december 12th something happened, I still dont understand what exactly, but I lost access to all my services! I could not access the internet nor my phone network. In other words, I could not make or receive any phone calls, and even the wifi seemed to be broken ( I had to manually find my router!). I called my phone company and they asked me to make sure my phone was up to date.

Of course, having a jailbreak phone made that task a little more complicated, but since my iPhone was so messed up I decided to do it. I made a backup of EVERYTHING I had, restored it to factory settings and upgraded the firmware to 4.1. So now it's like brand new! Except that version 4.2 is more up to date (but since there's no jailbreak for that version, I prefer to stay with 4.1)

Now 2 out of 3 things are working normally (the phone company's network and the wifi detection). But still cant have the 3G!

When I'm outside trying to go on Safari or GoogleMap, I always get a message saying "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service".

Since I just restored and upgraded my iPhone I dont see why it should still be messed up! I didn't even jailbreak it yet!

Any idea what else I could do??
    Are you on a network that subsidizes the iPhone officially (AT&T, Rogers, SoftBank, Vodafone UK, etc.) or an unofficial one (T-Mobile USA, NTT DoCoMo, etc.)?

If it's the latter, check your APNs (Settings->Network->Cellular Data Network) and make sure valid ones are entered (a good place to check is here).

EDIT: Also worth sanity-checking against your network that you have mobile data active on your account, and such things as 3G are set correctly (if it must be on or off, that it is, et cetera).
    Last edited by Orby; 01-14-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Are you on a network that subsidizes the iPhone officially (AT&T, Rogers, SoftBank, Vodafone UK, etc.) or an unofficial one (T-Mobile USA, NTT DoCoMo, etc.)?

If it's the latter, check your APNs (Settings->Network->Cellular Data Network) and make sure valid ones are entered (a good place to check is here).

EDIT: Also worth sanity-checking against your network that you have mobile data active on your account, and such things as 3G are set correctly (if it must be on or off, that it is, et cetera).
    I live in Switzerland, the company is called Orange (a big company in Europe). Yes I have checked my cellular data network informations and compared them to the ones figuring on Orange's website, they perfectly match. also, mobile data and 3G are both active on my phone.

Default im a iphone4 user,my problem is this'could not activate cellular network,you are
    i had this problem..!!
    'could not activate cellular dat network,you are not subscribe'..
    how to fix this problem?.!!
    yesterday i try the steps from google...coz my problem only yesterday is'could not activate cellular data net work'..i did it,the 3g appear on the above ..but today is gone,and some appear is''could not activate cellular dat network,you are not subscribe'....i dont know what is this..im just a prepaid user,so i dont undestand..and im first time using iphone..so i dont familliar this..!!any one can help me?.!!....

Being a prepaid customer, does that mean your data is limited? Perhaps you have reached your data limit for the month?

Just an idea, maybe worth checking. Good luck!

no ,i mean im not a subscriber line in my sim^^..so do i need to connect the line?.!!

same problem on my iphone4, iOS 4.2.1.
    jailbroken via redsnow, unlocked / activated with ultrasnow / sam.

i can do calls, sms etc, but internet is not working.
    also, i can't see the data cellular settings, they're hidden for me.
    the indicator wheel is spinning, i can see the 3G icon, but no traffic is coming through.

clues?

Default Same problem! How to solve
    Quote Originally Posted by kimouette View Post
    I live in Switzerland, the company is called Orange (a big company in Europe). Yes I have checked my cellular data network informations and compared them to the ones figuring on Orange's website, they perfectly match. also, mobile data and 3G are both active on my phone.
    Hi Kimouette,
    Hi everyone

I have also the exact same problem on 3GS on 4.1. I restored completely iphone. No jailbreak just factory reset and as soon as 3G is activated the signal drops / No Service etc....
    As soon as 3G is desactivated the signal is back.
    I tried different sims. Even change sims cards with a new one.
    The problem is for me now clearly linked to the activation of the 3G network.

No shock to the phone or anything else which could explain that.
    I now use it in EDGE and it drives me nuts.

I'm also on Orange CH and i recently asked my unlock code for the IMEI. Phone is now completely unlocked. Don't know if this could be the cause...

Did you solve the problem? Any progress? I would like to isolate whether problem is HARDWARE or SOFTWARE if it's first i will stop wasting time and buy new phone otherwise i would like to fix asap.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Badi

Yes in my case the problem has been "partially solved". I no longer have any 3G nor network drops, but I decided to give up on my jailbreak.

I have completely restored my iphone with firmware 4.1, that still didn't work, but then I found something!!!

If your network provider is Orange then try this:
    Go to Settings / General / Network / cellular data network /

then find "Access point name (APN)"

If the current value says "internet" then try "click"
    If the value says "click" try "internet"

In my case the value was set to "click" so i changed it to "internet", thinking this was probably not going to work, but I changed it, saved my settings that way, completely shut down my iphone, then rebooted it, and god damnit now everything works fine!

And since everything is steady that way, I am not going to jailbreak it! Atleast, not for a while!

Hi All, I have iphone4 with 4.1ver i am using it on Gevey everything is working fine but only Mobile data or Cannot use internet on it....

somebody please help..!

Default No data or text problem solved
    Hi;

I have a Gevey and the jailbreak on the 4.3.3 on my iphone 4. I have the same problems with data. I went to Cellular data under setting and changed the apn which was blank to internet as well. Then restarted phone. Re-activated my Gevey. It still did not work.

This worked though

if you go on Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone with your phone (on a wifi), press continue, then press custom APN, then in the carrier, scroll for your carrier and press create a profile.

It will install as an app. Worked for me on FIDO.

www.unlockit.co.nz]
    Last edited by scooby1800s; 07-06-2011 at 03:06 PM.