+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: iPhone 3G - repeated unable to restore error 1015

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello I have a simple iPhone 3G (NOT Jailbroken or Unlocked) - I was going to download the latest version of software via itunes and when I went to upgrade
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unhappy Help: iPhone 3G - repeated unable to restore error 1015
    Hello I have a simple iPhone 3G (NOT Jailbroken or Unlocked) - I was going to download the latest version of software via itunes and when I went to upgrade my phone somehow got stuck in restore mode... When I click restore it tries to do it's thing and just repeatidly ends with "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unkknown error occured (1015)."

The steps I have taken thus far:

Read a lot of guides on google for restoring, 1015 error...

I initially was doing this on a regular macbook, then I tried it on a macbook pro... and finally i've tried again on a Dell Latitude which did not ever previsouly have itunes installed at all so everything was a complete fresh copy... The ending result... THE EXACT SAME ERROR.

I have NO idea what to do and my phone is not under warranty...

If there is anyone out there who has any more advice for me or other things to try, please let me know, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Are you trying to restore to 4.2.1 ? , go to setting, general, about and check your modem firmware. I suspect you have the ipad baseband.

Thanks

I cannot even get into my iphone at all... When I went to upgrade to whatever the current is, it made my iPhone stuck in recovery mode... So now that it is stuck in recovery mode I am having no way of getting it out of it. Is there anyway to access the iPhone to see the modem firmware to see if it is indeed ipad baseband? I don't think it is...

This is the error I get from itunes everytime I connect NOW:

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes"

But when I attempt to restore I get the restore error I talked about earlier... The phone used to work just fine before I tried to upgrade to the latest version of "iPhone software"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

When it says error 1015 use tiny umbrella from: http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ And kick the phone out of recovery mode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scmed27 View Post
    I cannot even get into my iphone at all... When I went to upgrade to whatever the current is, it made my iPhone stuck in recovery mode... So now that it is stuck in recovery mode I am having no way of getting it out of it. Is there anyway to access the iPhone to see the modem firmware to see if it is indeed ipad baseband? I don't think it is...

This is the error I get from itunes everytime I connect NOW:

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes"

But when I attempt to restore I get the restore error I talked about earlier... The phone used to work just fine before I tried to upgrade to the latest version of "iPhone software"
    From your info, why did you say 3g and modem firmware 02.30.03

Like INfidel says, use exit recovery to kick it out from TU and if it doesn't then,
    What you can do is put your iphone into dfu mode, download 3.1.2 ipsw. Run itunes, shift + restore to 3.1.2. Use exit recovery to kick out error 1015, you will be at emergency screen. You can either put a valid sim to trigger to Homescreen or you can use redsn0w 0.9.4 to hactivate and jailbreak so you can see your modem firmware.
    Last edited by iYeow; 01-03-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

rayne1er (10-06-2011), Scmed27 (01-03-2011)

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion on : 3g and modem firmware 02.30.03 - this was from my previous phone and I forgot to edit my profile since. I will try these out, thank you very much - greatly appreciated - will post results !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    From your info, why did you say 3g and modem firmware 02.30.03

Like INfidel says, use exit recovery to kick it out from TU and if it doesn't then,
    What you can do is put your iphone into dfu mode, download 3.1.2 ipsw. Run itunes, shift + restore to 3.1.2. Use exit recovery to kick out error 1015, you will be at emergency screen. You can either put a valid sim to trigger to Homescreen or you can use redsn0w 0.9.4 to hactivate and jailbreak so you can see your modem firmware.
    iYeow, this made great progress. Thank you so much for the information. I have now got my iPhone booted and back to a home screen... I am still having some issues though. I have taken the AT&T Sim Card out of my girlfriends iPhone 3GS and put it into my 3G (I was thinking this should be interchangable SIM Cards) but it is still "searching" instead of allowing the SIM Card to register... It did infact activate and allow me to use home screen just fine though... But 15 minutes + it is still "searching..."

Anyhow here is what I get from my Settings --> General --> About:

Network: Not Available
    Version 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Carrier: AT&T 5.5
    Modem Firmware: 06.15.00

Again, thanks a ton for the replies, progress has been great so far, if you have any fruther advice please let me know.

Thanks

Who updated your baseband to ipad baseband ?

You can now jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.4 and install Ultrasn0w to unlock your ipad baseband if you want to stay at 3.1.2 and just use it as a phone.
    Last edited by iYeow; 01-03-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I just purchased this iPhone off craigslist for my mother as she had some waterdamage to hers... So I would assume the person who I bought it from upgraded to iPad baseband, not telling me so. Lame.

I will try what you said, is there any way to downgrade the baseband from iPad back to iPhone and use it as a regular iPhone again so she can just plug it in and do the normal updates?

Thanks again for your promot replies.

Thanks

No you can't downgrade your baseband and you cannot restore to stock 4.2.1 or higher, you can only restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 or higher (if you want 4.2.1).
    You have to jailbreak your 3.1.2 with redsn0w and unlock with Ultrasn0w to see if she can get signal. Ask her not to update any firmware, if you update , then you have to do all over again.

OR if you want 4.1, then comfirm with TU that you have 4.1 blob. Put your iphone into recovery mode and restore to stock 4.1 , Exit recovery to kick 1015 and put ATNT sim in to trigger into Home Screen and jailbreak it with Rednn0w 0.9.6 b6
    Last edited by iYeow; 01-03-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

iYeow,

I have installed redsn0w 0.9.4 and then have been running it using the same 3.1.2 ipsw I used to originally restore my iPhone... I have been selecting JUST Install Cydia, as well as Cydia and Already Pwned (several times each way) -- When I install JUST Cydia it never seems to make it past "Waiting for reboot" after the instructions require me to enter it into DFU mode... But when installing both Cydia and Already Pwned it says the installation is completed sucessfully, but on the iPhone home there is no Cydia at all, making it unable to install Ultrasn0w for the unlock...

Can you think of anything else I am doing wrong in this situation?

Other than reading the sim card the phone still runs great though.

Thanks - your help has been greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Don't check already pwned as you have restored to stock firmware.
    OK, now i want you to download tiny umbrellla , plug iphone in and click save shsh. I want to see if you have 4.1 shsh blob. If you have it, i will get you to 4.1 and jailbreak it.

Thanks

When I use tinyumbrella and save shsh, the log reads:
    iPhone3G 4.0 (8A293)
    iPhone3G 4.0.1 (8A306)
    iPhone3G 4.0.2 (8A400)
    iPhone3G 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone3G 4.2.1 (8C148)
    iPhone3G 4.2b3 (8C5115c)

Thanks

Good. Close tiny umbrella, it will set your host file pointing to Cydia.
    Download the stock 4.1 firmware , download redsn0w 0.9.6b6 , run it and browse to stock 4.1, check only the box , DfU mode only. Once DFU is achieved, run itunes : shift + restore and browse to stock 4.1. Error 1015 will pop up, now open up tiny umbrella and use Exit recovery to kick it out.
    You are now at Emergency, put your valid sim in to trigger into HomeScreen.
    Jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and only installl Cydia.
    Unlock with Ultrasn0w from Cydia again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (01-04-2011)

Thanks

So everything has worked great so far, I was even able to install Ultrasn0w except ultrasn0w does not seem to be working... It was searching for about 10 minutes, then gave me a "No Service" I have tried it with two different working AT&T SIM Cards... Any other idea's on the unlocking / obtaining service? Awesome writeup for all the other stuff worked flawless up until this point!

Thanks

Under general , do you see a carrier there

Sorry i meant settings

And let it seach for carrier
    Last edited by iYeow; 01-04-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

nePiterskaja (01-05-2011)

Thanks

Under Settings --> General --> About --> Carrier: AT&T 8.0

Thanks

And you are using ATNT as your carrier, right ?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, AT&T is my carrier, it is a valid simcard,... have it working in other iPhone if I plug it in =X

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Scmed27 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Try uninstall ultrasn0w and test it out. There is this bug, Ultrasn0w doesn't always unlock ipad baseband on all devices that uses ipad baseband.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast