Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G and 3GS custom 4.2.1 firmware

Default iPhone 3G and 3GS custom 4.2.1 firmware
    I am currently trying to restore 2 iPhones one being a 16GB 3G and one being a 32GB 3GS. They're running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken using Redsn0w. They're both unlocked using the iPad baseband. I read that the only way to restore them is by creating a custom fw using Pwnage tool. The problem is I don't own a Mac. Would it be possible for someone to send me/post a link to a custom version of 4.2.1 for the iPhone 3G and another link for the 3GS?

Tell me if it isn't the right way to restore an iPhone that is running on the iPad baseband.

Thanks

Thread closed.

Anyone needing custom firmware for 4.2.1 please either search for a guide to make one for yourself or see here: http://tinyurl.com/CustomFirmwares

Linking to custom firmware is against forum policy
    Last edited by Simon; 01-26-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks

That is 100% the correct method.

I can assist you with the 3G no problem (check your PMs), but is your 3GS a new or an old bootrom model?

Yes the 3GS is on the older bootrom

Hi, I need someone's help... I have iphone 3gs with new bootrom and 6.15.00 currently stuck on apple logo. need a custom restore, can someone tell me how or where to download?
    Thanks

I have the same problem...

Hi everybody,
    i just have iphone 3gs, i need some help from you guys..., when i used redsnow on my computer win7, when click Browse then go to iphone2,1_4.2..., can't find nothing in folder, did i missed anything ? please help...

Quote Originally Posted by dlt2010 View Post
    Hi everybody,
    i just have iphone 3gs, i need some help from you guys..., when i used redsnow on my computer win7, when click Browse then go to iphone2,1_4.2..., can't find nothing in folder, did i missed anything ? please help...
    check your file extension. must be .ipsw not .rar .zip etc

Guys i have a similar problem but m running an iphone 3gs...

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    That is 100% the correct method.

I can assist you with the 3G no problem (check your PMs), but is your 3GS a new or an old bootrom model?
    Hey bro, mind if you send me a link of iphone 3G 4.2.1 firmware with the iPad baseband? Thanks bro!

Please please help me with a 3gs 4.2.1 hacktivated custom restore with ipad baseband. I'm currently in deep sh... waters.

guys am stuck with the same problem doesnt let me to restore to the normal original firmware reason being am on ipad baseband kindly help me and send me custom firmware for my 3G 8GB

thanks

Could you send me a link to custom firmware.

I crash my iPhone 3G 8Gb when I was flashing a ipad Baseband.
    Now my iPhone is in the service mode. (plug and itunes icon).

Can some one give me a custom firmware for 4.2.1 I have a 3gs with new boot rom with BB 6.15.00 Thanks!!

i have the same problem..can someone send me 3g 4.2.1 custom firmware plss

I have the same problem 3gs new bootrom

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Thread closed.

Anyone needing custom firmware for 4.2.1 please either search for a guide to make one for yourself or see here: Let me google that for you

Linking to custom firmware is against forum policy