Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you fix a jailbroken iphone that won't sync to itunes?

Default How do you fix a jailbroken iphone that won't sync to itunes?
    Hi,

I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.2 on itunes 9.1.0.79, jailbroken with blackrain. My Windows 7 user account corrupted, so I had to create a new user account, move all my files over (including the appdata folder where itunes keeps it's c drive stuff) and delete the old user account.

When I opened itunes in the new account none of my music or apps appeared (even after setting the media folder to it's correct location in preferences). So I simply dragged and dropped my apps, music etc from explorer into itunes, that worked fine. However when I connect my iphone to itunes, all the sync options that were previously ticked are now unticked and if I tick any, it says all the stuff on the iphone will be deleted and replaced with my itunes content, which is fine for most things, but I have loads of apps with user data (like my high score of 5.7 million in bejewled action mode ) that I don't want to lose.

Does anyone know a way I can get my iphone syncing again without resetting? Why is my iphone not being recognised as registered to itunes - I didn't do anything to the installation, but simply added a new user account? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

After you have log in to your account, you will need to authorize your computer too.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've tried that - it says the computer is already authorized.

Any other suggestions would be welcome...