Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Terms 101

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi, I need help and information regarding iphone 4 IOS 4.3, baseband 4.10.01. Currently the iphone 4 is locked to the network and jailbroken when same network SIM is inserted then it displays "No Serivce" and even tried to reset network settings but still the issue is same. Could you please let me know what can be the reason and what is solution for this?
    Many Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kcsunil100 View Post
    Hi, I need help and information regarding iphone 4 IOS 4.3, baseband 4.10.01. Currently the iphone 4 is locked to the network and jailbroken when same network SIM is inserted then it displays "No Serivce" and even tried to reset network settings but still the issue is same. Could you please let me know what can be the reason and what is solution for this?
    Many Thanks
    Did you use snowbreeze to jailbreak it?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Did you use snowbreeze to jailbreak it?
    Yeah I have used Snowbreeze to jailbreak Iphone 4 IOS 4.3 with baseband 4.10.01, but still i am seeing No Service though using same locked network sim card. What could be the reason?

Thanks

If you chose activate in snowbreeze when making the custom firmware then your iphone wont get signal with the official carrier sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you chose activate in snowbreeze when making the custom firmware then your iphone wont get signal with the official carrier sim.
    Does the activation issue apply to PwnageTool also? I am having the same problem, but I used PwnageTool to jailbreak IOS 4.3.2 on my iPhone 4 first with BB 3.10.01 then i upgraded to 4.10.01. I am still getting "No Service." I am with AT&T and don't really care for unlocking.

Thanks

Yes, it applies with all jailbreak tools if you hactivate.

If you don't care about unlocking why are you making it so difficult for yourself?
    Just restore to stock 4.32, activate then RedSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

@simon: Thanks, I got it working great. It's nice to be able to actually use my phone.

@@confucious: I had jailbroken it with PwnageTool before and just wanted to stick with one jailbreak tool. Redsn0w probably would have been way easier though.

Thanks jailbreak community!

What exactly is SAM thing?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It essentially will "undo" hacktivation, therefor relieving the device of the side effects that hacktivation can cause. These include push failure, possible abnormal battery drain, and YouTube.app failure.

Extremely helpful resource. Thank you Simon.

Hello all...

Thank you Simon for starting this thread. Very useful. Is it possible for you to expand to other areas after the jailbreaking process? Some of my questions may seem silly, but once told I hopefully will understand more. Once the phone is jailbroken, I dont understand the difference between boards ie spring board, winterboard or even if I am saying that right. Can the boards conflict against each other?

Thanks again
    Clair
    whats a girl to do!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Springboard is your homescreen. That's where all your apps are. Winterboard is a jailbreak all, it's a theming platform. Dreamboard is another theming platform but is more advanced than winterboard. It takes less work to set up. But it takes up more RAM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

taylormaid (09-22-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never noticed this sticky before, if people would have noticed this it would have saved a lot of typing.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Same thing would happen hehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123