+ Reply
Page 1 of 30 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
If you have updated your baseband to the iPad one to unlock and find yourself having to restore then this is how you do it. Follow the number for your
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,866 Times in 6,897 Posts

Default [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore
    If you have updated your baseband to the iPad one to unlock and find yourself having to restore then this is how you do it.

Follow the number for your situation

1: iPhone 3G with 4.1 SHSH
    2: iPhone 3G with no 4.1 SHSH
    3: iPhone 3GS with 4.1 SHSH
    4: iPhone 3GS with no 4.1 SHSH
    5: iPhone 3G with SHSH
    6: iPhone 3GS no SHSH on 4.2.1
    7: Any iPhone on 4.2.1

1: a)Download the 4.1 firmware for your device.
    b)Open tiny umbrella and start TSS server
    c)Shift-click restore to 4.1
    d)When you get 1015 error use tiny umbrella or recboot to exit recovery
    e)Do what you need to do to jailbreak or activate depending on if you have a official sim to activate or not.

2: Option 1: If you have a Mac make a custom 4.2.1 firmware and shift click restore to that (you do not need to add the iPad baseband if you have already done this).

Option 2: Download 3.1.3 firmware and shift-click restore to that in itunes. 3.1.3 does not require SHSH for iPhone 3G. You will het 1015 error, use tiny umbrella to exit recovery.

3: Same as #1

4: You have to use a custom 4.2.1 made with pwnage tool or snowbreeze.

a)If you have a Mac go to the iphone dev team blog and download pwnage tool 4.2 and make a custom 4.2.1 firmware to restore to: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13931

b) If you dont have a Mac then you can make a custom firmware with snowbreeze 2.2: http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/sn0w...-ios-421-video

5: With a iPhone 3G you can restore back 4.1. Once there you can jailbreak or activate with a official carrier sim, doesnt matter as long as you get past the emergency call screen. Go into itunes and update (do not restore, it has to be update) back to 4.2.1. You will still get a error 1015 but will be able to exit recovery if done using this method.

6: Restore to a regular 4.2.1 firmware. When you get the 1015 error use greenpoison to jailbreak:
    Greenpois0n
    http://mirrors.ih8sn0w.com/gp_win_rc5_b2.zip
    http://t.co/m3ENMeb

7: Use the newest version of tiny umbrella. It has a "fix recovery" button now for getting out of recovery after error 1015 when restoring to 4.2.1.

Rules to follow:
    1. Always use a official sim to activate after a restore if you have one as you will have less issues doing this (hacktivation can cause battery drain). If you dont have one you can use redsn0w to hacktivate.
    2. If you already have the iPad baseband then make the custom firmware without the baseband update.
    3. When restoring to custom firmware you need to put the phone into pwned dfu mode with redsnow or pwnage tool. Without doing this step you will get a error 16XX or 21.
    4. Never use the "erase all media and settings button" in settings. It will leave you in boot loop meaning you will have to restore.
    5. Always use regular firmware when using redsnow, not custom
    6. Make sure you are choosing the right option when redsnow asks if you are new model (new bootrom). A tool called idetector can be used to find out what bootrom you have.

Steps for restoring to custom firmware:

1: Run redsnow 0.9.6rc8 (if on windows vista/7 then run in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode).
    2: Browse for regular 4.2.1 firmware
    3: If 3GS answer the question if you have new model 3GS or not (you can find out with idetector)
    4: Press next
    5: Just choose the option to enter pwned dfu
    6: Follow steps to enter pwned dfu (should have a black screen when done)
    7: Open itunes and shift restore to the custom firmware.

Links to Stuff You will need:
    Dev-Team Blog
    iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella
    More detailed instructions on how to restore with tiny umbrella: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

Anybody needing Custom Firmware and dont have access to a Mac just google for one or use snowbreeze. Do not post in the thread asking for one, your post will be deleted. You can post in the thread for help with making or using one if you want.
    More methods will be added as they become available

Guide for making a custom firmware with pwnage tool: [How To] Use Pwnage Tool to make a custom firmware

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

amit815 (01-14-2011), Cowboy (12-01-2010), CrowbarGame (02-12-2011), DevouredDreams (01-08-2011), eliz88 (12-29-2010), g0sbv (02-20-2011), hooshi (01-08-2011), i.Annie (12-01-2010), Junta200 (01-13-2011), Kuraf&Me (01-02-2011), Mes (12-02-2010), nafooesi (12-30-2010), nikultimate (01-23-2011), Orby (12-02-2010), Ozzy86an (01-22-2011), PARUSA (01-03-2011), rossdisco (12-03-2010), Timsta (12-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks buddy. appreciate the post

Thanks

The buttons on tinyumbrella for enter, or exit recovery mode are not clickable...why is that?
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life~ Charles Darwin

Thanks

It depends on what firmware you were trying to restore to and what the current situation of the phone is. Also you need to make sure you run tiny umbrella as administrator.

Thanks

Yes, i did that..as administrator..it says connecting to servers to retrieve the 4.2.1 firmware, under log. I am stuck in the connect to itunes screen it wont do anything else. I had it working fine but i messed up by using my last back ip in itunes that made it mess up so i am trying to restore it back to 4.2.1, it has the 6.15 bb no matter what its still stuck with the connect to itunes screen. I know that tinyumbrella supports 3g amd the 4.2.1 firmware, but just isnt working for me. I got the 1500 error and another one 1600 or something like that..any ideas?
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life~ Charles Darwin

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lisalisa911 For This Useful Post:

Ozzy86an (01-22-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i'm not able to copy the bundle in pwnage 4.1.3. have you been successful using the 4.2.1 minimal bundle?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timsta View Post
    i'm not able to copy the bundle in pwnage 4.1.3. have you been successful using the 4.2.1 minimal bundle?
    Yes I have used it, follow the instructions on the dev team blog on how to get the bundle into pwnage tool.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa911 View Post
    Yes, i did that..as administrator..it says connecting to servers to retrieve the 4.2.1 firmware, under log. I am stuck in the connect to itunes screen it wont do anything else. I had it working fine but i messed up by using my last back ip in itunes that made it mess up so i am trying to restore it back to 4.2.1, it has the 6.15 bb no matter what its still stuck with the connect to itunes screen. I know that tinyumbrella supports 3g amd the 4.2.1 firmware, but just isnt working for me. I got the 1500 error and another one 1600 or something like that..any ideas?
    You wont be able to restore to a stock 4.2.1 now. Read the guide for what steps you need to do depending on if you have 4.1 SHSH or not.
    Last edited by Simon; 12-02-2010 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    mmm.. restored it. jailbroke it. but its stuck on apple screen.
    Last edited by Timsta; 12-02-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks

Glad you're up and running again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    okay. restored once more. trying this jailbreak again. the jailbreak hasn't worked at all for me after teh restore.

Thanks

Do you have a new bootrom 3GS?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thats the problem, i'm not sure. i'm assuming yes.

so right now. all i get is a apple logo with the wheel in spinning motion (but it doesn't move)

iphone 3gs running 4.2.1 with ipad basebands. i'm assuming this is a newer version

Thanks

After jailbreaking you need to run redsn0w again to boot tethered

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok so i have to powerdown and go into boot tethered.

so shut down even tho it shows an apple and spinnign wheel?

Thanks

Just put it into dfu from there, then run redsn0w and choose the boot tethered option only.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well i jsut tried it. it comes up with a pineapple wiht a bite taken out of it...

EDIT: For all that don't know this. when you go into boot tether. it shows a pineapple with a bite taken out of it. its just working. leave it alone for a few minutes, it will boot into the phone.

Thanks bro for the help. fone is up and running.
    Last edited by Timsta; 12-02-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks

Yup thats what it is supposed to come up with

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok this is sooooo getting frustrating. I followed what the Dev team says...

My friend has a 3GS. When he gave it to me, it was on 3.1.3 with modem firmware 5.12.02. I made a custom firmware using Pwnage tool on my iMac. I used the latest one which is the 4.2 custom FW. I went to iTunes and click option + restore and selected my custom FW. It went through its process and it was stuck on recovery mode. So I went and use Redsn0w to jailbreak using the custom FW i created from Pwnage. It went through its process and it was stucked on the pineapple logo. I tried to do it again but with the same outcome. Arrrgh!

So I tried it on my PC... I went and restored it to the official 4.2 FW through iTunes. (The hell with unlock, I just want to get his phone off the recovery mode again). I get the 1015 error after I restored it and now the phone is stucked on "Connect to iTunes logo". So I tried using redsn0w on my PC to jailbreak. it went through its process and is stucked on the pineapple logo. So I used Redsn0w again and clicked on the "Use tethered booth only"(something like that). It went through its process and now its back to "Connect to iTunes" logo.

What am I doing wrong? This is soooo frustrating! The only thing I could think of that was mentioned here is that I don't have any sim card in his iPhone. Is that critical? I can borrow his Att sim and put it in and try running Redsn0w to jailbreak one more time...
    Last edited by swoosh0217; 12-02-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks

Ok, i think your issue is you are pointing redsn0w to a custom firmware. redsn0w should only be pointed towards regular stock firmware. Did you at any point install the iPad baseband?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

swoosh0217 (12-02-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Ok, i think your issue is you are pointing redsn0w to a custom firmware. redsn0w should only be pointed towards regular stock firmware. Did you at any point install the iPad baseband?

I also tried using the regular 4.2 IPSW that I got from iClarified with redsn0w.

Yes I did install the ipad baseband with my iMac. This is before I used my PC and restore the phone through iTunes with the official FW 4.2