+ Reply
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Redsnow 0.9.4 or jailbreakme.com for 3.1.3
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 Times in 6,640 Posts

Redsnow 0.9.4 or jailbreakme.com for 3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool, thanks a lot! Had a lot of problems with Redsnow not working and cydia freezing with that install. I forgot about Jailbreakme.com, thought that came later on... but I usually have to use redsnow b/c i do not have it activated.
    i will keep grinding away on these and try to get them working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok. trying a 3GS that was on 4.3.5 no ipad baseband.
    i tried...
    1. DFU mode install 4.1. Gave 1015 error, tried to use tiny umbrella to exit recovery did not work. just restarted and went back to restore screen. Tried putting in DFU mode and fix recovery. also did not work.

2. Got on mac and cooked a custom firmware for 3gs 4.1 using pwnage tool 4.1.3 unlock edition.
    put in pwnage dfu mode and installed custom firmware. Error 1015. Closed itunes down. Tiny umbrella 5.00.12a exit recovery (still says firmware installed is 4.3.5 which was previous firmware?) Rebooted ... AND IT WORKED!!! HOLY COW!
    hope this will help someone!

thanks for all the help i will continue working on these

Thanks

Glad to hear you got one working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok... i dont get it. i got 2 working and now this one will not. it was on iOS 5.0 ...
    Got on mac and cooked a custom firmware for 3gs 4.1 using pwnage tool 4.1.3 unlock edition.
    put in pwnage dfu mode and installed custom firmware. Error 1015. Closed itunes down. Tiny umbrella 5.00.12a exit recovery (which before it would eventually work after 2-5 times) now it is just rebooting everytime and going back to restore screen.
    in tiny umbrella the phone says : installed firmware version is 4.3.5
    also tried putting in dfu mode and doing fix recovery, that just fails.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

You shouldn't get 1015 with a custom fw though.

Tried a stock 4.1 fw yet? Then upon receiving 1015, exit recovery. Then jb as normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You shouldn't get 1015 with a custom fw though.

Tried a stock 4.1 fw yet? Then upon receiving 1015, exit recovery. Then jb as normal.
    you will always get a 1015 error if going down / backward to a lower baseband than what it has, from what i have read....

the problem is they usually do not recover when i do the exit recovery with tiny umbrella... i have tried not closing itunes and leaving the error open and opening tu and choosing phone and exit recovery. closing itunes and doing same thing. Also try doing dfu mode and fix recovery that always just gives an error...
    they usually just restart and stay on the recover screen...

i actually have a 3G i was trying to get done. I tried doing a custom 4.2.1 firmware ... (this had the ipad baseband in the custom firmware.. should i make it without the ipad bb since the phone already has it on it? )
    i made firmware
    put in pwnd dfu mode
    installed custom 4.2.1 firmware and get 1015 error.
    use tu to try to kick recovery... and it just reboots every time back to recover mode.

i have also tried on the 3G to dfu mode normal and 3.1.3 fw stock.
    then i get the 1015 error. then it will never kick out of recovery either...

any tips?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well got the 3g on 3.1.3 stock firmware. exit recovery and eventually instead of just rebooting and showing the time wheel it went to the slide to unlock screen and freezes... that's where i am stuck now.

Thanks

You are not supposed to get 1015 with custom firmware when everything goes correctly, period, whether you're upgrading or downgrading.

When you say it freezes, does it load the emergency call screen then just doesn't react? Does the "slide to unlock" text still have animation? Can you put it to sleep in that state?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You are not supposed to get 1015 with custom firmware when everything goes correctly, period, whether you're upgrading or downgrading.

When you say it freezes, does it load the emergency call screen then just doesn't react? Does the "slide to unlock" text still have animation? Can you put it to sleep in that state?
    I always get a 1015 error if custom fw or not when it has the ipad bb...
    i usually boot to dfu mode redsnow then shift click and install the custom fw. do i need to have tiny umbrella running or anything like that?

and yes it goes to the slide to unlock screen and is completely frozen. stays lit up on screen. can not power down or put to sleep or anything.

Thanks

Ok regardless of what you always get, it isn't supposed to happen.

Bc of that, I'm inclined to say perhaps the issue is within that fact. Or...perhaps you need to create a new cFW bc the one you're using might not have built properly. Initially I would've thought its a touchscreen problem but since you can't do anything including power down on it, it seems to be otherwise.

Thanks

Your custom firmware doesnt have the ipad baseband in it installed does it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 3g
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you have updated your baseband to the iPad one to unlock and find yourself having to restore then this is how you do it.

Follow the number for your situation

1: iPhone 3G with 4.1 SHSH
    2: iPhone 3G with no 4.1 SHSH
    3: iPhone 3GS with 4.1 SHSH
    4: iPhone 3GS with no 4.1 SHSH
    5: iPhone 3G with SHSH
    6: iPhone 3GS no SHSH on 4.2.1
    7: Any iPhone on 4.2.1

1: a)Download the 4.1 firmware for your device.
    b)Open tiny umbrella and start TSS server
    c)Shift-click restore to 4.1
    d)When you get 1015 error use tiny umbrella or recboot to exit recovery
    e)Do what you need to do to jailbreak or activate depending on if you have a official sim to activate or not.

2: Option 1: If you have a Mac make a custom 4.2.1 firmware and shift click restore to that (you do not need to add the iPad baseband if you have already done this).

Option 2: Download 3.1.3 firmware and shift-click restore to that in itunes. 3.1.3 does not require SHSH for iPhone 3G. You will het 1015 error, use tiny umbrella to exit recovery.

3: Same as #1

4: You have to use a custom 4.2.1 made with pwnage tool or snowbreeze.

a)If you have a Mac go to the iphone dev team blog and download pwnage tool 4.2 and make a custom 4.2.1 firmware to restore to: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.2.1]

b) If you dont have a Mac then you can make a custom firmware with snowbreeze 2.2: HOW TO: Use Sn0wbreeze To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 [video] | FSMdotCOM

5: With a iPhone 3G you can restore back 4.1. Once there you can jailbreak or activate with a official carrier sim, doesnt matter as long as you get past the emergency call screen. Go into itunes and update (do not restore, it has to be update) back to 4.2.1. You will still get a error 1015 but will be able to exit recovery if done using this method.

6: Restore to a regular 4.2.1 firmware. When you get the 1015 error use greenpoison to jailbreak:
    Greenpois0n
    http://mirrors.ih8sn0w.com/gp_win_rc5_b2.zip
    http://t.co/m3ENMeb

7: Use the newest version of tiny umbrella. It has a "fix recovery" button now for getting out of recovery after error 1015 when restoring to 4.2.1.

Rules to follow:
    1. Always use a official sim to activate after a restore if you have one as you will have less issues doing this (hacktivation can cause battery drain). If you dont have one you can use redsn0w to hacktivate.
    2. If you already have the iPad baseband then make the custom firmware without the baseband update.
    3. When restoring to custom firmware you need to put the phone into pwned dfu mode with redsnow or pwnage tool. Without doing this step you will get a error 16XX or 21.
    4. Never use the "erase all media and settings button" in settings. It will leave you in boot loop meaning you will have to restore.
    5. Always use regular firmware when using redsnow, not custom
    6. Make sure you are choosing the right option when redsnow asks if you are new model (new bootrom). A tool called idetector can be used to find out what bootrom you have.

Steps for restoring to custom firmware:

1: Run redsnow 0.9.6rc8 (if on windows vista/7 then run in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode).
    2: Browse for regular 4.2.1 firmware
    3: If 3GS answer the question if you have new model 3GS or not (you can find out with idetector)
    4: Press next
    5: Just choose the option to enter pwned dfu
    6: Follow steps to enter pwned dfu (should have a black screen when done)
    7: Open itunes and shift restore to the custom firmware.

Links to Stuff You will need:
    Dev-Team Blog
    iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella
    More detailed instructions on how to restore with tiny umbrella: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

Anybody needing Custom Firmware and dont have access to a Mac just google for one or use snowbreeze. Do not post in the thread asking for one, your post will be deleted. You can post in the thread for help with making or using one if you want.
    More methods will be added as they become available

Guide for making a custom firmware with pwnage tool: [How To] Use Pwnage Tool to make a custom firmware
    hey mate. i have an iphone 3g that is in recovery/restore mode. reading your post im not sure weather its 4.1 or SHSH. how do i find that out? all i know is it was jailbroken with cydia i think.
    really would appreciate help
    thankyou

Thanks

Whether it is 4.1 or SHSH? Not sure what you mean there.

In any case just make a 4.2.1 custom firmware with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that in itunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i downloaded 4.2.1 from redmondpie.com. tried to restore iphone and still came up with 1015 error?

Thanks

Custom firmware bud

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok downloading custom 4.2.1 now. anything else i need to download?

Thanks

Either redsnow or iReb so that you can enter pwned DFU before restoring to the custom firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Greetings!

I've posted here a long time ago, so let me reintroduce my phone :P

I've got the following set up:

Model: iPhone 3GS
    Available SHSH: 4.1, 4.2.1r, 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1
    iOS Version: 4.2.1
    Baseband: 6.15 (iPad =\)

I've been having issues with the GPS and 3g internet for a while now after jailbreaking with 6.15 baseband.
    I would like to update to iOS 5.0.1 and if possible get a better baseband... if that's how things work...
    What can I do in my case?

Thanks.

Thanks

You can update to 5.0.1 with a custom firmware but you cannot change that baseband. Once you have the iPad baseband there is no changing it.