Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore

My situation is option 7. iPhone 4.2.1 3G, no SHSHs (unless cydia has them)
    Once I use Fix recovery on Tiny Umbrella, it tells me its waiting to reboot but nothing is happening. When I put it into DFU and restored I still got an error. HELP I am leaving on a month long trip today.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Fix recovery won't work on iPhone 3G I don't think. You need to make a custom 4.2.1 with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that. Or you can always go back down to 3.1.3 since SHSH are not required for that firmware for iPhone 3G. You can use exit recovery in tiny umbrella there.

I already restored to a custom IPSW on 4.2.1 and my iPhone showed a picture of Steve Jobs with russian text. Restoring to 3.1.3 and will try to Exit Recovery.
    Thanks
    Last edited by paulrap; 06-28-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Hello guys, I really need some help.

I have a 3GS which was running 4.3.3 already jail broken with ipad baseband,it was working fine but cydia wasn't so I decided to restore it through itunes and then i got 1015 and as you know its stuck on the connect to itunes screen.

these is what i already tried:using recboot, tiny umbrella, itunes various times.
    do i have to do a custom firmware? what can i do? ive read tons of pages and this seems where i can get help.

Anything is appreciated!

oh and Im on OSX

Thanks

Use pwnage tool to make a custom 4.3.3 and option restore to that in itunes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Jdlf (07-13-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Use pwnage tool to make a custom 4.3.3 and option restore to that in itunes.

Man, you're awesome !!

Thank you very much!

yeah it worked wonders!
    thanks again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdlf View Post
    Man, you're awesome !!

Thank you very much!
    hello.

i jailbrake it with the ipad baseband 06.15.00

it went great but when i try to open cydia the phone stays in loading files forever. i tried to delete cydia and install it again didnt work, i tried to restore it and itunes gave me errors.

so i decided to restore it to the new 4.3.4 and while it was restoring almost a the end it gave me an (error 1015).

Error 1015: This error is caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch’s software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred.

so now my iphone is stuck in restore mode forever.
    1 – i tried to restore it with 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 and didnt work
    2 – i tried to change the host file didnt work
    3 – i tried “fixrecovery” didnt work
    4 - i tried "ireb" didnt work

i think is because my current iPad BaseBand does not match with the BaseBand version of the one in stock. Hence the recovery loop.

the same problem that u had. how do i make a custom firmware or get pwnage tool?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need SHSHs to restore to 4.3.3. You also need a custom firmware because you have the iPad baseband installed. This means you can't restore to 4.3.4 because it requires a custom firmware which there isn't an official release on any of the tools that create custom firmwares. You could find an unofficial release I suppose and create one with PwnageTool if you have a Mac. If not, you could find a custom fw online if available yet.

Importantly, you should have SHSHs for 4.3.3 for a restore to custom firmware. You can find out with TinyUmbrella to see if Cydia has your SHSHs saved. Hopefully TU will be able to recognize your device and tell you if you have any SHSHs saved. If you don't have any saved, your only option is to go to 4.3.4. Of course as mentioned before, you'll need to use a custom firmware for that. If you do have 4.3.3 SHSHs saved, you'll need to create a custom firmware for 4.3.3 to restore to.

You're on OSX right?
    if you're on a PC, im not sure but i think you take the same steps

if so you have to first download all you need
    pwnage tool-- PwnageTool 4.3.3 Jailbreak Released (Download Links)

Ispw file--http://www.geohot.us/2011/05/download-ios-433-ipsw-iphone-ipad-ipod.html

then follow these steps and it should work as it did with me

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.2.1]

any questions just ask

Default Please help!
    I am having a wretched horrible time with this iPhone, I have spent HOURS trying to fix it.
    I started out on 4.3.3 and flashed the iPad baseband in redsn0w, it was functioning fine until I decided to install cydia via redsn0w as well. Cydia crashed and wouldn't work. I then went to jailbreakme.com to re-jailbreak which wasn't a good idea apparently.

BOTTOM LINE:
    I'm stuck in REC mode on 4.3.3 with ipad bb
    I get 1015 of course when trying to restore without custom fw
    I try custom firmware from pwnagetool with "not eligible for requested build"

STEPS I'VE TAKEN:
    I have edited the host file correctly ( this always confuses me)
    I have attempted to rejailbreak via redsn0w, gp, used recboot
    Unchecked / checked boxes in TU
    Tried kicking it out or "fixing" it via TU

I am not having any success with this and would greatly appreciate any held

My guess would be you're not using the correct pwnage tool version, it said the same thing to me at first because I was using an old build. I downloaded the most recent version and it worked instantly so that might be it, if not you should ask the user Simon(he is a moderator) he was very helpful when i asked him. good luck

Thanks

Do you have SHSHs saved for 4.3.3?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Do you have SHSHs saved for 4.3.3?
    I don't have any ssh saved

Quote Originally Posted by Jdlf View Post
    My guess would be you're not using the correct pwnage tool version, it said the same thing to me at first because I was using an old build. I downloaded the most recent version and it worked instantly so that might be it, if not you should ask the user Simon(he is a moderator) he was very helpful when i asked him. good luck
    I'm pretty sure I used the latest version
    Do I make a custom firmware or just let it use the one it makes? Do I use the 4.3.3 ipsw or do I have to use 4.3.5?

Thanks so much

Thanks

Without SHSHs you can't restore to anything except 4.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Without SHSHs you can't restore to anything except 4.3.5.
    When I attempt to do that I get the 1015 error
    I've tried modifying the host files via terminal with no luck either

I am having a wretched horrible time with this iPhone, I have spent HOURS trying to fix it.
    I started out on 4.3.3 and flashed the iPad baseband in redsn0w, it was functioning fine until I decided to install cydia via redsn0w as well. Cydia crashed and wouldn't work. I then went to jailbreakme.com to re-jailbreak which wasn't a good idea apparently.

BOTTOM LINE:
    I'm stuck in REC mode on 4.3.3 with ipad bb
    I get 1015 of course when trying to restore without custom fw
    I try custom firmware from pwnagetool with "not eligible for requested build"

STEPS I'VE TAKEN:
    I have edited the host file correctly ( this always confuses me)
    I have attempted to rejailbreak via redsn0w, gp, used recboot
    Unchecked / checked boxes in TU
    Tried kicking it out or "fixing" it via TU

I am not having any success with this and would greatly appreciate any held

Thanks

Because you have the iPad baseband you will not be able to restore to stock 4.3.5. This means without SHSHs you cannot restore to any custom firmwares which is required by devices using the iPad baseband. And since there aren't really any official tools out to create custom firmwares for 4.3.5 or even 4.3.4, I would say you can't use your device for a little while.

Unless there's some sort of unofficial pwnagetool out to create tethered but custom fw for 4.3.5. That I'm not sure of nor do I trust personally.

Thanks

Open tiny umbrella with device connected and press save SHSH. You may be surprised that you can save 4.1 SHSH even if you never did before.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast